Back to Structuring Machine Learning Projects

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Structuring Machine Learning Projects by DeepLearning.AI

You will learn how to build a successful machine learning project. If you aspire to be a technical leader in AI, and know how to set direction for your team's work, this course will show you how. Much of this content has never been taught elsewhere, and is drawn from my experience building and shipping many deep learning products. This course also has two "flight simulators" that let you practice decision-making as a machine learning project leader. This provides "industry experience" that you might otherwise get only after years of ML work experience. After 2 weeks, you will: - Understand how to diagnose errors in a machine learning system, and - Be able to prioritize the most promising directions for reducing error - Understand complex ML settings, such as mismatched training/test sets, and comparing to and/or surpassing human-level performance - Know how to apply end-to-end learning, transfer learning, and multi-task learning I've seen teams waste months or years through not understanding the principles taught in this course. I hope this two week course will save you months of time. This is a standalone course, and you can take this so long as you have basic machine learning knowledge. This is the third course in the Deep Learning Specialization....

AM

Nov 23, 2017

I learned so many things in this module. I learned that how to do error analysys and different kind of the learning techniques. Thanks Professor Andrew Ng to provide such a valuable and updated stuff.

JB

Jul 02, 2020

While the information from this course was awesome I would've liked some hand on projects to get the information running. Nonetheless, the two simulation task were the best (more would've been neat!).

201 - 225 of 4,919 Reviews for Structuring Machine Learning Projects

By BAZIL F

Dec 29, 2019

Very useful course for understanding nuances of AI and different useful techniques in strategizing the approaches. Extremely useful in architecting, designing and delivery of the complex solutions involving AI (even as a sub-component). Prof. Andrew Ng is always a pleasure and honor to learn from. Thank You Sir!

By Harvey Q

Sep 04, 2017

Really inspiring course, and UNIQUE. No other class, I think, provide these suggestions on the big question "what's next?" in ML projects. The videos are a bit weirdly sequenced. But they provide very systematic ways of project starting, data splitting, model evaluating, problem finding and tuning. Great course!

By Pedro B M

Feb 28, 2019

This a course on key practices one should have when developing a ML project. Once again Andrew Ng is very pedagogical, teaching sometimes complex concepts in a easy to understand and practical way. I particularly liked the case studies, where the learned concepts had to be put into practice for decision taking.

By Niyas M

Oct 29, 2017

What a great session! Full of practical advice and strategies to help you iterate fast. Prof. Andrew draws on his years of hands-on experience at top companies to put together the best practices for structuring your machine learning projects. This has been the most valuable course in this series for me so far!

By Nikhil K

Jul 09, 2020

super helpful! something that's really valuable in-terms of optimally organizing the thought process i should use to approach an issue i want to solve with Deep Learning.

also, the Quizzes in this course (in-particular) were very important for me because it helped ingrain the tenets of this course in my mind.

By Zebin C

May 18, 2019

In the course, I learned how to divide train set, dev set, and test set, and how to solve the problem of different distributions of train set and test set. Impressive is the transfer learning. Transfer learning is a very effective way to help me provide a completely different approach to solving new problems.

By Swapnil T

Mar 31, 2020

What can be better than this, a highly qualified and passionate individual explaining what he has observed and learnt from the mistakes of other professionals , those who themselves are one of the smartest brains so that we don't make mistakes or waste our time realizing that we were hitting something wrong.

By Vishnu V

Mar 08, 2020

Excellent course to understand the ML project pipeline and then to analyse the various problems that could pop up during an ML project. The tips and tricks that we obtain from this course to address those problems are really valuable and unmatched. It is truly one of its kind course from the master itself!

By Abhilash V

Sep 11, 2017

This is a good course to get a feel of real projects and insights on how to go about executing them.I got some good tips to approach a deeplearning project.I don't know if this is too short of a course but I would trust Andrew Ng if he thinks this is fine to get a sense of deep learning projects.

Thank you.

By Fahad S

Sep 06, 2018

The content is very unique and extremely insightful in how to structure a machine learning project. As a machine learning practitioner, I can personally vouch for the usefulness of the suggestions made by Andrew NG. Had I known all of this before, it would have saved me a lot of time on numerous projects.

