Back to Managing Asthma, Allergies, Diabetes, and Seizures in School

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Managing Asthma, Allergies, Diabetes, and Seizures in School by University of Colorado System

Welcome to School Health specialization: Managing Asthma, Anaphylaxis, Food Allergies, Diabetes, and Seizures in School course. In this course, you will learn about these common medical issues students face and how to best support students who suffer from them. We will also take a holistic look at how we can best support overall student health. We will take a look at how the school nurse provides support to students and staff in each scenario and how to plan ahead in the event of an emergency. We will walk through the reasons that schools should promote student health and how we can support students that face these common medical conditions As part of the course, we will introduce two students to help all of this information come alive. Prepare yourself to learn about these common medical conditions. Let’s get started!...

DA
Oct 9, 2020

I totally recommend this course. In each leasson, the videos are very clear and with great content, and all the resouces and refences are really useful and complement what was seen in the lesson.

KJ
Jun 11, 2020

The course was very helpful, as it provided loads of information on how to manage asthma,seizures,food allergies and diabetes for the school children. It was an informative course.

1 - 25 of 89 Reviews for Managing Asthma, Allergies, Diabetes, and Seizures in School

By ADITI B R

Jun 21, 2020

The course was really helpful for me. I have learnt a lot to manage children with Asthma, Allergies, Diabetes and Seizures. Now I shall be able to train my teachers and help my students and parents. The best thing I liked about the course is that one can learn more and more, as much as he/ she wants to, through the literature and video links provided in between the lessons. I took many more hours than suggested to know more about these diseases and how to manage them in school set up. Thanks to my teachers and Coursera for this courseware.

With warm regards,

Aditi Basu Roy

Principal

Grads International School

Greater Noida, India

By Erika B L

Aug 6, 2020

I'm a teacher and I'm learning special education. I would liked to find a course, which encompasse my learnings so far but give me new knowledge. Luckily I found teh perfect one! This course was very useful, comprehensive. I learnt about a lot these themes before, but every course gave me new line of sight and challenge. I'm grateful took part in it. Thank you so much all professor from Colorado University!

By Elizabeth .

Jul 3, 2020

Hi this course is very important to learn about school kids emergency and useful for nurses or healthcare workers at school to manage emergency situation s what is day-to-day life's happenings ..thanks to the team for this opportunity to learn about these important points.

By Emong M

May 4, 2019

Am very happy to undertake this special course. I have learnt much from it especially to handle basic health care and emergencies.

Thanks to coursera and the lead instructors. This is my second course taken following deafness in the 21 century.

By Abdul-Fatao N I

Aug 18, 2020

This course has elevated the confidence I have in working with school children and staff. I recommend school staff to consider taking courses like this so we can have safe environments for everyone at school.

By Kavya j

Jun 12, 2020

By Harine S

Jun 5, 2020

The course was very informative and helpful for teachers to know how to handle children during asthma, allergies, diabetes and seizures at school.

By Hameer K

Jun 6, 2019

it is a very interesting course for managing Asthma, Allergies, Diabetes and seizures in daily life!

By Corinne S

Aug 20, 2020

There was a lot of helpful information and links. I liked the variety of formats. Many links had issues or error messages or it was unclear what portion of larger sites was to be read as part of a particular section of this course. Overall I found this course helpful for preparing me to handle healthcare situations in the school setting and best support the children with these diagnoses

By Maleah S

Jun 5, 2020

A lot of the supplementary readings had links that did not work or no longer linked correctly "page not found" was a common issues.

A lot of the supplementary readings had "word for word" information that was just shared in the videos.

By Andrea F d C

Perfect. I had difficulty and failed the first and second try, then I came back, studied again and did it !!!! Although here in Brazil is different because we don´t have nurses to assist schools and we also don´t have this community engagement that we read in your plans, and I´m sure our children don´t have epinephrine even in the heath`s family unit, I´ll keep learning and dreaming about a better future for us.

By Fuzuyise

Nov 12, 2020

Thank you so much for updating and giving us an advance practical information in the iSchool health industry of which is ignored here in south africa, School health programme are necessity as we can experience most learners who suffers from different condition more expecial chronic ones. To get this kind of upgrade is very encouraging to this stressful industry of nursing without working tools.

By Molita R

May 1, 2020

I was really sad to know about so many problems that children face and have in their lives and we as parents and educators are not aware of it. today i am happy that i got to know of these problem areas and the basic solutions to it. the course was easy to understand and very informative.

By Rosalind A

The course has been well structured and easy to follow through. I have learned many skills on how to handle children with asthma, allergies, diabetes and seizures in school. I am confident that I can manage the situation with the action plan and guide provided in the course.

By Sonja B

Aug 20, 2020

The material was presented in a clear and easy to understand way. I particularly appreciated that the videos were short, I could do them in between my other work. The YouTube videos were also very helpful. The reading resources gave a wealth of information.

By Ike c v

Apr 30, 2019

The instructors was educating and very instructional. The instructors were professional and delivered the lectures in a very simplistic method that anyone with interest in learning can learn and be fully engaged.

By SNEHA C S

Jun 14, 2020

Wow! Its a great knowledge achievable course i had. Now i have greater awareness about the problems and diseases which child faces in their school time. How we have to give importance and do the neddful.

Thanks a lot for the wonderful session.

By AMANDA J

Oct 30, 2020

The lessons were very informative, easily understood and the presentations were attractive. I would be much grateful for all the lectures and support staff, for their endless endeavours to make this course a success. Thank you so much.

By Donna R S

Apr 17, 2020

Excellent information for school nurses. The videos are well organized. Some links for the reading material is not working. I would recommend for Coursera to update the required reading section for this course.

By DIANA C R A

Oct 10, 2020

By Vanessa G

Oct 3, 2020

The content of this course have been very beneficial to me and i have learnt a lot. I intent to apply this knowledge when school reopens to help my colleagues and student.

By Liliana O

Dec 4, 2019

Excelente curso, aun que tengo conocimientos de enfermería, aprendi muchas cosas que no sabia; como actuar antes situaciones. me gusta lo practico que es este curso

By Divine D

Aug 9, 2020

The course was delivered well with a lot of good resources to aid in understanding how to manage asthma, allergies, diabetes and seizures in schools.

By Huong Q

Oct 31, 2019

It's a useful course! I think the approaching and managing diseases in School is very important. And you can find something in this course.

By Cynthia H M

Apr 29, 2020

It would help me if there was a way to look at the downloaded resources prior to listening to the video as well as reviewing the resources