Back to Chinese for HSK 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Chinese for HSK 1 by Peking University

Nǐ hǎo! 你好!Welcome to Chinese for HSK Level 1 - a Chinese course for beginners. My name is YU Bin. I am very happy to meet you here! HSK stands for Hànyǔ (Chinese) Shuǐpíng (level) Kǎoshì (test), which is the most important Chinese proficiency test in use today. It assesses non-native Chinese speakers’ abilities in using Chinese in their daily, academic and professional lives. Chinese for HSK Level 1 is the first part of the 6 levels and assesses test takers’ abilities in the application of everyday Chinese. It is the counterpart of Level 1 of the Chinese Language Proficiency Scales for Speakers of Other Languages and the A1 Level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. You will learn:  30 video lectures with dialogue role plays by PKU students;  More than 150 commonly used words;  Around 50 key grammar points;  New words and texts via audio;  Quizzes for each lesson and HSK test papers;  Videos for 70 basic Chinese characters (optional);  Supplementary materials about China (optional). In short, the course covers the four skills although only listening and reading are tested in HSK. At the end of the course, you will be able to understand and use simple Chinese phrases, meet basic needs for communication and possess the ability to further your Chinese language studies. Have a fantastic journey of Chinese learning. For more information about HSK please visit: http://english.hanban.org/node_7581.htm....

AG

Jan 05, 2019

finally an online course that delivers, great way to kickstart or reboot your chinese. the formula of the lesson is simple and easy to follow, a fantastic way to start, definitely moving on to HSK2

TR

May 23, 2019

Excellent course, Yu Bin explains the material very well and the content is well organised. I would have liked further explanations on the grammar and additional practice exercises beyond the quiz

176 - 200 of 225 Reviews for Chinese for HSK 1

By Aiste R

Jul 02, 2019

Very difficult, great experience :) really high level, a great challangle for the future ;) thank you

By Andrew K

Jul 06, 2019

This course is structured very well and is a very good way to learn the basics of Mandarin Chinese to prepare for the HSK1 exam.

By Ralph R F

Jul 13, 2019

Simple and practical, the unique combination of non-native and native dialogues helps in understanding the language easily. Terrific for first time enthusiasts, who like me needs to have the basics in place.

By Hector A C A

Aug 29, 2019

It was a great course. I learnt a lot from it, even though I'm only a beginner in Chinese.

By Jonathan D

Sep 01, 2019

This course does everything it sets out to do, in a very structure and professional manner. I feel quite ready to sit the HSK 1 exam. I already had a bit of beginning Chinese under my belt, and I think my understanding of Mandarin phonology was an advantage.

By Allison C

Sep 07, 2019

This class was just what I needed and whenever I needed it. I will continue with the next level.

By Alisa G

Sep 09, 2019

Good basic coures

By Melissa R

Sep 10, 2019

A great course for those who never learned Chinese before.

By Asfandyar M

Jun 13, 2019

I am satisfied with this course.

By Catherine C

Sep 25, 2019

This was a delightful course and very helpful. I felt that all skills were reviewed and we were provided with a lot of invaluable resources.

By Olga

Oct 02, 2019

Хорошо структурированный материал. После каждого урока есть маленький тест, и в конце недели-тоже, но с большим количеством вопросов. Это очень удобно. Также есть учебник со всем материалом.

Единственное, звук слишком тихий, когда говорит преподаватель, а звук заставки просто зашкаливает.

By Priyanka S A

Oct 09, 2019

This course made me believe in online courses. Thank you Coursera!!!!

By Manfred S

Oct 11, 2019

I think this course is very useful as an intro to Chinese Language and is also a very good HSK-Test preparation!

By Nadya F

Nov 06, 2019

great course

By Zach W

Nov 03, 2019

Straight forward and easily accessible. I appreciate the dialogs and the short videos on stroke order

By Nicolas Y

Dec 02, 2019

Very good course, I recommend!

By Bakil M A G

Dec 05, 2019

An Excellent course. I really enjoyed learning every small thing in this interesting course.

By Juan P M

Nov 18, 2019

Great introduction course to Chinese! Loved the examples and fast-pace in having great results.

By Victor L

Dec 07, 2019

Great course, I just passed HSK 1 test with this program

By britney c

Dec 07, 2019

Me ha encantado este curso porque he aprendido mucho en poco tiempo, es muy flexible y se adapta a mi horario. Además que ofrece ayuda económica, es muy bueno para las personas que como en mi caso no podemos costearnos un curso.

By John B

Dec 08, 2019

Fabulous course, couldn't be happier with it!

By Thomas C

Dec 10, 2019

Really good course, would recommend!

By Sonya D

Jan 02, 2019

I found this course very useful. The way it is set up worked well for me. The only difficulty I had was that the videos and soundtracks were "too heavy" for my internet connection here in China.