Back to An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 2)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 2) by Rice University

This two-part course is designed to help students with very little or no computing background learn the basics of building simple interactive applications. Our language of choice, Python, is an easy-to learn, high-level computer language that is used in many of the computational courses offered on Coursera. To make learning Python easy, we have developed a new browser-based programming environment that makes developing interactive applications in Python simple. These applications will involve windows whose contents are graphical and respond to buttons, the keyboard and the mouse. In part 2 of this course, we will introduce more elements of programming (such as list, dictionaries, and loops) and then use these elements to create games such as Blackjack. Part 1 of this class will culminate in building a version of the classic arcade game "Asteroids". Upon completing this course, you will be able to write small, but interesting Python programs. The next course in the specialization will begin to introduce a more principled approach to writing programs and solving computational problems that will allow you to write larger and more complex programs....

IS

Jun 23, 2016

This course is the best course I have ever taken. It covers all the topics very well. And importantly I love the treat at the end of every week. The ultimate showdown between the two best instructors.

NA

Jun 18, 2016

lectures were pretty clear, and the game projects were a very smart way to keep learning fun and challenging. Code clinics were very useful and gave me the push I needed to do everything on myown.

1 - 25 of 220 Reviews for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 2)

By James T B

Jun 19, 2019

Great learning experience! Everything was very organized, and I felt like I gained a lot of applicable Python skills and understanding by the end.

By Robert P

Jun 18, 2019

This was a very exciting class! I wish there was a Python 3 to teach how to take the code from Codeskulptor to the regular Python Interpreter environment.

By AMRIT S

Jun 15, 2019

overall good

By Scott S

May 26, 2019

Great way to improve Python skills. The course teaches object-oriented programming. Instructors are excellent.

By 唐豪

very good class!

By Song S

May 26, 2019

I like this series of courses as it takes advantage of various mini-projects to help students completely understand concepts. Those mini-projects are not easy, but if you take previous courses, you can finish it after thinking carefully. I have acquired a lot in those courses, thanks everyone who make efforts to perfect those courses.

By Daniel K

May 22, 2019

I thought this class was a great learning experience. I would definitely recommend it. The material was presented in an easily-understood manner by the instructors; CodeSkulptor is a great tool for learning Python; and, if you stick with you, you are going to learn a lot.

By 陈妍妤

May 18, 2019

I LOVE this class. Really. It helps me so much, it makes me falling in love with python also.

I never know coding for interactive games before, when thinking for the logic, it maybe a little difficult, but it's challanging!

Thanks for Joe and Scott for this super class!

By SuperAlloy

May 17, 2019

A great introduction course of python programming for beginners. Both the optional practices and the quiz are well designed to help me review what I've learned. I learned a lot and enjoy a lot in the mini-project in each week, though I got stuck many times in debugging the code. And the instructors are humorous, which makes the class more enjoyable.

By Frederik N

May 13, 2019

Fantastic class, thank you for making it so entertaining!

By Bhupendra S G

Apr 06, 2019

Professors are very amazing and spirited. I felt never bored, and I recommend to everyone who is starting in Python. This is very fun to learn by creating games or apps instead of only QnA base learning.

By Sambhav J

Apr 04, 2019

Great Course

By Thomas P

Apr 03, 2019

A wonderfully amusing and educational experience.

By caterina w

Apr 02, 2019

These guys are Fantastic - I learnt a huge amount from this module, and I'm really grateful for the 'audit access'. The assignments were lots of fun, and the presenters had great charisma on screen - even Mr Wong :) Thank you

By Filip Z

Apr 02, 2019

Great course. New concepts are introduced in a undestandable manner. The miniprojects and quizzes are fun and interesting. They can all be solved by paying attention to the class videos and materials, however, they still leave some room for students to figure out stuff on their own. The teachers are great and have a very friendly, fun approach. You can see they put a lot of thought into how to explain complex topics like object oriented programming so that students do not only learn the syntax, but really understand the idea behind those concepts. Some basic highschool math is needed but the teachers explain all of it.

By Gouranga B

Mar 23, 2019

good

By Kate W

Mar 20, 2019

The instructors and mentors are great. I never thought I'd be able to do this stuff, but they make it very understandable and, dare I say it, fun. Thank you to the Rice U. faculty and staff for creating a great MOOC.

By Chris G

Mar 10, 2019

Fantastic course, pleasantly surprised at top quality lessons and you can really see that the instructors love to teach the course also. Would recommend to anyone interested in learning coding.

By Daniel W

Mar 06, 2019

Learned a lot and had fun. Great class!

By Kelly Q

Feb 20, 2019

It's quite interesting and completing every mini project will give me great sense of achivements. But I think it can be more challenging if the templates were less detailed.

By Mathieu D

Feb 19, 2019

Had a lot of fun with the final project. The instructors were engaging and did a great job at keeping the lessons accessible to everyone. If you have experience programming in general the course doesn't take too long to complete.

By Jeffery M

Feb 19, 2019

great course

By Max B

Feb 17, 2019

Great follow-up to part 1, you don't want to miss the fun projects in part 2. I haven't had much experience from building games and using GUIs, and really learned a lot from this course. Also, CodeSkulptor is great together with the fun and easy-going lectures. Highly recommended!

By tg2209@us.att.com

Feb 12, 2019

Very well designed course which teaches the concepts in a fun manner.

By Omais R K

Feb 10, 2019

Great course for an introduction to programming and Python. With projects to work on every week, you learn the material well.