Back to Structuring Machine Learning Projects

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Structuring Machine Learning Projects by deeplearning.ai

You will learn how to build a successful machine learning project. If you aspire to be a technical leader in AI, and know how to set direction for your team's work, this course will show you how. Much of this content has never been taught elsewhere, and is drawn from my experience building and shipping many deep learning products. This course also has two "flight simulators" that let you practice decision-making as a machine learning project leader. This provides "industry experience" that you might otherwise get only after years of ML work experience. After 2 weeks, you will: - Understand how to diagnose errors in a machine learning system, and - Be able to prioritize the most promising directions for reducing error - Understand complex ML settings, such as mismatched training/test sets, and comparing to and/or surpassing human-level performance - Know how to apply end-to-end learning, transfer learning, and multi-task learning I've seen teams waste months or years through not understanding the principles taught in this course. I hope this two week course will save you months of time. This is a standalone course, and you can take this so long as you have basic machine learning knowledge. This is the third course in the Deep Learning Specialization....

AM

Nov 23, 2017

I learned so many things in this module. I learned that how to do error analysys and different kind of the learning techniques. Thanks Professor Andrew Ng to provide such a valuable and updated stuff.

MG

Mar 31, 2020

It is very nice to have a very experienced deep learning practitioner showing you the "magic" of making DNN works. That is usually passed from Professor to graduate student, but is available here now.

301 - 325 of 4,831 Reviews for Structuring Machine Learning Projects

By Abdullah

Jan 11, 2019

Worth the time and effort. Although this course did not contain the programming aspects, but it was helpful nevertheless. This course actually taught me how to properly go about my machine learning project and how to troubleshoot if I encounter some problems.

By DOLA R

Aug 26, 2018

This course give me direction to structure my project in better way. Content of this course was really awesome and most amazing part was the flight simulator for machine learning. Thank you Andrew Ng sir for beautifully presenting the idea, thank you so much.

By Benji T

Feb 18, 2018

Short course but i think this is the most important course out of the 3 as it is more applied. Everything in this course is new to me... , had to read the discussion for help on the quiz. Hope to appreciate what i learn after i start my deep learning project!

By Vijay A

Dec 23, 2017

Knowing the algorithms alone doesn't help much in developing ML applications. We should be able to tackle any problem and drive our project towards the intended goal.This course provides some handy tips and tactics for the same.Well taught as usual. Cheers!!!

By YongyiWang

Sep 07, 2017

This course is very useful. The 'Simulator' is very cool. After finishing the homework, I have a better understanding on how do deal with a real project. I'm trying to solve a problem in my work, I think this skills mentioned in the course will help me a lot.

By Mirza A A B

Jul 24, 2020

This course was directed towards giving more of a general perspective on an ML project. Although it was a brief one, it gives enough insight to continue and develop on the concepts taught. The best part as always is the inspiring and motivational guest talk.

By Victor A M B

Feb 09, 2020

Un curso corto con mucha información, pero muy muy instrucivo de cómo abordar los proyectos de deep learning o redes neuronales, se te enseña desde el análisis del error hasta la transferencia de conocimiento, lo cual es bastante interesante.

Muchas gracias!!

By Alexandre D

Aug 28, 2019

It's really nice to have Andrew share his practical knowledge and experience. Paying careful attention to data distributions and doing ErrorAnalysis to learn where to focus your efforts are valuable insights. Thanks for making us all better DL practitioners.

By Jonathan L

Dec 18, 2018

This course gives you a good understanding of how to approach deep learning projects and machine learning problems in general. After this course you should feel more comfortable understanding how to structure your projects and better optimize your time use.

By Leonard N B

Aug 25, 2017

Andrew provided lots of information in a two-week period due to this the course feels more dense than the previous two. The quiz has also been more challenging. Overall though, it is still top notch teaching from the best. Looking forward to Course 4 and 5.

By Debojyoti D

Mar 18, 2019

Prof.Nag and Team, had really gave immense effort to make things brain friendly. Really appreciate the effort to make this so easy going, but conceptually very high content. Recommend not to finish over night, but trick is to go slow and grasp the content.

By Ehsan M K

Aug 23, 2017

This course is very important as it offers solutions that don't exist in literature to tackle real DL problems. Andrew Ng is basically teaching you from his vast experience. I highly recommend it esp. for those who want to design / implement DL products.

By Попов Д В

Aug 31, 2020

Outstanding course with immense amount of real-world cases from industry. However, there is no programming tasks here in this course and I was feeling a lack of programming assignments a bit. But overall, the theory and case studies are just incredible.

By Yogendra S

Apr 18, 2020

I think despite being more theoretical course than the previous ones, it is still one of the most important courses in this specialization as we learn about how to handle a real life project and mitigate the problems that arise in a more systematic way.

By Felix F

Mar 21, 2020

The content is super useful. I have struggled in my previous projects with many problems discussed in this course. It is great to hear Andrew Ng's opinion and his suggestions will definitely help me push the next project better into the right direction.

By Eiichi N

Feb 24, 2019

I think this course covers the cases where I tend to bog down and waste time, and has provided me with useful and practical guidelines to get out of them. You should not underestimate the value of this course,

just because there is no coding assignment.

By Satish G

Feb 07, 2020

This part of the course is really unique and provides an understanding of what are the challenges that you could as a Machine Learning engineer. The problem of the exercise was really great in terms of planning and execution of the real-world problem.

By Christopher W

Sep 03, 2019

This course is very good at establishing the fundamentals of 'problem analysis' - something which a lot of analysts actually struggle with. I enjoyed it and found the examples helpful to think through the various steps and types of ML applications.

By Ved P G

Apr 15, 2019

Learned a lot about dealing with datasets where training data and test data might not have the same distribution. In a practical deep learning project, a lot of decisions are strategic and this course will definitely help in making better decisions.

By Marcin G

Oct 15, 2017

Another great course from Andrew Ng. You will learn how to manage deep learning project and get to know some clever ideas of approaching the project from managerial perspective. You will also get to know important people in deep learning community.

By SHUBHAD M

Aug 18, 2020

Pretty important course in my opinion. I had skipped this course last year when I was new to deep learning. One year later after working on some deep learning projects, I feel this course makes a lot of sense to me and I wish I had done it before.

By Jonathan S

Aug 18, 2018

I do not think you will find this expert advice elsewhere. And the extended scenarios which the quizzes test give the feeling that I now have real experience (although I do not) making high level decisions about guiding a machine learning project.

By Michael D

Mar 05, 2018

An excellent overview of a rarely discussed subject. Often lost amidst the seemingly daily discoveries of new deep learning tricks is need to apply deep learning in real applications. This course did a great job of addressing the latter concern.

By Hari K M

Jan 19, 2018

One of the key courses in the specialization besides being short and tricky. The content of this course is exactly that which differentiates between a mere programmer from a data scientist or a machine learning engineer. Do not skip this course.

By Vladimir A

Oct 09, 2017

At the very beginning the course seemed to be about self-evident, even trivial things. Now I can't imagine it to be dropped out of the specialization.

Thank you prof. Andrew Ng, you gave us a roadmap to move and saved from many blunders on the way.