Back to Cybersecurity and the Internet of Things

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Cybersecurity and the Internet of Things by University System of Georgia

4.4

Welcome! You may have heard about the Internet of Things (IoT). But you may also have wondered about what it is. Or for that matter, what does it mean to you or an organization. This course is for you if you are curious about the most recent trends and activities in the internet capabilities and concerns about programmed devices. There are complexities and areas of necessary awareness when the industrial sector becomes connected to your home. Security policies and practices have not yet caught up to the internet capabilities of some of our most common products. The “connected home”, “consumer wearables”, or even an employee’s HVAC system may cause an unanticipated threat to your business environment. You will explore current security and privacy related concerns in each of these areas. Every module will include readings, videos, case studies, and a quiz to help make sure you understand the material and concepts we talk about. This course offers a place to learn, reflect, and plan for a smart community approach to IoT. Portions of this course may seem extremely technical in nature. That is because the “things” in IoT represents engineering. Try to grasp the concept in that case....

PK

Jan 23, 2017

This module gave me basic understanding on the IoT concepts and the relative security issues associated. It gave me confidence in the field and steps to learning more about this topic.

WV

Sep 03, 2016

It is always a good to experience the excellence of the delivery in this course. Great materials with real life experts experience and analysis. Thumbs up.

26 - 50 of 67 Reviews for Cybersecurity and the Internet of Things

By Thomas H

Oct 16, 2016

Very nice course. Usefull lessons for my daily business. I have learned plenty of new things about IoT and of course all possible risks. Many thanks.

By Urvashi j

Aug 03, 2017

Excellent

By Israr A

Jun 22, 2018

such an amazing and informative course.

By Erik I

Aug 02, 2016

Widened the views on IOT industry, but it wasn't too challenging. Good starter course for IOT field.

By Maxim S

Aug 12, 2016

I like it!

By Syam S S

Nov 10, 2016

Excellent Course to have completed.Lot's of Learning,understanding of IOT,Futuristic models of technology being discussed.Different industries examples discussed has made the course interesting.

Worth taking !!

By Ramon C

Jan 15, 2017

Thanks for all the team of this course. Good job

By yilun y

Feb 09, 2017

A very clear break down on the state of arts on IoTs. I wanted to polish my knowledge on IoT. this course gave me a very clear idea and brought my attention on how lacking security is in the current state of affairs. At least the magnitude is astonishing.

I especially enjoyed the read on "regulating IoT" law paper. I know we are to cover only a few pages, but the rest of the paper is just as interesting. =)

thank you!

By Sui G

May 15, 2018

This course presents a comprehensive introduction to IoT in general, covering the various enabling and limiting technologies. While issues surrounding privacy and security are discussed, it was at an introductory level.

It has provided me with an excellent foundation in IoT technologies and applications which I can now build on.

By Syed R T

Jul 13, 2017

Strategically Designed...

By Carlos R

Nov 01, 2016

Awesome!

By Joshua J

Nov 03, 2016

Robust curriculum covering IoT vulnerabilities and tools for testing devices for weaknesses.

By Carlos H C R

Oct 20, 2016

Exclent course, I recomend it to everyone!

By Clifford T

Aug 10, 2016

very interesting and informative.

By Syed G H

Jul 18, 2017

Awesome course and got awesome learning experience from experienced people in this field

By Kepa A

Jun 05, 2017

Interesting course that provides an overview about IoT, with interesting point of views and articles.

By Rukhsar

Jul 10, 2019

realy nice..

By Kumaran L

Aug 26, 2016

Very informative and the information presented is much stuctured.

By Vicente S

Aug 30, 2016

Good course. Not many videos to watch, but a lot of papers to read. I think though the selection of them is very good and make you understand the concepts and the challenges of IoT. If you don't mind to read a lot, it is a very good course.

By Joel A G

Mar 29, 2017

muy buen curso para tener conocimiento de las empresas que ya están involucradas en este tema y conocer hacia donde vamos con esta tecnología.

By Klas F

Dec 01, 2017

Interesting course, a lot of supplementary readings which was mostly very up to date. Maybe a bit shallow interviews...

By Roman S

Aug 03, 2016

I really enjoyed this course and enjoy this subject in general. My only complaint is the audio quality for the videos are worse than any other class I've taken. The intro/out is very loud then the speakers are barely audible which became frustrating. That aside, it is a great course.

By Ishank J

Jan 17, 2018

Course offers various information rich research papers for us to read and gives insight into various challenges and vulnerabilities faced while implementing IoT in industry.

By andrew h

Sep 08, 2016

Meat we need more meat. Where is the beef?

Recommendation: One question what should a medium to small business do after a IoT hack? Walk this through as an exercise. This question can be part of a whole program exercise.

By Sitaram K

Apr 18, 2017

The course is well organized with enough reading materials.