Back to Structuring Machine Learning Projects

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Structuring Machine Learning Projects by DeepLearning.AI

You will learn how to build a successful machine learning project. If you aspire to be a technical leader in AI, and know how to set direction for your team's work, this course will show you how. Much of this content has never been taught elsewhere, and is drawn from my experience building and shipping many deep learning products. This course also has two "flight simulators" that let you practice decision-making as a machine learning project leader. This provides "industry experience" that you might otherwise get only after years of ML work experience. After 2 weeks, you will: - Understand how to diagnose errors in a machine learning system, and - Be able to prioritize the most promising directions for reducing error - Understand complex ML settings, such as mismatched training/test sets, and comparing to and/or surpassing human-level performance - Know how to apply end-to-end learning, transfer learning, and multi-task learning I've seen teams waste months or years through not understanding the principles taught in this course. I hope this two week course will save you months of time. This is a standalone course, and you can take this so long as you have basic machine learning knowledge. This is the third course in the Deep Learning Specialization....

JB

Jul 02, 2020

While the information from this course was awesome I would've liked some hand on projects to get the information running. Nonetheless, the two simulation task were the best (more would've been neat!).

MG

Mar 31, 2020

It is very nice to have a very experienced deep learning practitioner showing you the "magic" of making DNN works. That is usually passed from Professor to graduate student, but is available here now.

176 - 200 of 4,910 Reviews for Structuring Machine Learning Projects

By Shazib S

Oct 08, 2020

Really really good course. I never knew about the intricacies of error analysis that is done in ML/DL projects. This was a very insightful course. Would see the lectures again if I need to (which I will). Nevertheless, amazing course. The content is explained in a step by step and appropriate fashion for even a newbie like me.

By Ahmet

Feb 24, 2019

The teaching in this course is so invaluable for interpreting the results. Now, I believe I can understand my models' accuracy based on professors teaching. The professor teaching contains unique knowledge and experience, where you can't reach via the internet, library or asking your university professors. Thank you, Prof. Ng.

By Shehryar M K K

Oct 23, 2017

I think this course was very valuable in teaching insights about how to think about and formulate ML/DL problems. The case study quizzes were really good and made you think. I hope coursera expands on these case study quizzes for future version of this course as well as introduce them into other courses of this specialization.

By Alessio G

Aug 16, 2017

This course is a summary of Andrew's experience. I've yet listened this nuts and bolts from Andrew speech(you can find it on youtube) but there are some precious advice that are so much valuable. I'll recommend this course to everyone who want to start a carer in DL. Big thanks to Andrew, the Deeplearning.ai team and Coursera.

By MBOUOPDA M F

Jul 11, 2020

This course taught me recipes about conducting a machine learning project. I'm now more confident about being a machine learning project lead. The assignments are interesting because they are case studies of real situations, where decisions need to be taken in order to iterate and converge to a better machine learning model.

By ankit d

Sep 09, 2019

This course really help me to understand exactly how to make decision to distribute the data sets, what to do with the new data set, how to examine the error, how to use previous model as a transfer model for other classification, what is multi-tasking and many more

Thank you for your support and sharing of your knowledge

By Arvind N

Aug 12, 2017

This course was most useful as Andrew explains practical engineering challenges and valuable tips to overcome them!

As a technology architect, I am more interested in predictable, guaranteed results and can guide my my ML engineering team to make the right choices in given real-world uncertainties and engineering challenges.

By Rahuldeb D

Jul 29, 2018

This course provides us an overview of the errors we have to encounter while solving a machine learning problem and shows us a clear direction of overcoming those. Though the contents are not mathematical but these information will help us to deal with machine learning projects in efficient way. I really liked this course.

By Wei-Chuang C

Aug 19, 2017

The course is very practical and also leads you to learn the real challenge you will encounter while working on machine learning project. While it's easy to follow as the previous courses, you need to think more strategically. I would recommend bringing an idea or a project you are planning and apply what you learned here.

By ANIKET A G

Jul 17, 2020

The course really streamlines and puts forth a structured approach to go for delivering a machine learning solution to a problem. It helps to complete my project in 2-3 months instead of a year that sometimes some of my colleagues take. They need to look at this course. Also the interview with Ruslan was very informative.

