Back to Structuring Machine Learning Projects

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Structuring Machine Learning Projects by DeepLearning.AI

You will learn how to build a successful machine learning project. If you aspire to be a technical leader in AI, and know how to set direction for your team's work, this course will show you how. Much of this content has never been taught elsewhere, and is drawn from my experience building and shipping many deep learning products. This course also has two "flight simulators" that let you practice decision-making as a machine learning project leader. This provides "industry experience" that you might otherwise get only after years of ML work experience. After 2 weeks, you will: - Understand how to diagnose errors in a machine learning system, and - Be able to prioritize the most promising directions for reducing error - Understand complex ML settings, such as mismatched training/test sets, and comparing to and/or surpassing human-level performance - Know how to apply end-to-end learning, transfer learning, and multi-task learning I've seen teams waste months or years through not understanding the principles taught in this course. I hope this two week course will save you months of time. This is a standalone course, and you can take this so long as you have basic machine learning knowledge. This is the third course in the Deep Learning Specialization....

JB

Jul 02, 2020

While the information from this course was awesome I would've liked some hand on projects to get the information running. Nonetheless, the two simulation task were the best (more would've been neat!).

AM

Nov 23, 2017

I learned so many things in this module. I learned that how to do error analysys and different kind of the learning techniques. Thanks Professor Andrew Ng to provide such a valuable and updated stuff.

351 - 375 of 4,925 Reviews for Structuring Machine Learning Projects

By MAYANK C

Apr 27, 2020

The case study approach to teach students is really awesome. This way the concepts that you learn in the course are so easily set up in your brain, it's just awesome. Thank you Andrew for your dedicated efforts to help us learn Deep Learning.

By Egnatious P

Apr 11, 2020

This was an interesting course which gave me an opportunity to really think about different machine learning problems and how to go about addressing these. I think the notes I took are going to prove invaluable as I go along in my AI journey.

By Mahmoud H S

Jul 25, 2019

this is the greatest course I have ever seen in machine learning and deep learning. it gives students the best practice for applying machine learning in real projects and gain a lot of experience from one of the best machine learning experts.

By neeraj c

Apr 15, 2018

Practical tips distilled from years of hands-on experience delivered to be understood easily and intuitively. Will save a lot of time on getting started or getting accelerated on projects esp. for those with beginner or intermediate skills.

By yi-chun t

Sep 02, 2020

Andrew again delivered a great course! He talked about his real-world experience in creating and delivering ML projects in this course that is super helpful. I never see any other instructors who cover this important aspect of ML projects.

By Kursat P

Aug 26, 2020

Great course! It would also be very helpful to have the final slides of handwritten notes by Andrew as .pdf files to take a look at the content later without having to watch the videos. This course is extremely helpful. Thanks to all of you!

By Edson C

Aug 04, 2020

this course is very wonderful. I was really impressed with the amount of information acquired and that will be very useful when developing my ML applications. thank you very much for these many years of experience transmitted in this course.

By Tanmay K

Mar 20, 2020

Amazing course taught by Professor Andrew Ng. I love the piratical insights that I gained through this course. I believe this course is a must have for someone who wishes to tackle deep learning problems in a systematic and organized manner.

By Cyprien H

Nov 07, 2018

Very instructive course, full of practical and actionable advice to focus on the right problems in an ML project. The "flight simulators" are concrete examples of decisions one has to make in an ML project and it is good to practice with it.

By Jean D V

May 12, 2019

It does a great job of providing guidance on how you would plan a deep learning project. Transfer learning in particular is a very intriguing approach to leveraging previous work to speed up training a new neural network for your new task.

By Jeroen M

Jan 26, 2018

Material is excellent, Andrew is a brilliant teacher. Learned a lot. (Minor complaint: week 2's questions are formulated in a confusing way, making it hard to answer correctly even if you've understood the material of the course perfectly.)

Nov 07, 2017

@Andrew Ng: Your statement "And I think that phonemes are an artifact created by human linguists. I actually think that phonemes are a fantasy of linguists." in: Whether to use end-to-end deep learning" Week 2, ROCKS !!!! GREAT and agree...

By Dr. M E J I

Sep 01, 2017

This is an excellent course for anyone in Deep Learning, Data Science, or Machine Learning. It is a little on the short side, but packed with good ideas about how to structure your projects when considering various differing data scenarios.

By Prerana H B

Apr 16, 2020

Exceptionally good course.It gives brief idea of how and what strategies should be used while approaching any problem or building the system .Also gives idea about how to improve the efficiency of already build system and upto what extend.

By Rahul M

Apr 10, 2020

Excellent course that discusses a lot of details and nuances about machine learning and deep learning that are drawn from Andrew's own experience as a prominent researcher and pioneer in the field . I feel I gained a lot from this course .

By Madagama G B S

Jan 25, 2020

This course helped me to systematically analyze errors in deep learning implementations. The machine learning flight simulator is a great way quickly learn how to address issues you would face in making practical machine learning problems.

By Fawad H

Nov 08, 2019

This Course is best for all level and it teaches in the best way to how to make your project to do well and how to suggest solution and how to detect problems in the training of the neural network. Thank you Andrew for making this course.

By Yingxiang Z

Jul 11, 2019

Very useful introduction to the real applied machine learning procedures. This course enables us to know exactly what steps to take in different phases of a project, and could potentially saves us a lot of time by avoiding useless efforts.

By Wong C H

Feb 18, 2018

"Experience can only be learnt by practicing" This course showed us some useful scenario which I think is very likely to be encountered in future projects. I think this will help to save time to develop deep learning model in the future.

By yugandhar n

Aug 29, 2017

Initially I thought It would be boring. But after taking the course, I feel the difference. Once again, Andrew Ng rocked it with composition of this course and quiz. I feel this is must course in deep learning, who is working in industry.

By Daniel

Mar 14, 2020

It's a theoretical approach of Machine Learning projects that gives a lot of awesome insights of many real world problems that you face when building your model. It's a short course with great insights ! I definitely recommend taking it.

By Khaled J

May 20, 2019

Excellent class with practical advise to accelerate the application of best practices based on Andrew's experience. I would highly recommend this to practitioners wanting to save a lot of time learning these best practices the hard way.

By SUJITH V

Oct 28, 2018

Excellent course on understanding how and what to prioritise in ML projects. Not just helpful for people leading ML teams, but also for people who are doing some independent projects. ML is a lot of fun when you do experiments for fun :)

By Mohamed C S

Jul 19, 2018

Excellent Course, though it is an optional course, it is really worth taking it!

The Use case studies are just excellent! You can really have a taste of the problems encountered when you have to manage a deep learning project. Great work!

By Omid M

Jan 21, 2018

Great tips!

Minor issue: often the request for feedback for a lecture came right at the beginning of the lecture, covering big portion of the video ('was this video helpful'! ). It was annoying (I couldn't figure out how to minimize it).