Back to Managing Asthma, Allergies, Diabetes, and Seizures in School

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Managing Asthma, Allergies, Diabetes, and Seizures in School by University of Colorado System

Welcome to School Health specialization: Managing Asthma, Anaphylaxis, Food Allergies, Diabetes, and Seizures in School course. In this course, you will learn about these common medical issues students face and how to best support students who suffer from them. We will also take a holistic look at how we can best support overall student health. We will take a look at how the school nurse provides support to students and staff in each scenario and how to plan ahead in the event of an emergency. We will walk through the reasons that schools should promote student health and how we can support students that face these common medical conditions As part of the course, we will introduce two students to help all of this information come alive. Prepare yourself to learn about these common medical conditions. Let’s get started!...

DS
Sep 15, 2021

Both the instructor and the nurse instructor were great listening to and understood everything they said and the papers that you kneed to know in school. Looking forward to other classes.\n\nThank you

MF
Feb 3, 2021

Very useful and educational content for parents, physicians, teachers and anyone in everyday contact with children. Some links are not working properly. In general, highly recommended!

26 - 50 of 127 Reviews for Managing Asthma, Allergies, Diabetes, and Seizures in School

By Corinne S

Aug 20, 2020

There was a lot of helpful information and links. I liked the variety of formats. Many links had issues or error messages or it was unclear what portion of larger sites was to be read as part of a particular section of this course. Overall I found this course helpful for preparing me to handle healthcare situations in the school setting and best support the children with these diagnoses

By Andrea F d C

Perfect. I had difficulty and failed the first and second try, then I came back, studied again and did it !!!! Although here in Brazil is different because we don´t have nurses to assist schools and we also don´t have this community engagement that we read in your plans, and I´m sure our children don´t have epinephrine even in the heath`s family unit, I´ll keep learning and dreaming about a better future for us.

By Patricia S G

Dec 11, 2020

This course has given me an overview of Asthma, Diabetes, Food Allergies and Anaphylaxis, and Seizures. Although I may be living in the Philippines, the documents or forms found in each of the sessions are helpful for implementation of emergency response as well as first aid in case such events occur. This is truly helpful.

By Molita R

May 1, 2020

I was really sad to know about so many problems that children face and have in their lives and we as parents and educators are not aware of it. today i am happy that i got to know of these problem areas and the basic solutions to it. the course was easy to understand and very informative.

By Samantha R

May 9, 2021

I am returning as a school nurse and I thought this would be an excellent course to take to get a review of the common health concerns in school.

The course was awesome and really helped me to refresh the care that I will need to give when I return to school nursing.

Thank you.

By Rosalind A

The course has been well structured and easy to follow through. I have learned many skills on how to handle children with asthma, allergies, diabetes and seizures in school. I am confident that I can manage the situation with the action plan and guide provided in the course.

By Sonja B

Aug 20, 2020

The material was presented in a clear and easy to understand way. I particularly appreciated that the videos were short, I could do them in between my other work. The YouTube videos were also very helpful. The reading resources gave a wealth of information.

By Ike c v

Apr 30, 2019

The instructors was educating and very instructional. The instructors were professional and delivered the lectures in a very simplistic method that anyone with interest in learning can learn and be fully engaged.

By SNEHA C S

Jun 14, 2020

Wow! Its a great knowledge achievable course i had. Now i have greater awareness about the problems and diseases which child faces in their school time. How we have to give importance and do the neddful.

Thanks a lot for the wonderful session.

By AMANDA J

Oct 30, 2020

The lessons were very informative, easily understood and the presentations were attractive. I would be much grateful for all the lectures and support staff, for their endless endeavours to make this course a success. Thank you so much.

By Donna R S

Apr 17, 2020

Excellent information for school nurses. The videos are well organized. Some links for the reading material is not working. I would recommend for Coursera to update the required reading section for this course.

By Donna S

Sep 16, 2021

By Liliana O

Dec 4, 2019

Excelente curso, aun que tengo conocimientos de enfermería, aprendi muchas cosas que no sabia; como actuar antes situaciones. me gusta lo practico que es este curso

By Divine D

Aug 9, 2020

The course was delivered well with a lot of good resources to aid in understanding how to manage asthma, allergies, diabetes and seizures in schools.

By Rebekah P

Jan 25, 2021

Overall I enjoyed the course and thought each teacher did an excellent job in breaking down the information so it could be understood clearly.

By Huong Q

Oct 31, 2019

It's a useful course! I think the approaching and managing diseases in School is very important. And you can find something in this course.

By Cynthia H M

Apr 29, 2020

It would help me if there was a way to look at the downloaded resources prior to listening to the video as well as reviewing the resources

By Victoria K

May 6, 2020

Very informative and helpful if you want to work in schools or learn about the most common chronic childhood conditions

By Hua D

Oct 25, 2020

I like this course. Learned more thing about Asthma, Allergies,Diabetes,Seizures. It's very useful helpful!

By Kimberly S

Jun 30, 2020

Very informative with helpful ways to implement best practices in school setting to keep children safe.

By Miguel S C

Apr 20, 2019

Great information!

Always better to know this and not need it, then not knowing it when we need it

By Shinjan S

Sep 30, 2020

Its been a wonderful experience with coursera.I have developed my skills to a good extent

By Camila A M

Nov 22, 2020

It´s easy to understand and was also quite entertaining to go through. Great course~!!!

By Aristea K

May 4, 2020

The program was well organized, very interesting and comprehensive!Thank you very much!

By Thayalani N G

Feb 10, 2019

Just one issue, the ways to monitor sign before seizures are not explained thoroughly.