Back to Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

MA

A wonderful course of prevention that I learned a lot from,\n\nUsing commands with Windows and Linux\n\nHow to deploy and install operating systems through the network and Alot\n\nThanks GOOOOOOOOOGLE

BO

Apr 02, 2019

This is my most favorite module module, especially the Linux, which is my all time favorite OS ever enjoy learning, working Programing, and configuring, and will continue enjoying til the end of time.

1726 - 1750 of 2,298 Reviews for Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

By Konstantina K

Mar 05, 2018

I would give the full five stars if I didn't have to go through a lot of troubleshooting for many of the lab exercises. Other than that, an amazing hands-on course that doesn't just explain the theory without any real examples.

By Zohra G

Jun 30, 2020

I am interested to work with OS using Windows and Linux and slove troubleshooting as an IT specialist. Anyway, I have challenged this course but I come over it. I got a lot of experience and move forward to the next course.

By Bethany W

Jul 16, 2020

Great course! A LOT of valuable information on OS. I am now able to understand what is going on in the Powershell/CLI while I am working in the GUI. The instructors were very detailed and the chat help staff is wonderful!!

By Brendan M

Jul 03, 2018

I need to review the videos, i think. so much information doesn't make sense to me at this point. I feel there were also some videos where important information was glossed over or left out. Perhaps I was just overwhelmed.

By Polsak M

Mar 03, 2018

I think the instructor "cindy" teach very well in this course but the qwiklabs have to be improve in many ways because it is very slowly when giving the points when you work with windows qwiklabs on virtual instances.

By Cody S

Feb 28, 2018

Please replace Qwiklabs with something more reliable. Half the time I had to re-do the labs because even though I did the right steps, it didn't register or grade it. The content was great but the labs were awful.

By Clint M

May 17, 2019

Was a little difficult, but learned a lot. Definitely recommend this to anyone wanting to know more in-depth knowledge on Windows and Linux. Thorough information on Powershell for Windows and Terminal for Linux.

By Dennis F

Aug 24, 2018

This course information itself is great. Gives Windows or Linux users a good overview of an OS and each of those OS if you are more familiar with one and not the other. The Qwiklabs could use some improvements.

By Nora R

Sep 09, 2020

This course was very enlightening, intriguing, frustrating and rewarding. I do feel the Linux instruction could have added more command information but all-in-all this is a wonderfully challenging course.

By Keith B

Jul 04, 2020

I love it very much just wish for it to have a platforms where you can access linux/windows to practice on it rather than test out first from the OS for the first time for testing very tough for I made it.

By Varun M J

May 15, 2018

Great course, content wise. Well made and delivered. However, Coursera and Qwiklabs needs to fix the bugs plaguing the VM instances, and the signals from the lab to coursera where the scores dont reflect.

By Clinton B

Mar 18, 2019

The course was great and very challenging for me. Their are a lot of command prompts to remember. I would defiantly recommend this course to personnel that want to improve their foundation in the world.

By Bee V

Jun 04, 2018

Should of separate the lessons in a way where it compliments one another. Windows by itself and Linux by itself instead of mixing it one after another (Windows then Linux). But either way, good videos

By Donna C

Mar 12, 2019

great instructor, Cindy is very easy to listen to and explains thing well. The lab experience could be better. I had issues with some of them. but overall its an enjoyable course and I learned a ton.

By Mohammed P A

Sep 26, 2019

Gained more knowledge about inside workings of the Operating Systems.

The Last QwikLab was not set up properly for Windows and Linux.

Both final labs left a not so pleasant impression about them.

By Mafia C

Jul 12, 2018

This course is challeneging but very helpful. All of the labs helps put the lectures to practice and I think there is no other way to to improve your command skills other than hands-on practice.

By Christopher C

Mar 03, 2018

The instructors and course designers did a great job. There are still a few issues with the labs, I really wish they were better because its the best method I've seen for this kind of training.

By Richard K

May 02, 2018

Very nice course! I like the fact that there were no peer reviews. All in all a very informative course. I just wish that they would make the linux optional or part of a different course...

By Bryan K

Apr 08, 2018

I am giving this course 4 stars because so many of the labs were so glitchy. Seems like Quicklabs have gotten those issues fixed though. I learned a lot about Linux CLI and Shell in Windows.

By Wales B N

Feb 26, 2020

Thanks Google Coursera, interesting course, struggled alittle on the linux part, still trying to get a grips on the Linux OS. Thanks again for this opportunity, I am indeed very very grateful

By Lance A

Feb 09, 2019

Really appreciated the amount of labs (more please!), felt the practice quizzes could have been more rigorous, by the time I'd gotten to some of the lab tasks, I'd forgotten certain commands.

By Sherice M

Sep 20, 2018

This course was a lot of information to take in. It really gave a good look into the Linux system which I had never seen before this course. Starting to get more comfortable with that system.

By Rahul S Y

Jan 29, 2020

Good course for beginners, not much into technical depth of Linux much, but it's expected that you delve deep yourself. That's how IT goes, figuring out yourself is the key to tech support.

By Ivan E E

May 22, 2020

Good information ... but a course with too much information for those who have no knowledge of OS Linux and can make it overwhelming for many ... Pencil and paper to write everything down.

By Spencer Y

Dec 30, 2019

This was a bit difficult for me learning about CLI, because I have never had a formal way of learning this. But I made it through and the exposure was definitely worth it for future use.