Back to Chinese for HSK 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Chinese for HSK 1 by Peking University

Nǐ hǎo! 你好!Welcome to Chinese for HSK Level 1 - a Chinese course for beginners. My name is YU Bin. I am very happy to meet you here! HSK stands for Hànyǔ (Chinese) Shuǐpíng (level) Kǎoshì (test), which is the most important Chinese proficiency test in use today. It assesses non-native Chinese speakers’ abilities in using Chinese in their daily, academic and professional lives. Chinese for HSK Level 1 is the first part of the 6 levels and assesses test takers’ abilities in the application of everyday Chinese. It is the counterpart of Level 1 of the Chinese Language Proficiency Scales for Speakers of Other Languages and the A1 Level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. You will learn:  30 video lectures with dialogue role plays by PKU students;  More than 150 commonly used words;  Around 50 key grammar points;  New words and texts via audio;  Quizzes for each lesson and HSK test papers;  Videos for 70 basic Chinese characters (optional);  Supplementary materials about China (optional). In short, the course covers the four skills although only listening and reading are tested in HSK. At the end of the course, you will be able to understand and use simple Chinese phrases, meet basic needs for communication and possess the ability to further your Chinese language studies. Have a fantastic journey of Chinese learning. For more information about HSK please visit: http://english.hanban.org/node_7581.htm....

AG
Jan 4, 2019

finally an online course that delivers, great way to kickstart or reboot your chinese. the formula of the lesson is simple and easy to follow, a fantastic way to start, definitely moving on to HSK2

TR
May 22, 2019

Excellent course, Yu Bin explains the material very well and the content is well organised. I would have liked further explanations on the grammar and additional practice exercises beyond the quiz

151 - 175 of 469 Reviews for Chinese for HSK 1

By Anirban G

Jun 11, 2020

Really wonderful course, teaches all the basics at a slow and digestible pace. Very challenging but fun final exam, definitely enjoyed this course.

By David C

Jun 11, 2020

very clear steps in learning Chinese. Moves a little bit too fast by presenting too much info in one lesson. Makes the testing more difficult.

By Juergen A B

Jul 24, 2020

Very well structured, many possibilities to repeat. I would enjoy the possibility to learn also writing the Chinese words as additional option.

By Albert L

Aug 11, 2020

I really love this course, it's has open my eyes about there culture and best of luck to whoever want to improves there knowledge in Mandarin.

By Sai K K

Jul 28, 2020

Chinese language is very interesting. I have learnt a lot about basic of chinese language in this course. Have fun and happy to learn. xie xie

By Abel M

Mar 21, 2017

Amazingly helpful course. Takes things step by step, very comprehensive, 10/10 would recommend to any beginner interested in learning Chinese!

By Catherine C

Sep 25, 2019

This was a delightful course and very helpful. I felt that all skills were reviewed and we were provided with a lot of invaluable resources.

By Nicole M

Oct 14, 2020

This has greatly helped me in refreshing my rusty basics and I like that it allowed me to have a feel of what and HSK exam actually is like.

By Shanti S

Dec 1, 2016

Great! The lecturer helps us understand the material and help me to prepare the HSK. I think now, I want to take HSK 1 as soon as possible.

By Angela C

Aug 1, 2020

It was a very good course, The teacher speak very well and it was easy to understand, I learn a lot with this course, thank you very much!

By Felipe M C M

May 7, 2020

Great Course! Very well structured, the pace is light enough to give you time to learn and organized enough to keep you motivated. Xiexie!

By Aaron H

Jul 2, 2020

Very good course with good structure. The teacher is very nice and patient. There are a lot of opportunities to learn from this course!

By Brenda D G C

Mar 3, 2017

Very nice course, is very friendly and teaches you efficiently. Totally worth it, although a few more exercises would have been great.

By Adrianna K

Dec 29, 2017

Great, useful course. Well-planned and easy to follow. I would recommend to everybody who wants to sit HSK 1 exam. Xièxiè. Zàijiàn:)

By Teodora R

Oct 13, 2017

Very easy to follow, very clearly explained, lots of different people talking which is great to practice with...Highly recommended

By Piero L

Jul 25, 2020

Es un curso apropiado con bases fundamentales y específicas para el estudio del idioma Chino como segunda lengua. Lo recomiendo!

By Jasmine O

Jan 7, 2020

This was a great introductory Chinese language course! I am excited to continue studying HSK2 through the same specialization.

By Andrew K

Jul 6, 2019

This course is structured very well and is a very good way to learn the basics of Mandarin Chinese to prepare for the HSK1 exam.

By Daniel A M

Dec 21, 2017

The course is quite good and dynamic. I liked the time I spent and it was a great review of my Chinese classes I took years ago.

By TARIQ A

May 27, 2018

Chinese Language is very hard language,but it's amazing language if you learned this language you have more jobs opportunity.

By Rana M A A

May 10, 2019

I am very happy to complete this course. It is a little bit difficult but I enjoy and learn culture of Chinese. Thanks alot.

By Monique P

Mar 23, 2020

A great course. This will greatly aid in being prepared for the actual exam. The content, pace and explanations were great.

By Christopher H

May 12, 2018

Well paced course; did not feel rushed as I was learning. Really enjoyable and a nice feeling of accomplishment every week.

By William N

Jan 28, 2018

I really enjoyed this course, it was exceptional and I learned plenty. A very enjoyable experience! Will recommend to all.

By Alejandro G B

Apr 21, 2019

Good content and well structured. The lessons are taught in a dynamic and interesting way.

Very good for HSK1 preparation.