Back to Chinese for HSK 2

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Chinese for HSK 2 by Peking University

Welcome to HSK level 2 course! This course is called “Chinese for HSK Level 2”, which is also the second step towards HSK Level 6. At the end of the 6 weeks, you will be able to express your views towards some simple and common daily life topics. In this course, we have  24 lecture videos and in class exercises  44 short videos in complement to the context of learning material  Over 150 new vocabularies, 62 new grammar points as well as relevant pictures and examples  Downloadable practice charts for over 100 basic Chinese Characters  Weekly online quiz and final simulation exam questions This course covers the entire content that stated in the HSK Level Two Outline. It does not matter if you complete HSK Level 1 or not, as long as you have obtained basic Chinese language competency, I would like to welcome you to join the journey of learning Chinese with us. I believe you will continue enjoying the happiness that Chinese brings to you....

OP

Jul 14, 2018

I am so happy that I took this course. It really helped me a lot in learning Chinese. Before this course I used many softwares for learning Chinese but non of them were so useful ! 谢谢老师!!!

MY

Mar 23, 2018

i am very thankful to coursera give me this opportunity . i have three training Chinese language experience and special thanks for teacher. love coursera.

1 - 25 of 94 Reviews for Chinese for HSK 2

By Diego G

Mar 05, 2019

I hate way of giving the material, you can not listen each new word as in the previous course. I will not try HSK3

By Katrina Z

Jul 31, 2018

The audio quality of the skits is really bad/bordering on useless! Instead of writing the words directly on the website, everything (vocab, etc) has to be downloaded as a PDF. HSK 2 is very grammar-heavy but the instructional videos lack explanations and the linguistic terms they use are confusing and not easy to understand. You have to download a PDF to see translations of the example sentences. Compared to the HSK 1 course, this course is pretty bad.

By Dan R

Aug 02, 2018

This course is not nearly as good as HSK1. The professor doesn't do much more than pointing and reading the PPT. There are very few explanations given or efforts made to explain the "what" and "why" of the new concepts shown. Additionally, there are no short progress quizzes given after each lesson to ensure learning before moving on to the next lesson. Next, the videos with the sample conversations/dialogue are poor quality. Often you cannot hear the students well since they are not talking into the microphone and they make no effort to slow down their speech or enunciate for the learners (even if just a little bit), so many times the videos of the dialogue were basically useless for me. Overall, not as well put together or as detailed as the HSK1 course. The only reason I was able to follow and pass the course was because I was doing my own independent study of the HSK2 materials.

By Daniel W

Mar 04, 2018

explain the grammar a little bit more. not only mention that they exist. for instance: redublication of verbs, when shall I use it? what's the meaning of this?

didn't learn much from listening to the videos - it is just a list of vocabulary and grammar (without explanation). It's enough to pass HSK2-test I guess, but not enough to learn the language. Maybe take an example from the HSK1/HSK3 class, where things are much better explained.

moreover it seems like in this class not much effort has been put here, when comparing the material with the one from other classes. anyway, the tests were a good practice that's why I give 2/5

By Lukáš A

Oct 15, 2017

After a very good first part of this series, this course is horrible. When I posted a complaint to the discussion forum, I got verbally attacked by a mentor. Sorry guys but this is not the way to go :)

By Najet B

Jun 11, 2018

This course did not prepare me for the HSK2 exam. It does not teach all the necessary vocabulary for the exam.

By Kaushalya N

Oct 11, 2017

Really disappointed. After setting a really high benchmark with HSK 1, HSK 2 Course is a huge let down. HSK 1 was a very well constructed course and I didn't have to resort to supplementary material at all. Here is the format of the courses: Videos are played - The dialogues are read by the instructor in chinese - The new chinese words are read out - The examples are read in chinese - The new words / key words are reviewed - The grammar example statements are read out in chinese - Dialogue videos played again. There are no explanations whatsoever. This feels more like a powerpoint presentation and less of teaching. The course may not be helpful to those who are serious about taking HSK 2 Examination.

By Manuel

Jun 05, 2017

horrible

tried couple lessons: no explanations, zero enthusiasm, no study material.

you can find a lot better for lower price

By marissa

Aug 13, 2019

I am really disappointed with this course. The teacher could explain something instead of only reading what is wrote on the screen. HSK1 was completely different and amazing. Don't know why they changed.

By Yulia K

Jan 29, 2019

Great learning. Clear description and good syllabus

By Titus T

Feb 02, 2019

Another useful course that has helped me improve my skills listening and interesting enough, now I am beginning to think in Chinese

By LEO K

Feb 16, 2019

Excellent course with practical dialogue content, thanks!

By Nabi A

Mar 10, 2019

Best course I ever took!

By Muhammad Z B

Mar 10, 2019

Well-organised course.

By Timothy L

Feb 20, 2019

Well taught course. Xie Xie!

By Song S U

Feb 19, 2019

Very good program i've ever seen

By Oksana P

Jul 14, 2018

By Seán R M A

Jul 15, 2018

Overall, it was very good. I learned a lot, but it was tough, and required a lot of study. I think some of the grammar items could have been explained in better detail in ordinary English. But the review materials are very useful.

By Natalija S

Apr 07, 2017

Excellent course. Very well rounded and useful in everyday situations.

By Al-Fakih A A A

Jan 08, 2017

I am very glad to gain hsk2 , i hope to progress up and up

By abderrafik b

Mar 27, 2018

the teachel was great, the context well organize

By Laura B

By Muhammad A Y

Mar 23, 2018

By Fidel P G

Mar 06, 2017

Increíble curso. ¡Parece increíble que con seis semanas y mucho trabajo se pueda conseguir un A2 de Chino! Mil gracias a la Universidad de Beijing por brindarnos un curso como este.