Back to Mindfulness in Integrative Healthcare

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mindfulness in Integrative Healthcare by University of Minnesota

By the end of this course, you will be able to assess when mindfulness may be helpful for your patients or clients, educate them about its potential benefits, and refer them to mindfulness programs and resources. To begin, you will explore what mindfulness is (and is not) through presentations and direct experience. You will also learn about the research supporting the benefits (and risks) of mindfulness for various conditions, as well as how to identify contraindications. Finally, you will learn about the benefits of this practice for you as a busy healthcare provider. Continuing Education Credit This course has been designed to meet Minnesota Board of Nursing continuing education requirements for 10 contact hours and may be eligible for CE credit from other professional boards that allow self-documenting of continuing education activities. It is your responsibility to check with your regulatory board to confirm this course meets your local requirements and, if necessary, to provide them with the certificate of completion you get if you pay for and fulfill all the requirements of this course....

JO

Aug 04, 2020

My heartfelt gratitude for this once in a lifetime learning about Mindfulness in Integrative Healthcare. God bless University of Minnesota professors of the course through Coursera!

NH

Mar 01, 2020

Thank you to all the instructors for sharing this course on mindfulness practice and how to use it to benefit oneself and also to help others who are in need. Thank you

1 - 25 of 50 Reviews for Mindfulness in Integrative Healthcare

By Sreenath. K

May 13, 2020

Wonderful experience. I am a yoga practitioner, and I used mindfulness as an intervention as part of my Ph.D. work among HIV infected adults. This particular information added a lot to my knowledge in mindfulness, especially I read that people experience depression after practicing mindfulness/yoga. I had a question in mind about why depression scores are going, and this course answered it. Thanks to instructors for leading this course with a lot of case examples, interviews, and theoretical knowledge.

By Christa R V

Sep 17, 2020

Excellent exploration of the topic. I'm an experienced mindfulness practitioner, but I learned a great deal about advising clients about mindfulness, exploring the different specialized types of practices, and especially the research around effectiveness. I recommend this class to healthcare and wellness providers and to serious students of mindfulness for personal practice.

By L. M

Nov 19, 2019

Great Courses. A lot of overlap with guided Imagery. All of the courses in this specialization are fantastic! The only frustrating aspect is the peer-review which can take quite a while to receive. Students work at different paces. I strongly recommend that students save all readings and video presentations or future reference!

By Marwa M

Jan 02, 2020

I liked this course very much, and I learned a lot from it, I got a lot of references and sites that will benefit me, this course will benefit me a lot in my masters, and I decided that I keep practicing mindfulness daily after this course.

Thanks a lot for this great opportunity

By María G R B

Aug 24, 2020

I loved this course. I learned a lot and the best part was being able to practice myself the experience of doing mindfulness for many different things. I am so happy with the video shared in the class. I enjoyed so much doing and learning this course.

By Eqbal A

Jun 05, 2020

This course on mindfulness was of high quality and distinctive, preferably if there were courses on cognitive behavioral therapy with alertness and that it has sections to deal with each disorder separately. Thanks for your great effort

By Eleonora D S

Jan 15, 2020

The approach of this course on Mindfulness, leaves no doubt of what it really means and the impact in a persons life. It is very well explained and leaves a solid foundation to develop for ones self and as a therapys. I loved it

By Anjali P

Apr 21, 2020

It was an amazing experience to learn to look at your self with a new perspective.STOP is a great strategy.Simple tool like breathing has great potential.This could be healing for self and patients.Surely a new you in yourself.

By Giorgia A

Jul 17, 2020

Mindfulness in Integrative Healthcare helped me to understand all aspects off mindfulness. Most importantly it gave me the resources and knowledge for me to be able to share benefits and contradiction of this powerful practice

By Nicola J

Mar 15, 2019

Such an interesting and potentially life-changing course. I shall continue with my own mindfulness practice as I gained much benefit from it during this short course. My thanks to the educators and course organisers.

By LUIS S A

Sep 16, 2020

One of the most complete MF courses. Not only videos and displays options but studies and scientific publications are available during the course and as resources. Really good option for further studies.

By Büşra T

Jul 11, 2020

I really like the course. I am a psychology student and sometimes, I feel exhausted and mindfulness might be helpful for my burnouts and anxiety. Thanks for the instructors this wonderful course <3

By Jocelyn C O

Aug 04, 2020

By Ng S H

Mar 01, 2020

By Amanda A

Mar 14, 2020

This was a great experience, I've learned so much about mindfulness! It gave us a lot of pratical tips, how to really apply on our daily lives and work places.

By Ana K E B

Excellent course for starting to meditate and to develop guided meditation. It helps you to know which resources are helpful to keep developing mindfulness.

By Gandi M p

Aug 03, 2020

I definitely recommend this course, it was very informative and thought-provoking. This course is mainly intended for health care professionals.

By Balwinder K

Jul 04, 2020

I was easy, very handy information and a lots of links and references for further exploration and ongoing help. Thank you

By DFarhana B

Aug 30, 2020

An absolutely wonderful course. I really learned so much. Thank you for such an excellent and beneficial course.

By Neranjan

May 04, 2020

The importance of mindfulness has been explained in a clear manner. I learnt how to be mindful in daily life

By YSABELLA C B

Jul 17, 2020

It was great! The examples helped in making the stand on mindfulness clearer and more experiential :)

By Omar M S

Aug 27, 2020

Amazing, i have no word to describe how helpful and great structure this course is

By Rizlekica Z

Apr 21, 2020

Great course, both for personal growth and professional :)

Instructors were great.

By Christoph S

May 05, 2020

Truly excellent course: informative, comprehensive, effective. Thank you!

By Miriam S

Dec 17, 2019

Thank you for this course. It has opened up new horisons for me.