Back to Chinese for HSK 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Chinese for HSK 1 by Peking University

Nǐ hǎo! 你好!Welcome to Chinese for HSK Level 1 - a Chinese course for beginners. My name is YU Bin. I am very happy to meet you here! HSK stands for Hànyǔ (Chinese) Shuǐpíng (level) Kǎoshì (test), which is the most important Chinese proficiency test in use today. It assesses non-native Chinese speakers’ abilities in using Chinese in their daily, academic and professional lives. Chinese for HSK Level 1 is the first part of the 6 levels and assesses test takers’ abilities in the application of everyday Chinese. It is the counterpart of Level 1 of the Chinese Language Proficiency Scales for Speakers of Other Languages and the A1 Level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. You will learn:  30 video lectures with dialogue role plays by PKU students;  More than 150 commonly used words;  Around 50 key grammar points;  New words and texts via audio;  Quizzes for each lesson and HSK test papers;  Videos for 70 basic Chinese characters (optional);  Supplementary materials about China (optional). In short, the course covers the four skills although only listening and reading are tested in HSK. At the end of the course, you will be able to understand and use simple Chinese phrases, meet basic needs for communication and possess the ability to further your Chinese language studies. Have a fantastic journey of Chinese learning. For more information about HSK please visit: http://english.hanban.org/node_7581.htm....

AG

Jan 05, 2019

finally an online course that delivers, great way to kickstart or reboot your chinese. the formula of the lesson is simple and easy to follow, a fantastic way to start, definitely moving on to HSK2

TR

May 23, 2019

Excellent course, Yu Bin explains the material very well and the content is well organised. I would have liked further explanations on the grammar and additional practice exercises beyond the quiz

176 - 200 of 211 Reviews for Chinese for HSK 1

By Ahsan N

Aug 17, 2019

well, structured course! I strongly recommend this course to new comers.

By conceição a d o m

o

m

By Hector A C A

Aug 29, 2019

It was a great course. I learnt a lot from it, even though I'm only a beginner in Chinese.

By Jonathan D

Sep 01, 2019

This course does everything it sets out to do, in a very structure and professional manner. I feel quite ready to sit the HSK 1 exam. I already had a bit of beginning Chinese under my belt, and I think my understanding of Mandarin phonology was an advantage.

By Allison C

Sep 07, 2019

This class was just what I needed and whenever I needed it. I will continue with the next level.

By Alisa G

Sep 09, 2019

Good basic coures

By Melissa R

Sep 10, 2019

A great course for those who never learned Chinese before.

By Mark K

Dec 19, 2018

I think the course was generally quite good. The teacher was good at explaining things in a clear way. The video's, mostly, were of good quality. The quiz's mostly connected with the learning material. Only sporadically I saw words in the quiz's that I didn't see before but that's okay. The last week, week 6, was slightly more difficult than the other weeks; I guess it was tying up loose ends. The final quiz, to be honest, was a lot harder than expected. Even though I passed 40/40, most of it was just because I picked up words while listening, without fully understanding the entire sentence.

I read the reviews of HSK2 of the same school; which say the material isn't quite as good as HSK1, that would be disappointing. I hope you guys keep working on improving the materials!

Thank you very much!

By Sonya D

Jan 02, 2019

I found this course very useful. The way it is set up worked well for me. The only difficulty I had was that the videos and soundtracks were "too heavy" for my internet connection here in China.

By Hyun C Y

Jan 28, 2019

easy and well-made

By K S S d S

Feb 16, 2019

very good with a lot of practice embedded into the course

By Daniella M

Mar 04, 2019

Great learning for a beginner . Teacher is clear and helpful

By Eduardo d J R C

Jul 21, 2018

Excelente

By miki t

Oct 16, 2018

It is a good introductory course; the teacher is likable, and the content is fun. However, I feel like the last a few lesson were not as good as the first ones. The quality of the dialogues gradually decreased towards the end.

By David M L H

Jun 05, 2017

It follows the basic structure of teaching a foreign language, with the expected "My name is ...". The will help candidates memorise the key phrases.

By Jennifer s

Dec 04, 2017

This course moves very fast. It is nice to have the online option to go back and review, but would love to have built in practice/repetition more frequently and at a slower pace. So thankful for this course and the opportunity to begin to learn some basic Chinese. It would be great to have flashcards attached or downloadable and more tone practice. Thanks!

By Cappy B

May 29, 2017

I signed up for this course because I'm going to visit China. It is a great class for people like me who have never studied Chinese before.

By Christian S

Nov 12, 2017

O curso abrange de forma muito inteligente o principal vocabulário do HSK I. Muito bom. Simples, rápido e eficiente.

By Emmanouil T C

Dec 02, 2016

Very nice and instructional. Some minor mistakes here and there (it had two lectures with the videos in the wrong order). Looking forward to the next ones.

By Kaushalya N

Oct 12, 2017

Very well constructed course. I did not have to resort to supplementary reading material for HSK 1 preparation. The course content will suffice for taking the test. Concepts are very well explained and I would encourage those who are serious about taking the HSK 1 examination to take this course. A couple of things that they could work on: i) Although characters are not a part of the HSK 1 curriculum, more characters could have been introduced optionally for those who are interested. Might have helped in the long run ii) Some facts and information on Chinese culture and History could have been introduced to make it a comprehensive course

By Arifah A R

Jun 28, 2018

the instructor speaker word by word. It is easier for me to find the tone.

By Adela G

Mar 12, 2017

Muy interesante y práctico. Unicamente que al no comprar el curso algunos test no se pueden finalizar.

By 马迪 J

May 23, 2017

This course is great for gaining a solid foundations of the Chinese language, as it covers the basics of the characters and tones in the first week, from then on each week goes with fresh lecture sessions that increase the vocabulary and grammar lessons. Also, the video lectures at the beginning of each week contribute very much for developing and honing the listening comprehension for daily conversations.

By Nicolas D

Aug 01, 2017

Cours très intéressant. Simple et clair. J'ai suivi ces enseignements en parallèle de cours en Institut. Cela a été très complémentaire. HSK1 largement validé. Je recommande et ai hâte de passé au niveau 2.