Back to Chinese for HSK 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Chinese for HSK 1 by Peking University

Nǐ hǎo! 你好!Welcome to Chinese for HSK Level 1 - a Chinese course for beginners. My name is YU Bin. I am very happy to meet you here! HSK stands for Hànyǔ (Chinese) Shuǐpíng (level) Kǎoshì (test), which is the most important Chinese proficiency test in use today. It assesses non-native Chinese speakers’ abilities in using Chinese in their daily, academic and professional lives. Chinese for HSK Level 1 is the first part of the 6 levels and assesses test takers’ abilities in the application of everyday Chinese. It is the counterpart of Level 1 of the Chinese Language Proficiency Scales for Speakers of Other Languages and the A1 Level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. You will learn:  30 video lectures with dialogue role plays by PKU students;  More than 150 commonly used words;  Around 50 key grammar points;  New words and texts via audio;  Quizzes for each lesson and HSK test papers;  Videos for 70 basic Chinese characters (optional);  Supplementary materials about China (optional). In short, the course covers the four skills although only listening and reading are tested in HSK. At the end of the course, you will be able to understand and use simple Chinese phrases, meet basic needs for communication and possess the ability to further your Chinese language studies. Have a fantastic journey of Chinese learning. For more information about HSK please visit: http://english.hanban.org/node_7581.htm....

AG

Jan 05, 2019

finally an online course that delivers, great way to kickstart or reboot your chinese. the formula of the lesson is simple and easy to follow, a fantastic way to start, definitely moving on to HSK2

TR

May 23, 2019

Excellent course, Yu Bin explains the material very well and the content is well organised. I would have liked further explanations on the grammar and additional practice exercises beyond the quiz

126 - 150 of 211 Reviews for Chinese for HSK 1

By Abel M

Mar 22, 2017

Amazingly helpful course. Takes things step by step, very comprehensive, 10/10 would recommend to any beginner interested in learning Chinese!

By Miguel A J A

Mar 08, 2017

Very good resources. I highly recommend this course for people learning Mandarin.

By Gianluca P

Aug 27, 2017

Excellent course!

Very intuitive and helpful to pass HSK1.

Lessons are very clear and are not only limited to words in HSK1, but teach you some other words and how to use basic chinese words in all days situation.

By William N

Jan 28, 2018

I really enjoyed this course, it was exceptional and I learned plenty. A very enjoyable experience! Will recommend to all.

By Ezequiel S S

Jan 07, 2017

Great course and teacher!

By Jonathan G

Apr 23, 2018

Excellent Course, I would recommend this course to anyone trying to learn Mandarin.

By Peter B

Feb 25, 2018

Excellent course!

By Huong V

Dec 21, 2017

Amazing start point for beginners in Chinese learning :)

By Daniel W

Mar 04, 2018

nice course, clear structure, explained very well, easy to understand. very good class, I like to have more of this

By Tikhomirov V

Apr 04, 2018

太棒了!Excellent!

By Charity A S

Sep 08, 2018

So happy to find this course!

By muhammad a

Sep 23, 2018

good for overseas student

By Vo N T T

Sep 23, 2018

I learned a lot knowledge from this course. Teacher YuBin voice is very nice . I like her way of teaching. Highly recommend this course for freshers.

By Dennis B

Sep 24, 2018

Its very good.

By Ashley G

Sep 29, 2018

I thoroughly enjoyed this course! Short lectures, lots of practice with listening and reading as well as with character recognition. I also really liked that the questions we practiced with in the lectures and quizzes were the same types that we would see in the final exam. My favorite part, though, may have actually been the peer assessment and submission. I liked that I had to speak and put it out there for my peers to listen to and review. It certainly helped! I would definitely recommend this course to beginner chinese language learners.

By Monica G

Aug 12, 2018

Very well structured: new words and grammar points are read and explained by the teacher, who reads also all the dialogues. The teacher is very motivating and nice, she explains the items clearly and the exercises she suggests are very useful.

By Beyers F D W S

Aug 13, 2018

The impossible happened – a massive transformation in my "Western" (Germanic) mindset in learning the basics of Chinese in HSK1. Many thanks to Peking University (YU Bin & team) and Coursera for their excellent platform! Now for the next course!

By Lien C

Oct 05, 2018

Excellent course! Very good instructor! Video lectures are 5-10min each, which I think is the perfect length!

The course is well-structured, and materials are a mix of listening and reading, with a variety of good-sized everyday life dialogues. I personally don't find the writing section very helpful but I seek a separate book for that purpose.

Overall, an excellent course and I highly recommend for all beginners! It makes learning Chinese particularly interesting!

By Sumaira I

Oct 17, 2018

this courser is really useful for those who want to learn Chinese.

By Christopher

Nov 05, 2018

Solid introductory course for learners of Mandarin Chinese

By jayasundara m m p j

Nov 06, 2018

great opportunity ever i had

By Joevanie C J

Nov 14, 2018

Great instruction from Peking University. If you want to be comfortable with the basics of Chinese language, this is the course that you're looking for.

By Josefa V C

Nov 20, 2018

Excelente curso.

By Yulia K

Nov 22, 2018

This course has a very detail and clear explanation. Very good to start for beginner. This course also introduce basic cultural knowledge of China as well.

By MT