Back to Marketing in a Digital World

This course examines how digital tools, such as the Internet, smartphones, and 3D printing, are revolutionizing the world of marketing by changing the roles and practices of both firms and consumers. Marketing in a Digital World is one of the most popular courses on Coursera with over 250,000 Learners and is rated by Class Central as one of the Top 50 MOOCs of All Time (https://www.class-central.com/report/top-moocs/). The course was initially launched in 2015, and has been updated in April 2020. This course is part of the iMBA offered by the University of Illinois, a flexible, fully-accredited online MBA at an incredibly competitive price. For more information, please see the Resource page in this course and onlinemba.illinois.edu....

MS
Jun 23, 2020

Very interesting perspective, way different from the general marketing courses available. The course covers new and emerging dimensions of the digital world. Love to attend more courses. All the best!

Oct 8, 2019

With no prior knowledge of digital marketing, this course helped me to understand all the basic concepts and enhance my interest in marketing field. I have already enrolled myself into another course.

76 - 100 of 4,155 Reviews for Marketing in a Digital World

By Ron C

Jan 13, 2018

Good course overall. It was honestly a ton of good information, and the allowance to review each others work was good. I think most people paying for this genuinely want to learn and despite the low price tag, its a very good way to learn. I felt incentivized throught out. Thank you. I would only say that even after only a few years, the course needs to be updated to reflect differences in technology.

Red Laser is not around anymore, and has become kind of irrelevant, but I still think it provided a lot of value. Even in terms of failures :) Thanks a lot!

By jayant s

Sep 29, 2016

As it is an introductory course, one would not expect an in depth coverage and considering the fact that the course would have had students with varying levels of prior knowledge/experience, it was a good course. If you are already into marketing, it gives you an opportunity to re-visit the basics and presents interesting case studies. If you have no background in Digital Marketing, this is one of the best places to get started. Looking forward to course 2 of the specialization. A big Thank You to professor Aric and his assistant. Happy Learning!

By Vincent A C

Jan 27, 2020

I've started the Digital Marketing Specialization course and am impressed, so far. Not only is the material a real college course that's part of the U of I business school, but it's also filling me in where my marketing classes left me wanting in the digital age we're in now. This certificate will be a definite plus to my already acquired M.B.A. I got my B.A. in 2013 and just got my M.B.A. in 2019 and past marketing classes only surveyed Digital Marketing. This actually feels like a Graduate Certificate course, less the over-priced tuition!

By Nida z

Jun 28, 2020

I am final year student of Mehran UET, jamshoro Pakistan. I visited coursera many times but due to paid courses I didn't take advantage of any of the course. Now a days due to Covid-19 situation my university provided us to take coursera courses for free and then I got this amazing course of Marketing in Digital World by Aric Sir. I must say the course was amazing and I am really very lucky that I got this course and avail the opportunity to learn from the wonderfull university teacher. I will try to take one more course from this university.

By Kush A G

Aug 6, 2020

Thank you, Sir. I am not competent to comment about you, but I can say for myself. Your teaching style and lecture delivery are the best I have seen, and I have attended quite a few good courses.

The course was very well designed. What I like was the ideas presented educated us much beyond the scope of the course. For example, a 3-D printer, in my opinion, till today, was a very basic concept. To my surprise, I found out that this was a must-buy for any small industry, which uses small products and parts, like nails, screws, blocks, etc.

By Diego o c

Nov 1, 2020

Excellent Course I love it! the course is very inmersive, during the course you get a lot of new skills, tactics and strategies of digital marketing, besides you learn a lot by learning the stories of achivements and mistakes of marketing by some of the most powerful brands worldwide, amazon, tesla, cocacola, adobe, and manny others, strategies on social media, the course takeoff the blindfold, tunnel vision and open a new landscape for marketers. I really recomend it for marketers working with important brands and small bussinesses.

