Back to Cybersecurity and the Internet of Things

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Cybersecurity and the Internet of Things by University System of Georgia

Welcome! You may have heard about the Internet of Things (IoT). But you may also have wondered about what it is. Or for that matter, what does it mean to you or an organization. This course is for you if you are curious about the most recent trends and activities in the internet capabilities and concerns about programmed devices. There are complexities and areas of necessary awareness when the industrial sector becomes connected to your home. Security policies and practices have not yet caught up to the internet capabilities of some of our most common products. The “connected home”, “consumer wearables”, or even an employee’s HVAC system may cause an unanticipated threat to your business environment. You will explore current security and privacy related concerns in each of these areas. Every module will include readings, videos, case studies, and a quiz to help make sure you understand the material and concepts we talk about. This course offers a place to learn, reflect, and plan for a smart community approach to IoT. Portions of this course may seem extremely technical in nature. That is because the “things” in IoT represents engineering. Try to grasp the concept in that case....

PK

Jan 23, 2017

This module gave me basic understanding on the IoT concepts and the relative security issues associated. It gave me confidence in the field and steps to learning more about this topic.

WV

Sep 03, 2016

It is always a good to experience the excellence of the delivery in this course. Great materials with real life experts experience and analysis. Thumbs up.

1 - 25 of 85 Reviews for Cybersecurity and the Internet of Things

By Shoham R

Aug 13, 2018

I find it very strange that adding together a few PDF's classifies as a course.

There are no interesting assignments, the amount of video content is low and you're left with almost only reading assignments.

This course is very general and should be taken only if you know absolutely nothing about IoT and you don't want any video lectures.

By Thomas H

Oct 16, 2016

Very nice course. Usefull lessons for my daily business. I have learned plenty of new things about IoT and of course all possible risks. Many thanks.

By Sui G

May 15, 2018

This course presents a comprehensive introduction to IoT in general, covering the various enabling and limiting technologies. While issues surrounding privacy and security are discussed, it was at an introductory level.

It has provided me with an excellent foundation in IoT technologies and applications which I can now build on.

By Patrick B K

Jan 23, 2017

By Madhu T

Apr 09, 2017

A Very Good Course with rich contents and materials. Strongly recommend to anyone getting started with IOT and Cybersecurity.

By Andrei N F

Feb 15, 2019

This course is very interesting and you could learn a lot of new things and I think that it is very helpfull.

By Shynar M

Oct 26, 2019

Thank you very much for such an interesting course. Everything was interesting and informative.

By course_junkie

Nov 29, 2016

Great course to give the principal of the cybersecurity and IoT

By Ramon C

Jan 15, 2017

Thanks for all the team of this course. Good job

By Carlos H C R

Oct 20, 2016

Exclent course, I recomend it to everyone!

By Israr A

Jun 22, 2018

such an amazing and informative course.

By Amitesh S

Aug 03, 2017

Excellent

By EL-HAKOUNI M

Jan 16, 2018

good

By Vicente S

Aug 30, 2016

Good course. Not many videos to watch, but a lot of papers to read. I think though the selection of them is very good and make you understand the concepts and the challenges of IoT. If you don't mind to read a lot, it is a very good course.

By Joel A G

Mar 29, 2017

muy buen curso para tener conocimiento de las empresas que ya están involucradas en este tema y conocer hacia donde vamos con esta tecnología.

By Kumaran L

Aug 26, 2016

Very informative and the information presented is much stuctured.

By yilun y

Feb 09, 2017

A very clear break down on the state of arts on IoTs. I wanted to polish my knowledge on IoT. this course gave me a very clear idea and brought my attention on how lacking security is in the current state of affairs. At least the magnitude is astonishing.

I especially enjoyed the read on "regulating IoT" law paper. I know we are to cover only a few pages, but the rest of the paper is just as interesting. =)

thank you!

By Tamas F

Jul 29, 2017

Thoroughly enjoyed this course, I found the content and the range of different assignments very appealing. I also liked the weekly deadlines, without those it's unlikely I'd have got through the course so quickly. Thanks for everyone who have been involved in designing this course!

By Mike R

Dec 03, 2019

This course actually works unlike Cybersecurity and the X-Factor which doesn't allow any of free audit level users to submit any of the written assignments. Additionally I passed the first quiz the first time just like this course but screw the University System of Georgia.

By Syam S S

Nov 10, 2016

Excellent Course to have completed.Lot's of Learning,understanding of IOT,Futuristic models of technology being discussed.Different industries examples discussed has made the course interesting.

Worth taking !!