Back to Introduction to Logic

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Logic by Stanford University

This course is an introduction to Logic from a computational perspective. It shows how to encode information in the form of logical sentences; it shows how to reason with information in this form; and it provides an overview of logic technology and its applications - in mathematics, science, engineering, business, law, and so forth....

JS

Aug 21, 2018

This course was so helpful. I think I now understand the fundamentals of mathematical logic. I truly recommend this course to anyone who is interested in studying logic!

SC

May 01, 2018

Pros:\n\n1.good contents\n\n2.good exercises and interesting puzzles\n\n3.good examples\n\nCons:\n\n1.No video\n\n2. need more examples

1 - 25 of 103 Reviews for Introduction to Logic

By Andrey K

Oct 04, 2018

since the Section 2.5 - Satisfaction and on it doesn`t score any passed lessons or assignements, there is always an error "Unfortunately due to an error, your score was not recorded."

By Luis H C P

Jan 14, 2018

O curso de Introduction to Logic oferecido pela Stanford University é excelente! De fato ele não é um curso introdutório, vai muito além com uma abordagem completa sobre o assunto. Os exercícios são muito bons e ajudam a desenvolver habilidades analíticas. Com certeza é um curso que irei recomendar.

By joao d

Feb 23, 2019

While I did learn a great deal with this course, I feel like it's not well made. No videos is clearly a minus, but that's just a nitpick. The biggest problem are the graded exercises. Some of the fitch exercises are ridiculously complicated until you reach the last sessions, where you can literally just write the goal you want without even reading the exercise.

By James R E

Mar 20, 2018

After I signed up and started the class, I was disappointed to see that there are only 2 video lectures for the entire program. After starting and going through the first week, I realized that I could just as well have checked a book out from the local library and gotten the same information. I was hoping for an instructor led course. I will look elsewhere - You Tube or EdX may have a more engaging course.

By Rado

Jan 28, 2019

Excellent introduction to logic. The exercises really help with the understanding.

By Robert S

Jul 10, 2018

Good review for those who have studied quantified logic at any level. The Fitch system is fun and easy to use - especially where it automatically cites the inference rules for you. Having done many informal inductive proofs, I found the extension of first-order logic to include induction particularly interesting - if intensely tedious in application.

By Everton d c s

Apr 07, 2017

ótimo curso

By Jaewoo S

Aug 21, 2018

By Nick R

Mar 15, 2018

Section 12 wasn't very clear, but everything else was great.

By Guy G

Aug 27, 2017

A bit dry but very useful course. Should have taken it long ago.

By abednego

Nov 23, 2016

perfect

By Mubarak I

Jan 03, 2017

Great!!!

By Shelly C

Dec 09, 2016

really love this, straightforward, and really formative

By Adrian G

Oct 10, 2016

Fantastic and pleasant course!!!

By Aarush A

Feb 25, 2018

requires a lot of patience but overall very interesting and fun. The forums are very useful as are the mentors

By Jakub K

May 20, 2018

Very solid one.

By Samuel L d S

Apr 06, 2017

Great course!

By Ovidio M

Aug 18, 2017

This is an awesome course about logic that I totally recommend because it explains very fundamental concepts.

I suggest to integrate the contents into the Coursera platform, although the external tool is easy to use also.

I would be great if you published a continuation course which may include, for instance, the covered topics in more detail, FOL in depth, second and higher order logic, logic programming.

Thank you very much for offering us this course!

By Sixiang C

May 01, 2018

Pros:

1.good contents

2.good exercises and interesting puzzles

3.good examples

Cons:

1.No video

2. need more examples

By Mario A P O

Sep 10, 2017

I think the course makes a great job introducing you to a different mindset, the one that can help you through any kind of inference and mathematical thinking. It makes your brain work.

By Ahmer J K

Jun 04, 2017

Excellent course, really challenging and fun!

By Joseph A D

Dec 30, 2016

The course surprised me. Initially, it seemed to be a review of very basic concepts from boolean algebra and propositional logic. But even with a strong background in math and CS I was challenged, and I learned new (and for me, applied) ideas about the underlying aspects of automated theorem provers and satisfiability provers.

By John B

Mar 04, 2017

Wonderful challenging course . Sorry it ended . Will miss the exercises .

By ashish

Jan 17, 2017

A page turner.

By Jorge S

Aug 21, 2017

Excelent content and very complete the lessons