Back to Cybersecurity and the Internet of Things

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Cybersecurity and the Internet of Things by University System of Georgia

Welcome! You may have heard about the Internet of Things (IoT). But you may also have wondered about what it is. Or for that matter, what does it mean to you or an organization. This course is for you if you are curious about the most recent trends and activities in the internet capabilities and concerns about programmed devices. There are complexities and areas of necessary awareness when the industrial sector becomes connected to your home. Security policies and practices have not yet caught up to the internet capabilities of some of our most common products. The “connected home”, “consumer wearables”, or even an employee’s HVAC system may cause an unanticipated threat to your business environment. You will explore current security and privacy related concerns in each of these areas. Every module will include readings, videos, case studies, and a quiz to help make sure you understand the material and concepts we talk about. This course offers a place to learn, reflect, and plan for a smart community approach to IoT. Portions of this course may seem extremely technical in nature. That is because the “things” in IoT represents engineering. Try to grasp the concept in that case....

PK

Jan 23, 2017

This module gave me basic understanding on the IoT concepts and the relative security issues associated. It gave me confidence in the field and steps to learning more about this topic.

KR

May 06, 2020

The course provided me with lot of new information about where IoT devices are going to bring changes in our daily to life and how it is important to secure these valuable datas.

1 - 25 of 440 Reviews for Cybersecurity and the Internet of Things

By Shoham R

Aug 13, 2018

I find it very strange that adding together a few PDF's classifies as a course.

There are no interesting assignments, the amount of video content is low and you're left with almost only reading assignments.

This course is very general and should be taken only if you know absolutely nothing about IoT and you don't want any video lectures.

By Thomas H

Oct 16, 2016

Very nice course. Usefull lessons for my daily business. I have learned plenty of new things about IoT and of course all possible risks. Many thanks.

By Madhu T

Apr 09, 2017

A Very Good Course with rich contents and materials. Strongly recommend to anyone getting started with IOT and Cybersecurity.

By Shynar M

Oct 26, 2019

Thank you very much for such an interesting course. Everything was interesting and informative.

By course_junkie

Nov 29, 2016

Great course to give the principal of the cybersecurity and IoT

By Carlos H C R

Oct 20, 2016

Exclent course, I recomend it to everyone!

By Amitesh S

Oct 26, 2019

really informative course

By Sui G

May 15, 2018

This course presents a comprehensive introduction to IoT in general, covering the various enabling and limiting technologies. While issues surrounding privacy and security are discussed, it was at an introductory level.

It has provided me with an excellent foundation in IoT technologies and applications which I can now build on.

By SHAFIN K B S

May 08, 2020

This piece of course is really helped me what are the merits and demerits of using IoT in our day to day life. It helped me gain a lot of knowledge about different types of sensors. As an instrumentation it will definitely useful for me in my upcoming academic years and also for my project works too.

-Thanks

By Patrick B K

Jan 23, 2017

By Meghana E

Jun 30, 2020

It is very useful online course where u can learn about internet of things and wearable technologies and how they are connected with cyber security protocols in real life.

By Dr. A S

May 03, 2020

The course has been beautifully designed to highlight the use, challenges and future of IoT and sensor devices in the coming future. I strungly recommend the course

By Israr A

Jun 22, 2018

such an amazing and informative course.

By Patricio L M

Sep 02, 2019

Perfect lesson

By Tamas F

Jul 29, 2017

Thoroughly enjoyed this course, I found the content and the range of different assignments very appealing. I also liked the weekly deadlines, without those it's unlikely I'd have got through the course so quickly. Thanks for everyone who have been involved in designing this course!

By kumar R

May 06, 2020

By Andrei N F

Feb 15, 2019

This course is very interesting and you could learn a lot of new things and I think that it is very helpfull.

By Ramon C

Jan 15, 2017

Thanks for all the team of this course. Good job

By Urvashi j

Aug 03, 2017

Excellent

By EL-HAKOUNI M

Jan 16, 2018

good

By Vicente S

Aug 30, 2016

Good course. Not many videos to watch, but a lot of papers to read. I think though the selection of them is very good and make you understand the concepts and the challenges of IoT. If you don't mind to read a lot, it is a very good course.

By Joel A G

Mar 29, 2017

muy buen curso para tener conocimiento de las empresas que ya están involucradas en este tema y conocer hacia donde vamos con esta tecnología.

By Kumaran L

Aug 26, 2016

Very informative and the information presented is much stuctured.