By Raman P R

Dec 12, 2019

I enjoyed the course right from the very first day. The lectures by Professor Professor Aric Rindfleisch is wonderful. I am very happy with the course and it has provided me with so much confidence in the digital marketing area and this motivates me to enroll for its iMBA course which I will join soon. This online course also has motivated me to continually study and keep my knowledge up to date in order to meet the demanding challenges down the road. My sincere thanks to Professor Aric Rindfleisch for making the course interesting.

By MD. I I

Jul 18, 2020

As someone who is completely new to marketing, this course really helped me understand how marketing in a digital world truly works and will continue to evolve in the future. Thank you to Mr. Rindfleisch for being such an awesome character and a lecturer, watching your videos truly puts a smile on my face every time. Also thank you to my peers for being supportive in the discussion forums and thank you to the whole team. I suggest anyone who wants to learn about digital marketing, start from this course. It will help you immensely.

By Andrea C R

May 16, 2020

I LOVED this course! I didn't know what to expect at the beginning, honest, thought it was going to be long, painful and boring but OMG I got so into it! Professor Aric Rindfleisch provided fresh, modern examples of very popular companies and others that i didn't know but I´m so glad I found.

SO MUCH useful information and resources during his lectures.

Great reading material.

And the best of all, Aric made marketing concepts so easy to grasp and I really enjoyed the assigments. Cant wait for the next course in this specialization.

By Sunitha G

Sep 1, 2017

A great learning experience. I gained a lot of insights on how to apply the 4 Ps of marketing in the digital world.The first of the courses in the specialisation,this course sets the tone for the remaining courses.The teaching methods are very simple and easy to apply.The assignments give us an opportunity to deeply delve into the subject and put forward our views.Would highly recommend to anybody who wants a greater understanding of using digital tools effectively in the marketing world.Thank you for providing me that opportunity.

By Tanasha W L A

Oct 30, 2020

I had a wonderful time exploring the information in this course and learning from it as well. It is a privilege that I have been able to attend and the course was easy to understand and interesting. I especially loved working on the case studies and the honors assignments. Being able to do peer assessments enabled me to see and understand the perspective of other students who would have been learning the same topics as me.

A special thanks to Professor Aric for being so easy to understand and awesome! You make learning great!

By Nusrat J

Nov 5, 2020

This course was helpful for me to gain insights on Marketing Mix in the digital world, and how we can leverage these with digital medium. I learned about 3D printing, Doppelgängers effect, different placement strategies, the term sharing economy, customer co-creation strategy, and the companies associated with it. These whole thing helped me to shape my thoughts on how I can use these whole new concept in my future marketing aspect. Thanks to Rindfleisch Sir for explaining all these concepts so beautifully, and elaborately.

By Andrea T

Oct 23, 2020

This was an excellent course, so insightful. I thoroughly enjoyed the teaching techniques of the lecturer Mr Aric Rindfleisch. He made the journey very interesting and the course has opened my mind and made me so much more aware of Digital Marketing techniques. I've learned a lot. I'm not a marketing professional but have always had a strong interest in marketing due to my love of 'branding' and experience in Graphic Design. As result of finishing this course I've made the leap to start Marketing in an Analog world.

By Pankaj K S

May 15, 2020

Aric Rindfleisch is a wonderfully engaging presenter, very easy to listen to and the course was just the right mix of theory, practical demonstration and anecdotes.

The content can be related not only to speech therapy but also to events and situations we face in our daily professional life. It leaves you with a real feel-good factor.

Great presentation style with lots of real-life examples which made for a really enjoyable and informative training. This has more than met my expectations.

By Mohammad A

Jul 13, 2020

As someone that didn't know anything about marketing, I found this course a nice basic introduction into it and it always managed to stay fresh and fun. It covers the current topics of digital marketing pretty well but honestly doesn't go much beyond that, which I am pretty sure changes in the next courses, but I felt the need to mention it as you are someone looking for instant social media analysis and want immediate feedback, I suggest reading the overview first as this course might not be what you're looking for.

