Back to Chinese for HSK 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Chinese for HSK 1 by Peking University

Nǐ hǎo! 你好!Welcome to Chinese for HSK Level 1 - a Chinese course for beginners. My name is YU Bin. I am very happy to meet you here! HSK stands for Hànyǔ (Chinese) Shuǐpíng (level) Kǎoshì (test), which is the most important Chinese proficiency test in use today. It assesses non-native Chinese speakers’ abilities in using Chinese in their daily, academic and professional lives. Chinese for HSK Level 1 is the first part of the 6 levels and assesses test takers’ abilities in the application of everyday Chinese. It is the counterpart of Level 1 of the Chinese Language Proficiency Scales for Speakers of Other Languages and the A1 Level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. You will learn:  30 video lectures with dialogue role plays by PKU students;  More than 150 commonly used words;  Around 50 key grammar points;  New words and texts via audio;  Quizzes for each lesson and HSK test papers;  Videos for 70 basic Chinese characters (optional);  Supplementary materials about China (optional). In short, the course covers the four skills although only listening and reading are tested in HSK. At the end of the course, you will be able to understand and use simple Chinese phrases, meet basic needs for communication and possess the ability to further your Chinese language studies. Have a fantastic journey of Chinese learning. For more information about HSK please visit: http://english.hanban.org/node_7581.htm....

AG

Jan 05, 2019

finally an online course that delivers, great way to kickstart or reboot your chinese. the formula of the lesson is simple and easy to follow, a fantastic way to start, definitely moving on to HSK2

TR

May 23, 2019

Excellent course, Yu Bin explains the material very well and the content is well organised. I would have liked further explanations on the grammar and additional practice exercises beyond the quiz

101 - 125 of 211 Reviews for Chinese for HSK 1

By Harry A

Aug 20, 2017

I had some vocabulary with almost no grammar coming into this course and this helped me organize my basics to a level where I'm more confident listening to and talking to Chinese friends.

Highly recommended for beginners and people with some Chinese who have not yet done HSK1. Reading Chinese characters isn't required, but you'll pick up some of them automatically. There are optional materials that show how you write Chinese characters. The quizzes/tests are all listening and reading.

By Ilanka

Feb 26, 2018

The course is very well structured and balanced. It was very helpful and I enjoyed it greatly! Thank you very much!

By Teodora R

Oct 13, 2017

Very easy to follow, very clearly explained, lots of different people talking which is great to practice with...Highly recommended

By Mujahid A

Dec 07, 2017

The course is perfectly designed for the beginners. It has made learning Chinese very easy and fun. I could not imagine how easy it is to learn Chinese via the course. I recommend you take this course if you want to learn mandarin in no time. I am really thankful to teacher Yu Bin and the team. My first step towards learning Chinese inspired me and was very easy. Now, I think I can learn the whole Chinese language. I will keep taking steps and pray for you. May you also keep going.

Thank you once again Miss Yu Bin and the team.

Regards: Mujahid Ali

By Noel E S

Jan 26, 2017

Very good. By the end of the course, I felt prepared to take the exam.

By Manuel E

Mar 13, 2017

YU Bin is an excellent teacher and the course was well organized. Our main mentor was also helpful. Of course, time and effort is needed to pass this course. The one thing that needs improvement is the dialogue page which is a complete mess on mobile devices.

By Sam C

Sep 14, 2017

Excellent. Well structured and adaptable to suit different needs, levels and availability.

By Alexander T

Jul 06, 2017

I really liked the course. It gives you a good start into learning chinese.

By Abdullah Z

Oct 24, 2017

It is the best course to learn Chinese and to prepare ourself for HSK.

I have recommended it to many friends.

By Birke U

Mar 30, 2018

The course is very structured and a lot of tests are included to prepare you for the final HSK-1 Test. The teacher has a very clear pronunciation as also the students in the lectures. Grammar is also included according to HSK level 1 I guess. I enjoy the course. Great work.

By Nicolás M

Jan 30, 2017

Helps you a lot to understand the HSK structure and gives you the necessary words to pass it by far, five stars because it achieves the goal to prepare you for de HSK with many pluses inside the course, totally worth it.

By Nienke T

Apr 24, 2018

Great!

By Dinh V H

May 26, 2017

In my opinion, this online HSK is excellent! I would like to recommend it for everyone. Thank you Teacher very much!

By Joe V

Jul 24, 2017

Course material is comprehensive. It deals with real life situations, and have practical value if you are an expat living in China. It prepares you quite well for the HSK1 certification.

By Thuy V

May 09, 2018

Thank you for this amazing course!

By Rizaldi C

Apr 09, 2018

good

By Dale L

Nov 09, 2017

Fantastic! Not an easy course if learner does not have some basic Mandarin background but very good. Ms. Yu Bin is very professional and easy to follow. Class is organized and flows well. Thank you for having me!

By Haris K

Jun 14, 2018

Excellent material v captivating and interesting lectures

By Tomás O F

Feb 21, 2018

Great course. I was looking to catch up with my college Chinese class. I haven't catch up yet, but I think with the HSK2 course I will.

Overall, a well thought and well planned course.

Would recommend!

By Brenda D G C

Mar 04, 2017

Very nice course, is very friendly and teaches you efficiently. Totally worth it, although a few more exercises would have been great.

By 李俊一

Dec 02, 2017

This is a good course.I'm a Chinese postgraduate student in Xi'an .Everyone who want to learn Chinese face to face by Internet connect me.I will try my best to help you.I can speak a little English.My email is arthurlijunyi@gmail.com.

By Silvia P

Jun 04, 2017

I really enjoyed this course. When I was in the high school I started to learn chinese by my own and now, I few years later, I restarted studying this particular language. The course is organized very well and the teacher is totally clear in the reading and in the explanations. You can learn through the videos in which she explain a bit of grammar rules and read with you dialogues and new words. For the first level of HSK they teach you all you have to know and some exercises and the final test are a "copy" of an HSK test, so you can train yourself every week and at the end. I totally reccomend this course to everyone who want to approach, even for the first time, to this language. The aspect that I liked more is the costant presence of mathertongue that speak chinese and read words and phrases. It's really helpful for learning the pronunciation!

By Tobias H

Jun 20, 2017

Excellent teacher and easy-to-grasp lectures. A logical build. Inspired to learn more now!

By TARIQ A

May 28, 2018

Chinese Language is very hard language,but it's amazing language if you learned this language you have more jobs opportunity.

By Jessica L

May 14, 2017

Great course with a good pace to learn Mandarin!