Back to Introduction to Computer Programming

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Computer Programming by University of London

4.1

This MOOC provides you with the foundational skill set required to write computer programs. If you are interested in learning how to write interactive, graphical programs from an introductory level in a real programming language, this is the course for you. You will begin by learning the basics of editing and running programs. Then you will learn how to create 2D graphics using shapes and coordinates. Finally, you will learn how to create interactive graphics that you can control with the mouse. You will even solve a set of interactive puzzles using your coding skills in the Sleuth game which has been created especially for this course. The course uses the Javascript language and the p5.js library....

AG
Jul 19, 2021

It's worth the hard work. I'm insatiable for learning and need more impossible looking projects or games that Coursera designed to help the student really get into the world of computer programming.

GT
Jun 8, 2019

The course is built up well, the steps are easy to follow. Even when there is some research required, the intentional gaps are highly manageable. The gamified deliverables were really fun to do! :-)

76 - 100 of 215 Reviews for Introduction to Computer Programming

By Awe D O

May 3, 2020

This is a very interesting and demanding course, just the right platform for all beginners like me who want to take computer programming as a career. There are lot of class works and assignment that makes sure you are learning every-time. Such wonderful instructors too, very expressive and elaborate.

By Bui L C B

Jan 23, 2020

I already have basic knowledge about programming but I have to say this course gives you an interactive and fun way to learn to program than ever before. A big thanks to Dr. Simon Katan and Dr. Edward for giving me the strength I needed to take the next steps toward my dream of programming.

By Avery K S

Jul 18, 2020

I had no experience in programming but am planning to pursue a Master's in Computer Science. This program was an amazing introduction into the basics and presented small challenges throughout. Anybody who is curious but doesn't know where to start should start with this course.

By Louie A S

May 27, 2021

Thank you for this course! With this course it introduces someone who doesn't have any knowledge about programming to learn the flow of how coding works which I think is the most important part in learning different programming languages.

By Mazen B

Nov 20, 2018

it was a massive challenge for me as first time coding the sleuth game was full of fun and really stressful game, i hope that you give more time and a few more tips for the game it was not easy to complete this course, thank you so much

By Juan A R

Jun 27, 2020

This has been a great course, though not much it is explained in it and there is a lot of self learning through other means that is required I think it helped me a lot to discover that I am capable of facing this coding challenges.

By Rampart D S D K

Excellent course with great activities. Assignments are made in a attractive way. This course made me love cording. Thank you very much for your effort. Learnt so many things and hope to follow more of your courses.

By IBICO A R J

Jul 3, 2020

Good course to learn how to deal with single variables and objects. It also was a good opportunity to do programming with p5js javascript library which I consider such a nice way to draw over html pages or images.

By Ranwa A

Jan 24, 2021

It's a great course for beginners (like me ) who didn't know anything about programming I had so much fun with the projects, assignments and quizzes. I honestly loved so much, a very fantastic experience I say.

By Miguel A T

Jun 21, 2020

Very good and straightforward course. I really learned a lot. ( I really wanted to get 100% but it seems that the main assessment has a minor error which for sure will be fix. Hopefully it will ). Thank you.

By Chipo M

Oct 29, 2020

This is a wonderful course, it had my eyes on the screen and hands on the keyboard, excited and curious to go to the next step. The Sleuth detective challenge is amazing, it helps one to learn as they code.

By Rodrigo T C F R

Sep 27, 2019

Excelente curso para começar a programar, os professores desenvolveram um método muito criativo e adequado. As noções básicas sobre programação são bem ensinadas.

By Diana M D S

I liked so much. So dynamic. I didn't knew anything about p5.js and well, I am not an expert but I really enjoyed it. I will keep learn all of this, for sure.

By Ting X

Nov 16, 2020

good foer beginner who wants to learn java script. But it should be clear that the assignment can be finished during taking the course, not only in week1

By Daniel A S R

Jul 13, 2020

Muy buen curso.

Aprendes las bases necesarias para dibujar en un canvas. Lo demás se puede investigar directamente de la página de referencias de p5.js

By myungminkim

Dec 23, 2019

Well this is great for a beginner, who just started programming.

If any one who knows how to program in any language, jump to the next right away.

By Kalkidan H

Jun 23, 2020

Very well organized and so simply thaught. I had no clue about programing before this course and I have learned quite a lot. Thank!

By Jason S

Aug 3, 2020

Great course. Worth the time and money if you, like me, had no had no background in programming and need to start from scratch.

By Augustine M

Aug 17, 2021

I liked everything about the course, it's a fun way to learn. I feel confident and satisfied with whatever that I learned. :)

By Rodolfo D L G

Mar 22, 2021

Es un curso maravilloso, y estupendo en el cual se aprenden muchas habilidades, aunque básicas, de la programación.

By Robson T

Jun 7, 2020

This course was incredibly challenging. I loved it. It's a great introduction to what we will do as programmers.

By Артем Б

Jan 5, 2021

Все супер. Но есть один момент. Не очень понятно, что Sleuth можно проходить после прохождения 2 и 3 недели.

By Gilberto D M J

Jan 15, 2020

It is a great course for those who are beginning to learn how to program. The assignments are quite fun :)

By Kevin G

Jan 20, 2020

It is a really good introduction to programming. The library P5 is amazing. I enjoyed this course a lot.

By Collin K

Jun 21, 2020

I think the SLEUTH should not be compulsory for all the cases. Its is abit hard to complete everything