By Azamat K

Aug 17, 2019

Really liked this course, especially the case studies, where the task is clear and possible scenarios are explained. Have to response in the most promising way using the knowledge obtained during the previous 2 courses. Really appreciate this experience. Only wish is to have more case studies in the other courses as well.

By Bradley W

Dec 15, 2017

Great course. The pragmatic insights were invaluable. I think addressing problems such as missing input data and data preparation would help. I also think a programming assignment that explores these ideas would help. You could take the sign language number exercise from week 2 and explore some of the ideas this week.

By Gopinath

Jan 16, 2020

I can confidently say that this course has content which is only unique to this course. To my knowledge no other course has topics like Avoidable bias, Bayes optimal error, Error analysis and emphasis on train, dev & test set data distribution mismatch. This course is definitely a must for any Deep learning practitioner.

By Deepak V

Jan 06, 2018

Looking at the title of this course I predicted that it will be regarding to teach me how to organise the source code files of ML project and more specifically how to build a ML project and components of deep learning project but it was all about DEBUGGING ml project so for me this was in off beat course from its title.

By Tony H

Aug 31, 2017

Extremely useful, practical techniques for deep learning projects. I feel much more able to construct my own neural networks, diagnose and solve issues with them after following this course. Professor Ng is a gifted teacher. His style is careful, methodical and never less than very well prepared and deeply enlightening.

By Ayan G

Apr 20, 2020

Its really nice to get the valuable insight of managing an AI project, this course not only thought us about deep learning, but also how to manage them efficient and take smart decision. I like the concept of Transfer learning as it can same a lot of efforts and time to build an system for complex. Thank you very much.

By Kwan T

Oct 01, 2017

I am very lucky to be able to learn from Andrew the DOs and DON'Ts of how to develop a successful practical deep neural network for real applications. It would take a machine learning developer many years of working experience to acquire any one of the topics that Andrew articulated in this course. Thank you so much!!!

By Mark Z

Jun 11, 2019

I've decided to take this course after seeing its feedback from other people and the comment which got me was the following: "This course is could be summarized as a machine learning master giving useful advice". I think it perfectly describes the course's content. This course is definitely worth investing time into.

By Dunitt M

Feb 10, 2019

Excelente curso, muy recomendado para quienes tienen una idea de Deep Learning pero con frecuencia se encuentran en situación que no saben cómo afrontar o cuál camino intentar primero. El conjunto de habilidades impartidas aquí no te harán un mejor programador, pero te ahorraran muchas horas de esfuerzo innecesario.

By Gaurav K

Sep 07, 2017

Amazing tips shared for structuring machine learning projects, which were ignored in most of the other ML books. Building a model is one thing, but tuning it to make it work better in the real world is more important which this course focuses.

Thanks Prof. Andrew Ng for the consistent support of spreading knowledge!

By Muhammad A

Aug 14, 2020

Although, this course of specialization was simple with no assignment still the case studies were quite informative. I would suggest to include a case study related to google machine learning for navigation and voice recognition. We youth can easily relate to this case study. Overall this course was a full package.

By Yuezhe L

Nov 20, 2018

This is a very helpful class. I have been working on machine learning projects for years. This course provides methods to systematically trouble shoot problems in a machine learning project. Despite all the samples are using neural networks, the methodology can be applied to improve other machine learning projects.

By Bernard O

Oct 25, 2018

Excellent course on managing through the thick of bias/variance tradeoffs. Been doing a lot just based on things I have picked up through experience, but this course puts a the quantitative rigor and discipline behind the art. The sections on transfer and end to end deep learning were eye opening sections for me.

By Gema P

Feb 25, 2018

This course is strategically very important so congrats on making it

I would add a programming assignment including transfer learning or multi-task learning implementation due to the multiple cases of use that are today in the industry.

Thanks again for making this Wonderfull material available to the community ^^

By BAZIL F

Dec 29, 2019

Very useful course for understanding nuances of AI and different useful techniques in strategizing the approaches. Extremely useful in architecting, designing and delivery of the complex solutions involving AI (even as a sub-component). Prof. Andrew Ng is always a pleasure and honor to learn from. Thank You Sir!