By Saurabh V

Sep 8, 2020

This is really a great course for all the marketing enthusiast to begin with , It just not only refreshes the concept of marketing mix in simple and interesting manner but refine our understanding of those mix in digital world, and makes the road to further sharpen the skill, I would really thanks to Professor Aric Rindfleisch for making us understand all the modules with so much ease, thanks to his flawless presentation skill with great illustrations , I thoroughly enjoyed all the sessions in all the modules,

By SAURABH S

Mar 26, 2020

The course faculty and quality of content including (videos, assignment ,reading materials) is absolutely brilliant. I was a complete beginner and have very little knowledge about marketing in a digital world.

Now, I can confidently say that my knowledge level have definitely increased and I have learned various new concepts about marketing medium and tools.

I will recommend this course to every new beginner who want to know about new age digital marketing and lots more.

Keep your good works going Coursera!

By Kerdia J

Nov 9, 2020

High quality content! The moment I started watching the videos I was impressed with the ease of understanding Aric, the professor. His tone, rate of speech, the way he presents the material, the change in scenery and the bits of entertainment in between, are amazing! Wow this is one the best courses I've done with Coursera!! This course challenged me at times, but in a good way. It really made me think, doing the written evaluations. I understand why it is in the Top 10 Specialization list. Superb course!!

By Anna K S

Apr 3, 2017

The syllabus is adequate, suitable for introducing digital marketing.

Videos are all right, with a good selection of interviewed professionals. Transcripts are very useful to have under the videos, however, there are mistyped and misheard words here and there. It is useful to see the time needed for each task (video, reading, excercise), though it is nearly always underestimated (even the videos).

Examples chosen for excercises are interesting and motivating. I like this active way of learning.

By Brian G

Nov 30, 2020

I really enjoyed myself while taking this course. It has been nearly 20 years since I have taken any kind of classes, and I've discovered that online learning suits me perfectly. I can go at my pace, which is great.

This course was very well done by professor Rindfleisch. Clear and engaging lecture videos, mixed with the right amount of interesting reading assignments and quizzes to help break things up. I even enjoyed the Honors Assignments, as I enrolled in the course for personal enrichment.

By Tijana R

Jun 5, 2020

This course helped me to refresh my knowledge regarding marketing that I had gained a long time ago. The course was very well organized - it covered all the main topics in a simple way, provided very interesting and helpful assignments that actually opened crucial questions for further research and encouraged cooperation among course students. Technical support was responsive and very efficient. A warm recommendation for everyone, even for people who want to start learning about marketing.

By Avadhut P

Jun 21, 2020

It was an enriching experience. i thank the entire team for such an awesome experience.

It was a great idea to incorporate the academic research articles in every module.

This was a great value addition.

The offering may be segmented as a concept based one and a research based one.

The research based module may increase collaborative research opportunities for bot the participants and the instructors. Thus the cross cultural differences may be examined, analysed and published

Thanks again

By Ross B

May 1, 2020

Really good. I liked the thought provoking format of the case exercises which made me think deepr about the business aspects and help to show case my creativity beyond the multiple choice answers.

Still surprised to see the amount of plagiarised answers. Ultimately this is nothing related or to discredit the high quality of this course rather an issue that I´m sure Coursera will resolve for all courses as the peer review section should only include relevant responses from real students.

By Rajlaxmi

Aug 25, 2020

First of all, thank you Coursera and Prof Aric Rindfleisch for inducting me into this program. The course captured the new age elements of digital marketing and it gave me a chance to learn at the latest. What I really liked about this course is the seamless transition from old age marketing principles and how it is now in the present-day world. I intend to apply my knowledge from here in the day to day work goals. Thank you. looking forward to joining another interesting course!

By SHARIFAH L B S A

Sep 23, 2020

This is my third coursera course and it is my favorite so far! The course is very concise and includes successful and failed cases allowing students to study the marketing strategies under a more holistic lens. For those who would like to learn more, the additional reading materials were also relevant and very insightful about today's emerging trends and news.

I'd definitely recommend this course to a friend and will be continuing with the next course in this specialisation.