Back to Marketing in a Digital World

This course examines how digital tools, such as the Internet, smartphones, and 3D printing, are revolutionizing the world of marketing by changing the roles and practices of both firms and consumers. Marketing in a Digital World is one of the most popular courses on Coursera with over 250,000 Learners and is rated by Class Central as one of the Top 50 MOOCs of All Time (https://www.class-central.com/report/top-moocs/). The course was initially launched in 2015, and has been updated in April 2020. This course is part of the iMBA offered by the University of Illinois, a flexible, fully-accredited online MBA at an incredibly competitive price. For more information, please see the Resource page in this course and onlinemba.illinois.edu....

SN

Jun 28, 2020

This is my first course in Coursera and I loved it explicitly. Professor was kind, I loved his way of delivering lectures.Easy explanation and numbers of examples help me understand better.\n\nThanks.

Oct 09, 2019

With no prior knowledge of digital marketing, this course helped me to understand all the basic concepts and enhance my interest in marketing field. I have already enrolled myself into another course.

101 - 125 of 3,355 Reviews for Marketing in a Digital World

By Helen A

Feb 14, 2018

I enjoyed taking this course.

My profession is not Marketing but I have decided to learn about it since everything is turning digital.

In my line of business I am also searching for digital media attention and trying to reach more targeted clients. I take care of my web page, Facebook and Instagram accounts. It has been done on try and error. Now I want to be able to do more and definitely better.

Helena Abbo

By Saeed M

Jun 26, 2020

i dont know if other courses are the same, but what really amazed me here that there was different ways of recieving information, either by videos with the instructor Aric , reading articles, quick quizes, required and optional assignments, making different ways of learning make the learning path not boring and that was enjoyment for me, its not just videos and videos , its mixed ways of learning thats what i loved it

By Hammad R

Jul 08, 2020

I learned about Four P's back in my O-levels and those Four P's were outdated ones because of the digitization in the world. The course has enabled me to upgrade my knowledge about Four P's by analyzing the examples of well-known companies. Professor Aric's teaching style is way more than excellent as he demonstrated all the concepts in a clear and concise way. Looking forward to learn more from Coursera courses.

By Lena S

A really great course. I learned a lot and the course was logically structured. The scope was large, but not too much. I thought it was very good that you had to write practical exercises and essays. This definitely deepens the knowledge better than "just" quiz questions. The way the professor presented was very easy to understand and you could listen really very well. Interesting course! Thank you. 5 / 5 stars!

By Hristina B

Nov 19, 2017

Excellent course, with very interesting topics, contemporary examples and case studies, and a really good way of structuring the information. Prof. Rindfleisch is a highly intelligent person, who is able to present even the most complicated matters in an understandable and practical way. Inspiring and very useful for my job and as a general source of knowledge focused on digital marketing. Highly recommended!

By Ravi S

Jun 05, 2017

Great Course, Great Content and Great Teacher.

I really liked every minute i spent on this course. Learned a lot and highly recommended for a Working professional, As it only takes few hours a week. I happen to complete some modules in 2 days time, with easy and intuitive learning method of Prof. Aric

For Prof Aric : I love to meet you in person some day, and would like to congratulate you for this great course

By Mustafa A M

Apr 20, 2020

I benefited a lot from this course, it was the most wonderful to me, I did not have a broad idea about digital marketing, now I have enough information to study and promote a product and choose the price and location style according to the strategies and tools I studied.

Thanks to the University of Illinois for accepting me in this course. I wish you all the best and best progress.

By 18UCMA268

Jul 04, 2020

The course was really amazing and i was able to understand each and every word of it. Professor Aric Rindfleisch made it a clear cut way to understand the course in every bits and pieces. The assignments i did was very challenging and appealing. I liked the way of grading the assignments by reviewing our fellow mates assignment. It is a way more approaching. I look forward to learn more with COURSERA

By Priyam S

Apr 12, 2020

This is an absolutely essential and wonderful course for people who need to brush up their marketing concepts and apply them in real-world case studies in the digital world. The way the course instructor taught the course made me so much keen towards applying to Gies Business School in the future. The peer-graded concept of marking case study allowed people to constructively learn from each other.

By Podshivalova I

May 15, 2020

It was fantastic experience, absolutely new for me, as I never had a chance to participate in American education! Everything was perfect - video with good quality and sound, good professor loving his work, nice visualization, subtitles. You also can see the progress of your study. Testing and peer-graded Assignment are very useful type of assessment. I learned a lot for sure. Thank you very much!

By Gamze Ö

May 07, 2020

I am very happy and satisfied about this course, the lessons and examples are very interesting.

But i must add that this course is not a detailed Digital Marketing course. It is basically about just Marketing 4Ps , which Dr. Aric also mentions that it wont be an intense one. So they provide what they say and i am happy with it.

