Back to On Strategy : What Managers Can Learn from Philosophy - PART 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for On Strategy : What Managers Can Learn from Philosophy - PART 1 by CentraleSupélec

In the expression “creative thinking”, the keyword is not creativity; the keyword is thinking. With the help of great philosophers, you will rediscover the art of thinking. To help leaders to be rigorous even without figures, great philosophers have lots of ideas. Managers are invited to rediscover the art of thinking. They should understand the role of mental models, realize the importance of cognitive bias, agree on clear definitions and efficient criteria etc. Creativity demands the ability to unshackle ourselves from conventional ways of thinking, to "think outside the box". But we need to go a step further. Once outside the box, we need to construct a new box or boxes (that is, new intellectual frameworks or models) to help us structure our thinking. Only once we have done so can we generate truly game-changing ideas....

VI
Feb 27, 2017

Very engaging and I appreciate the style of Luc's lectures, catering to both left and right brained people. Really loved all of the lectures and would like to take one of his classes in person!

HK
Oct 5, 2019

I absolutely loved this course. It provides a toolkit to think about organisational strategy and can be useful for everyone working for an organisation, but especially for senior managers.

26 - 50 of 146 Reviews for On Strategy : What Managers Can Learn from Philosophy - PART 1

By Hans D K

Oct 6, 2019

By Biagio C

Sep 2, 2015

The course has been really inspirational for my profession as consultant and professional trainer as well as for my cultural path.

Looking forward to attend the Part II!!

By Ronald M

May 7, 2020

Very thoughtful and thought provoking. Well designed. I would highly recommend this course to anyone, interested in thinking differently on how ideas come about. Thanks!

By Ahmad k

Feb 26, 2016

Great Course ... highly recommended ...Thank you very much for such detailed ,nicely put information

I really wish there might be a second part and more courses by Luc

By Jordan D

Oct 17, 2015

This course help me to understand what is missing part of change!!! Very, very useful. ....and most important - this conception works. Many thanks to authors!!!

By Adrian L

Jun 16, 2017

Exceptional use of video combined with a traditional lecture format. Out of the Coursera courses I have taken this one really felt like university-level qualit

By Nicolas D

Mar 9, 2017

Excellent course. Very instructive and passionated lessons. Transcripts should be proofread to help students that have difficulties to understand the accent.

By Antonio L

Sep 9, 2015

Dear,

This course defies anyone to know the paths that humanity did to development of the Knowledge, include a brilhant performance of Mr Luc

Congratulations

By Ajit K N S

May 25, 2016

Wonder experience with lot of definition and example to use as Manager. Put good foundation of philosophy in very easy terms. Recommended for every one.

By Júlian C

Sep 21, 2015

A complete Mindset changing for me. I‘m taking this course for the second time and already shared what I see here with all my colleagues and friends.

By Samaneh

Sep 18, 2015

that is really amazing online course which i have ever had, I am doing PhD in field of Business and this course is what i needed to open my mind!!

By Áron N

Apr 9, 2016

Loved this course. The great structured thinking and very enjoyable presentation of Mr. Brabandere really made me think - and think twice.

By Michael L

Dec 5, 2015

Great course, great ideas and creative course and great assignments, really makes you think about alot of things in a new perspective

By Zahid G

Oct 29, 2015

This is undeniably one of the best courses I have ever done. Luc's knowledge and insight is hard to describe, and I have tho

By Saurabh S

Nov 12, 2017

This is an outstanding course for anyone who wants to be able to think deeply, creatively, critically and strategically!

By Dzianis S

May 15, 2017

Great course. Lectures encourage me to learn more and more. Everyone who wanted to become a manager must accomplish it/

By Robin A

Apr 6, 2018

Well worth while course for anyone interested in thinking, change or strategic planning. Well presented and interesting

By Dan H

Sep 2, 2015

Luc de Barbandre is one of the most expressive and pasionate teacheres I've ever met. This is just a sincere feedback.

By Marcelo G

Feb 9, 2016

Quite thought-provoking.

I enjoyed it a lot, even though I have a technology background. It gave me a lot to think of.

By Evandro C

Jan 5, 2016

Outstanding course. The concepts are very well explained and connected with the businees world. Congratulations!

By Anton A K

Mar 6, 2019

Great course! I was able to learn new and usefull information and how to think out of the box. Recommended!!

By Marco A

Mar 15, 2016

A mind opening course. Offers very interesting and different perspectives on business and strategy subjects.

By Debanjan C

Oct 5, 2015

One of the best courses I have undertaken. Genuine learning that will help me become better individual.

By Marcus V

Aug 27, 2015

Absolutely awesome course. It is both foundational and applicable in business and personal life.

By Safar A

Jun 19, 2020

Really one of the best courses that I've learned, I hope it will be another part. Thanks Dr. Luc