This course gives you a complete insight into the communication and managerial techniques put into practice in the creation of the most important sporting mega event in the world. You will learn about the essentials of television production, programming strategies and television rights management of the Olympic Games. At the same time, you will gain valuable knowledge about the fundamentals of communication via social media and of the Olympic culture which is so closely connected with classic culture and humanism.
The Olympic Games and the MediaUniversitat Autònoma de Barcelona
About this Course
Learner Career Outcomes
Learner Career Outcomes
Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
The Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB) is a public university located in the metropolitan area of Barcelona. International in its outlook, it is fully consolidated within its local surroundings, and offers quality education in close association with research activity, the transfer of scientific, technological, cultural and educational knowledge, the promotion of its human potential and the responsible management of available resources.
Frequently Asked Questions
When will I have access to the lectures and assignments?
Access to lectures and assignments depends on your type of enrollment. If you take a course in audit mode, you will be able to see most course materials for free. To access graded assignments and to earn a Certificate, you will need to purchase the Certificate experience, during or after your audit. If you don't see the audit option:
- The course may not offer an audit option. You can try a Free Trial instead, or apply for Financial Aid.
- The course may offer 'Full Course, No Certificate' instead. This option lets you see all course materials, submit required assessments, and get a final grade. This also means that you will not be able to purchase a Certificate experience.
What will I get if I purchase the Certificate?
When you purchase a Certificate you get access to all course materials, including graded assignments. Upon completing the course, your electronic Certificate will be added to your Accomplishments page - from there, you can print your Certificate or add it to your LinkedIn profile. If you only want to read and view the course content, you can audit the course for free.
Is financial aid available?
Yes, Coursera provides financial aid to learners who cannot afford the fee. Apply for it by clicking on the Financial Aid link beneath the "Enroll" button on the left. You’ll be prompted to complete an application and will be notified if you are approved. Learn more.
When can I request the certificate?
You can request the certificate at any time: before, during or once you finish the course.
Which information does include the certificate?
· The course name
· The instructor's signature
· The logo of the partner institution offering the course
· A verification URL that allows others to check the Certificate's authenticity
· A statement that Coursera has confirmed the identity of the learner who completed the course
Which information does not include the certificate?
· Academic credit from the partner institution offering the course
· The final grade you got in the course
· Your ID photo
· The hours you spent working on coursework
· A printed or mailed copy of the Course Certificate.
Certificates are provided as downloadable PDF files, which you can print yourself. You can also share them electronically.
Unfortunately, Coursera cannot provide course Certificates with any more information than they already include.
Is the certificate recognized for official credits at the UAB?
No. The certificate shows that the student has passed the course, but it is not an official qualification of the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona.
More questions? Visit the Learner Help Center.