Back to Chinese for HSK 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Chinese for HSK 1 by Peking University

Nǐ hǎo! 你好!Welcome to Chinese for HSK Level 1 - a Chinese course for beginners. My name is YU Bin. I am very happy to meet you here! HSK stands for Hànyǔ (Chinese) Shuǐpíng (level) Kǎoshì (test), which is the most important Chinese proficiency test in use today. It assesses non-native Chinese speakers’ abilities in using Chinese in their daily, academic and professional lives. Chinese for HSK Level 1 is the first part of the 6 levels and assesses test takers’ abilities in the application of everyday Chinese. It is the counterpart of Level 1 of the Chinese Language Proficiency Scales for Speakers of Other Languages and the A1 Level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. You will learn:  30 video lectures with dialogue role plays by PKU students;  More than 150 commonly used words;  Around 50 key grammar points;  New words and texts via audio;  Quizzes for each lesson and HSK test papers;  Videos for 70 basic Chinese characters (optional);  Supplementary materials about China (optional). In short, the course covers the four skills although only listening and reading are tested in HSK. At the end of the course, you will be able to understand and use simple Chinese phrases, meet basic needs for communication and possess the ability to further your Chinese language studies. Have a fantastic journey of Chinese learning. For more information about HSK please visit: http://english.hanban.org/node_7581.htm....

AG

Jan 05, 2019

finally an online course that delivers, great way to kickstart or reboot your chinese. the formula of the lesson is simple and easy to follow, a fantastic way to start, definitely moving on to HSK2

TR

May 23, 2019

Excellent course, Yu Bin explains the material very well and the content is well organised. I would have liked further explanations on the grammar and additional practice exercises beyond the quiz

151 - 175 of 203 Reviews for Chinese for HSK 1

By Luis D E

Feb 25, 2018

I liked it a lot, it was so useful to progress in my language learning, you might want to have other resources to study, otherwise it will be a bit hard.

By Emily S

Jul 02, 2018

This class was excellent: the teacher, materials covered, and pacing were very good. 我很喜欢这个课程!

By Huong V

Dec 21, 2017

Amazing start point for beginners in Chinese learning :)

By Tikhomirov V

Apr 04, 2018

太棒了!Excellent!

By Alejandro G B

Apr 21, 2019

Good content and well structured. The lessons are taught in a dynamic and interesting way.

Very good for HSK1 preparation.

By Cuong H K

Apr 01, 2019

I just say one thing. If you ever wanted to learn Chinese, and struggling about finding the right path to learn it. This series is the right path. You just need to follow the lectures. No textbooks needed, no boring lectures, the two things you need to learn this language is time and passion. Happy learning Chinese!

By Lauren F

Apr 29, 2019

My spoken and written Mandarin have improved compared to when I was learning exclusively with mobile phone app. I enjoyed the variety of listening and reading exercises in the quizzes. I feel that the study material in this course would help me to be adequately prepared to write the HSK Level 1 test.

By Rana M A A

May 10, 2019

I am very happy to complete this course. It is a little bit difficult but I enjoy and learn culture of Chinese. Thanks alot.

By Daniela M

Apr 07, 2019

I have applied to refresh my Chinese after several months without studying it. I really like the way the course is organized. Now I will continue with HSK2.

Thank you so much!

By AFFANE M A R

Apr 07, 2019

very good! thanks team!

By Tal-El R

May 23, 2019

By Tony D

May 09, 2019

The teacher is clear and every lesson has exercises and quizzes at the end. The sample dialogues are well enunciated.

By Lidiya G N

May 19, 2019

Really comprehensive course, you won't be disappointed. They really focus on all aspects of language learning. I am planning to take all the levels.

By Attila B

May 30, 2019

Great course with excellent details. Everything is explained very well.

By Asfandyar M

Jun 13, 2019

I am satisfied with this course.

By Tayren N B

Jun 10, 2019

I learned a lot during this course and it was presented in a manner that made learning easy and fun. I loved this course and would recommend it to anyone who wants to learn Mandarin.

By Alba d J K A

Jun 16, 2019

I am refreshing my Chinese and this is a great course that I wish was available a few years ago when I was starting, HSK1 and beyond I would say, it has important grammar points and many exercises very helpful to anyone new to this language.

By Vivek M

Jun 17, 2019

我喜欢学习这门课程。我现在可以读写一百多个汉字。我会说一点汉语。 老师非常好。谢谢老师和网上同们。祝你好运!

By Aiste R

Jul 02, 2019

Very difficult, great experience :) really high level, a great challangle for the future ;) thank you

By Andrew K

Jul 06, 2019

This course is structured very well and is a very good way to learn the basics of Mandarin Chinese to prepare for the HSK1 exam.

By Ralph R F

Jul 13, 2019

Simple and practical, the unique combination of non-native and native dialogues helps in understanding the language easily. Terrific for first time enthusiasts, who like me needs to have the basics in place.

By Estefan S O

Jul 16, 2019

Muy buen curso, muy completo. Realmente muy contento de haber toado el curso.

By Eric M B

Jul 19, 2019

Muy bueno. Idealmente se aprovecha mejor si se estudia el vocabulario por aparte.

By David H

Jul 21, 2019

Decent self-paced course for a challenging language. To a fair degree, you choose the level of difficulty yourself. At the base level, it teaches and tests listening skills and one can choose to pursue using the phonetic pinyin form only. You can extend it to reading the ideograms themselves or even to write them. It may be difficult to stay on their schedule if you did so since there are 150 or so characters to be mastered.

By Chaitanya K

Aug 05, 2019

Good course for Level 1 HSK. I would have liked to learn more new words.