Back to Introduction to Computer Programming

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Computer Programming by University of London

4.1

This MOOC provides you with the foundational skill set required to write computer programs. If you are interested in learning how to write interactive, graphical programs from an introductory level in a real programming language, this is the course for you. You will begin by learning the basics of editing and running programs. Then you will learn how to create 2D graphics using shapes and coordinates. Finally, you will learn how to create interactive graphics that you can control with the mouse. You will even solve a set of interactive puzzles using your coding skills in the Sleuth game which has been created especially for this course. The course uses the Javascript language and the p5.js library....

AG
Jul 19, 2021

It's worth the hard work. I'm insatiable for learning and need more impossible looking projects or games that Coursera designed to help the student really get into the world of computer programming.

GT
Jun 8, 2019

The course is built up well, the steps are easy to follow. Even when there is some research required, the intentional gaps are highly manageable. The gamified deliverables were really fun to do! :-)

201 - 214 of 214 Reviews for Introduction to Computer Programming

By Jacob M H

Feb 6, 2020

The course was taught well, however the weeks were scheduled incorrectly. Week 1 should have been week 3.

By dee c

Dec 17, 2021

T​he course would be enjoyed more by those really interested in Graphics Designing.

By Gariman S

Aug 9, 2020

I feel the course wasn't well organised and not much interactive.

By JIGNESH P

Sep 1, 2020

In this course need a improvement much needed improvement.

By shrunalthebloggingartist h

May 21, 2021

misleading assignment date

Apr 18, 2021

Good Knowledge and Quizes

By Shagufta M

Nov 11, 2020

I was actually expecting this to be more basic level. I am experienced but yet for a beginner level I found this course a bit confusing. Also there are a few things that can provide a better experience if improved. First, the assignment was placed in week 1 with limited knowledge relevant to attempt the assignment. It could have been placed at the last week and with enough knowledge to attempt the questions. Second, it was way too repetitive, I feel the idea here is to engage newbies with clear concepts rather than getting them to do repetitive tasks without a clear understanding. Third, I received the certificate soon after completing week 1 assignment. If for this course completion the requirement was to only attempt the assignment with 80%+ marks, I'd prefer to have it at the end of the course after I have gone through all videos otherwise I will loose interest to keep going through learning material after achieving the certificate.

By Robert M D

Apr 28, 2020

I had initial problems using the text editor, brackets. I eventually figured it out however it took me hours. there were many similiar comments to mine complaining about the same issues. the introductory portion to this class needs to have a better tutorial on downloading and using brakets and all other software that may be needed. when there are many similiar complaints about a topic and they are not addressed and adapted into the lesson it makes for a terrible lesson and class. I would gladly up my star review if they make changes to the tutorial of how to use brackets.

By Fatih G

Nov 6, 2019

everything was ok so far but sleuth was real disaster and very very difficult to get 80% especially for beginners without any video help. I spent hours to get 80%. Yes I learned so manythings but I dont think this should be the way of learning online.

By Loren D

Oct 2, 2019

sleuth assignments were frustrating. bit more theory could have been provided, examples on creating events, initializing objects etc.

By Medina b

Apr 28, 2020

I couldn't find the examples they were referencing and could not get any support

By Adam K

Aug 26, 2019

I've had better.

By Austin M

Jan 17, 2022

I​'d leave 0 if I could. I wish I could get my money back from this poor program. Lectures are super simple yet the assignments were 10x harder. Also they did not explain very well that the 1st weeks assignment would need to be down throughout the course not just that first week. For the difficult assignment it would be ok if the teacher actually reviewed forum posts by the students but they do not. Every post I saw people were just as confused as me and I never once saw the teachers responding to clear up the confusion. I also want to note that the programming assignment had some errors and issues that made it impossible to complete. Please please PLEASE take this course off. I am so diasppointed in this course. Please do not waste your money as I have.