By Tushar M

Mar 17, 2018

This is the best ML course I have taken so far. A lot of ideas around train/dev/test sets, bias variance trade-off and difference of data distributions between train and dev sets snapped into place for me. I am sure it will take me a while to internalize this content but I feel like I have found the path.

By Edward D

Oct 12, 2017

Brings a lot of useful insight of how to tune the model more from the data point instead of the model or algorithms. This could be super helpful in solving real world problems. Also the two case study homework helped me a lot to get a better understanding of what Andrew meant in his lecture. Great course.

By Shivam S

Jul 15, 2020

The thing is to get started, sir Andrew has given huge insights in working of Neural Networks and driven us through the different parts of the journey. This is not just a course but a story that every Deep Learning enthusiast must go through to see the difference. Eye opening Experience.

Andrew

By Smail K

Jun 03, 2020

Another amazing course on deep learning and machine learning in general! This course gives you amazing insight into how you could strategize while running a machine learning project. I enjoyed going through the content of this course a lot, but not as much as the case studies! they seemed very realistic.

By Hari K

Oct 22, 2020

Very practical advice for a beginning deep learning engineer on what to do to avoid getting lost in the hyperspace of all the parameters one could change to train a better neural network model. I do wish however there was more explanation of why the different heuristics work, that Prof. Andrew suggests.

By Ashwin K

Apr 29, 2020

Good practical tips for planning out your machine learning projects. Every machine learning engineer should check out this course as it will be really helpful in planning your machine learning projects and allocating time for tasks in the project. And as usual, great, lucid instruction by Andrew Sir! :)

By J.-F. R

Feb 18, 2020

Great course by Prof Ng. I had taken his Machine Learning course a few years ago, so expected high standards of content and assignment preparation - I was not disappointed. Staff is very responsive and helpful in forums as well. I highly recommend it. Taken as part of the DeepLearning specialization.

By Ayush K

Jan 19, 2020

Amazing course where Andrew NG shares his advice on how to work with datasets of different distributions etc. Coming from such an experienced practitioner is so helpful.

The Quizes are really helpful as they deal with case study and really make you feel like you're in the spotlight

Loved this course!!!

By Zoheb A

Feb 05, 2019

The two quizzes of this course were unique. Never came upon such a quiz in any other online course. Along with the videos and supplementary pdfs, this course was quite unique and important in every aspect. I will use the approach I learnt here on my next ML projects. Thanks to Andrew Ng and the team.

By Jorge A R H

Jul 16, 2020

Really good course. As a machine learning practicioner I discover new ways to attack a machine learning problem. It taught me where should I focus to achive my goals faster. I think that in the exams they could give a little more explanation of why some answer is wrong. Overall an excellent course.

By João F

May 25, 2019

Very good course. Professor Ng explains very well why some strategies are better than others and how a deep learning practitioner or team can save a huge amount of working hours by following the instructions taught in this course. There are also useful, in-depth discussions in the forum. Thank you!

By Lien C

Apr 04, 2019

Great practical insights of how to start a ML project, how to improve/optimize the system, how to identify and troubleshoot common problems in deep learning. The course provides comprehensive high level guidelines for anyone who uses machine learning, even without having any programming experience!

By Dariusz J

Jul 19, 2019

The course has practical content. When took in the Deep Learning Specialization I noticed that some parts of the material were already known from previous courses. Indeed, in previuos courses the repeated aspectes are presented from a different angle, but probably there is an area for limiting it.

By Jialin Y

Apr 22, 2018

It's like understanding deep learning: a team leader's perspective. Andrew may be the first instructor to give this kind of course. Based on his experience in building practical and large scale machine learning system in Google and Baidu, the course content is highly inspiring and worth listening.

By Ged R

Oct 03, 2017

As an Ops person by nature, i like to see methodology and structure along with systematic approaches to results - be they solutions or problem solving. This course adds to that area, by providing best practices and ideas, it forms the basis from which these challenges can be addressed. Very good.