And also i enjoyed listening to Dr. Aric, he is a nice professor.

By Eunice C

May 15, 2020

One of the best courses I've done on Coursera. The lectures are really interesting and packed with great case studies. The quizzes are useful in helping to synthesize the learnings. It really helped to have the lecture notes typed out nicely in PDF for easier reviewing (some people learn better visually rather than aurally). Also, the honours assignment were really fun and thought-provoking.

By BANGKOLO G U

Jun 25, 2020

I am so grateful for Professor Aric Rindfleisch for the excellent course content and very good and lively presentations.

I have been equipped with a full knowledge of how digital tools impact marketing in our today world. With digitization rapidly take over traditional ways of working they could never have been better time for me to take this course.

Thanks Cousera for this wonderful platform

By Rakesh K

Jun 24, 2020

Was an eye-opener in many sense. Through this course, learned about a lot of brands & services, which we normally would have not got exposed to.

After the initial slow start to the course, it slowly became additive at times to complete the assignments and review as much assignments as possible to help fellow batch mates. Eagerly waiting to start the next course soon.

Thank you Prof. Aric!!!

By Eleonora P

Mar 19, 2020

I am very far from the world of marketing, my education has nothing to do with it. This course was very informative and interesting for me. I touched something unknown, but so fascinating. Already eager to join the next course on marketing. Thanks to this platform for such an opportunity to study at leading higher educational institutions and to get acquainted with the latest information

By Seyedeh S B

Jun 20, 2020

The material is pretty up to date. The lectures are very well structured and well presented. The examples and academic studies were pretty informative. The quizzes are a great way to recap each part of the material. The assignments are also a great way to put the lessons into practice as well as to recap/reinforce the material. It is a great addition to the basic Marketing Mix concept.

By Pavithra S

Feb 05, 2019

I really enjoyed spending time in this course. I get to know so many new concepts. This course was more than amazing I should say. The syllabus and data was very informative. Interesting case studies, assignments that I admired a lot. Thank you coursera for giving me this opportunity to learn this course with financial aid. Finally thank you professor Aric for such enlightening classes.

By Madeleine G

Jul 05, 2017

Really good course, I enjoyed every bit of it. The lectures are simple and full of interesting facts. I loved the case studies that were very concrete and real, the professor makes you work with real data and that makes you feel like you're working in our world! Not too theoretical, everything is applicable to real life. Content really corresponds to what I was expecting. Really good!!

By Andreea G

Oct 09, 2016

I really enjoyed taking this course. It was informative, interesting and I really liked its format. Every module has a series of reading references, besides the videos on the specific topic, so one can also do some additional reading to better understand the topic. Additionally, there are discussions with campus students or professors, that address the subject from another perspective.

By Anudeep.s

May 07, 2020

Since i have learned this course with my intrest on MBA.I get to know about the term "Marketing" in which it has many divisions and levels of marketing and the content was very clearful and understanding.and the assignments and case study was intresting,moreover the professor was muvh talented and the communication was easily recogonizing to me.I encourage everyone to take the course.

By Paula U

Feb 05, 2020

It describes really well the way brands promote themselves in the US. The way social media is affecting in a positive and negative way companies and their BRAND NAME.

A great course that will teach you how to promote your brand in a genuine way. How to be more concerned and creative ( innovate ) about the customers needs, how to engage and create a brand name with a CO-CREATIVE IMAGE.

By Giulia G

Feb 29, 2016

I did not a lot about marketing in general, and even less about digital marketing. Having started a business with a friend, with an archaeological background, I felt like in the middle of a dark forest. This course is really well organized, the concepts are well explained and you have really the chance to understand the subject with case studies and assignments. I strongly suggest it!

By Justin R

Apr 01, 2016

I give this course 5 stars! I learned a lot and I like the hands on activities. The only thing I would change is how the assignments are graded. I know that they're graded by our peers but I don't think that everyone knows how to correctly grade assignments. I received some low scores and I disagree with them. I answered all of the questions with enough detail to be at least "good."

By karen c g k

Nov 18, 2017

Highly recommended! You don't know what you don't know until you pick up the knowledge through this course. Totally worth for the money and time spent. I particularly like the assignments which I think it's a very good brainstorming section and a best way to remember what has been taught in the course. I'll definitely continue with the rest of the digital specialisation courses.

By M. M C A

Apr 06, 2020

I learnt lot about digital marketing which is totally new topic for me at first.Now at beginner level I have learnt more and more relevant to the topic.The lessons they have provided is clear and easy to understand. Exercise and assignments helps me to test myself how much am clear about the topic.Thanks Illinois University for helping me to learn with much interest and love.