Back to Introduction to Logic

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Logic by Stanford University

This course is an introduction to Logic from a computational perspective. It shows how to encode information in the form of logical sentences; it shows how to reason with information in this form; and it provides an overview of logic technology and its applications - in mathematics, science, engineering, business, law, and so forth....

JS

Aug 21, 2018

This course was so helpful. I think I now understand the fundamentals of mathematical logic. I truly recommend this course to anyone who is interested in studying logic!

SM

Jan 19, 2018

excellent teaching, detailed analysis, interesting theories, mind blowing facts, all in all it was my best experience online

1 - 25 of 104 Reviews for Introduction to Logic

By Andrey K

Oct 04, 2018

since the Section 2.5 - Satisfaction and on it doesn`t score any passed lessons or assignements, there is always an error "Unfortunately due to an error, your score was not recorded."

By James R E

Mar 20, 2018

After I signed up and started the class, I was disappointed to see that there are only 2 video lectures for the entire program. After starting and going through the first week, I realized that I could just as well have checked a book out from the local library and gotten the same information. I was hoping for an instructor led course. I will look elsewhere - You Tube or EdX may have a more engaging course.

By Ovidio M

Aug 18, 2017

This is an awesome course about logic that I totally recommend because it explains very fundamental concepts.

I suggest to integrate the contents into the Coursera platform, although the external tool is easy to use also.

I would be great if you published a continuation course which may include, for instance, the covered topics in more detail, FOL in depth, second and higher order logic, logic programming.

Thank you very much for offering us this course!

By Diego A A

Apr 24, 2019

The name don't lie: this is a introduction. There're some funny examples and I recomend for those who that are beginners in Logic.

By Joseph A D

Dec 30, 2016

The course surprised me. Initially, it seemed to be a review of very basic concepts from boolean algebra and propositional logic. But even with a strong background in math and CS I was challenged, and I learned new (and for me, applied) ideas about the underlying aspects of automated theorem provers and satisfiability provers.

By Luis H C P

Jan 14, 2018

O curso de Introduction to Logic oferecido pela Stanford University é excelente! De fato ele não é um curso introdutório, vai muito além com uma abordagem completa sobre o assunto. Os exercícios são muito bons e ajudam a desenvolver habilidades analíticas. Com certeza é um curso que irei recomendar.

By Jaewoo S

Aug 21, 2018

By SANDEEP N

Jun 14, 2018

you will learn how to think like a mathematician

By joao d

Feb 23, 2019

While I did learn a great deal with this course, I feel like it's not well made. No videos is clearly a minus, but that's just a nitpick. The biggest problem are the graded exercises. Some of the fitch exercises are ridiculously complicated until you reach the last sessions, where you can literally just write the goal you want without even reading the exercise.

By patrick b

Oct 20, 2016

probably a very interesting course, but the way of teaching looks very indigestible... no video and no real explanation or examples.

By Dillon C

Nov 01, 2016

Week 4 does not give enough explanation or extra resources and makes it unable to complete the exercises.

By Scott M

May 15, 2017

Very good course. I had no previous knowledge of the topic before this course and after the first couple of weeks it gets difficult quickly, but perseverance helps. Some of the week's assignments I had to go back to at a later date. The in-course forums are invaluable and have a couple of you-tube links to some useful videos. It is surprising how much you learn and can apply to numerous other topics after completing this course. Overall it might infuriate you at some points but it is worth the occasional headache.

By Hana S

Jul 13, 2017

An extremely engaging and complex course. While the starting weeks and the supplementary materials are excellent, I found the course somewhat lacking in appropriate introductions to the Fitch system, which can be quite daunting for less experienced students.

The main workbook makes for helpful reading material for college students, regardless of their course's individual approach to Logic.

By Robert S

Jul 10, 2018

Good review for those who have studied quantified logic at any level. The Fitch system is fun and easy to use - especially where it automatically cites the inference rules for you. Having done many informal inductive proofs, I found the extension of first-order logic to include induction particularly interesting - if intensely tedious in application.

By Siddharth S

May 27, 2017

Wonderful course, very clear explanations, and the exercises (especially the proof editors) are just golden. Would definitely recommend this course to any one interested in Logic or related subjects, or just as a passing interest.

By Mario A P O

Sep 10, 2017

I think the course makes a great job introducing you to a different mindset, the one that can help you through any kind of inference and mathematical thinking. It makes your brain work.

By sachin m

Jan 19, 2018

By 李宁

Jun 09, 2018

Good structure. Helped a lot with my university unit. It would be great if we can get sample solutions for our exercises.

By Sixiang C

May 01, 2018

Pros:

1.good contents

2.good exercises and interesting puzzles

3.good examples

Cons:

1.No video

2. need more examples

By Aarush A

Feb 25, 2018

requires a lot of patience but overall very interesting and fun. The forums are very useful as are the mentors

By Joshua G

Sep 28, 2016

Great introduction to logic! The course material is explained very well and made easy to understand.

By Rado

Jan 28, 2019

Excellent introduction to logic. The exercises really help with the understanding.

By John B

Mar 04, 2017

Wonderful challenging course . Sorry it ended . Will miss the exercises .

By Guy G

Aug 27, 2017

A bit dry but very useful course. Should have taken it long ago.

By Nick R

Mar 15, 2018

Section 12 wasn't very clear, but everything else was great.