Back to Introduction to Logic

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Logic by Stanford University

This course is an introduction to Logic from a computational perspective. It shows how to encode information in the form of logical sentences; it shows how to reason with information in this form; and it provides an overview of logic technology and its applications - in mathematics, science, engineering, business, law, and so forth....

JS

Aug 21, 2018

This course was so helpful. I think I now understand the fundamentals of mathematical logic. I truly recommend this course to anyone who is interested in studying logic!

SC

May 01, 2018

Pros:\n\n1.good contents\n\n2.good exercises and interesting puzzles\n\n3.good examples\n\nCons:\n\n1.No video\n\n2. need more examples

1 - 25 of 103 Reviews for Introduction to Logic

By Andrey K

Oct 04, 2018

since the Section 2.5 - Satisfaction and on it doesn`t score any passed lessons or assignements, there is always an error "Unfortunately due to an error, your score was not recorded."

By James R E

Mar 20, 2018

After I signed up and started the class, I was disappointed to see that there are only 2 video lectures for the entire program. After starting and going through the first week, I realized that I could just as well have checked a book out from the local library and gotten the same information. I was hoping for an instructor led course. I will look elsewhere - You Tube or EdX may have a more engaging course.

By Ovidio M

Aug 18, 2017

This is an awesome course about logic that I totally recommend because it explains very fundamental concepts.

I suggest to integrate the contents into the Coursera platform, although the external tool is easy to use also.

I would be great if you published a continuation course which may include, for instance, the covered topics in more detail, FOL in depth, second and higher order logic, logic programming.

Thank you very much for offering us this course!

By Luis H C P

Jan 14, 2018

O curso de Introduction to Logic oferecido pela Stanford University é excelente! De fato ele não é um curso introdutório, vai muito além com uma abordagem completa sobre o assunto. Os exercícios são muito bons e ajudam a desenvolver habilidades analíticas. Com certeza é um curso que irei recomendar.

By abednego

Nov 23, 2016

perfect

By Joseph A D

Dec 30, 2016

The course surprised me. Initially, it seemed to be a review of very basic concepts from boolean algebra and propositional logic. But even with a strong background in math and CS I was challenged, and I learned new (and for me, applied) ideas about the underlying aspects of automated theorem provers and satisfiability provers.

By joao d

Feb 23, 2019

While I did learn a great deal with this course, I feel like it's not well made. No videos is clearly a minus, but that's just a nitpick. The biggest problem are the graded exercises. Some of the fitch exercises are ridiculously complicated until you reach the last sessions, where you can literally just write the goal you want without even reading the exercise.

By patrick b

Oct 20, 2016

probably a very interesting course, but the way of teaching looks very indigestible... no video and no real explanation or examples.

By Dillon C

Nov 01, 2016

Week 4 does not give enough explanation or extra resources and makes it unable to complete the exercises.

By Rado

Jan 28, 2019

Excellent introduction to logic. The exercises really help with the understanding.

By Jaewoo S

Oct 16, 2017

Super recomendo o curso!

By Aarush A

Feb 25, 2018

requires a lot of patience but overall very interesting and fun. The forums are very useful as are the mentors

By Paweł P

May 25, 2018

Very very good course

By Everton d c s

Apr 07, 2017

ótimo curso

By Adrian G

Oct 10, 2016

Fantastic and pleasant course!!!

By 李宁

Jun 09, 2018

Good structure. Helped a lot with my university unit. It would be great if we can get sample solutions for our exercises.

By Han.Song

Mar 30, 2017

Most brilliant course I have taken so far!

By Sixiang C

May 01, 2018

Pros:

1.good contents

2.good exercises and interesting puzzles

3.good examples

Cons:

1.No video

2. need more examples

By Ahmer J K

Jun 04, 2017

Excellent course, really challenging and fun!

By NAVKETAN V

Mar 09, 2018

Video Lectures will be appriciated.

By Giovanna R

Nov 20, 2017

So, did I enjoy this Logic class or not? True.

By Hana S

Jul 13, 2017

An extremely engaging and complex course. While the starting weeks and the supplementary materials are excellent, I found the course somewhat lacking in appropriate introductions to the Fitch system, which can be quite daunting for less experienced students.

The main workbook makes for helpful reading material for college students, regardless of their course's individual approach to Logic.

By John B

Mar 04, 2017

Wonderful challenging course . Sorry it ended . Will miss the exercises .