Back to Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

JA

Jun 22, 2019

Great course, lots of very challenging and useful information. You'll learn about Linux and some of the inner workings of Windows, plus lots of tools and programs that are really useful. Great course!

BO

Apr 02, 2019

This is my most favorite module module, especially the Linux, which is my all time favorite OS ever enjoy learning, working Programing, and configuring, and will continue enjoying til the end of time.

1801 - 1825 of 2,318 Reviews for Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

By Jasmit B

May 07, 2020

such amazing and great course it was I have learnt very important and useful things. And now I can utilize those in my job. Thank you coursera.....

By Josh S M

Feb 15, 2018

The content is great, there are still some issues with the qwiklab interface, but once these issues are ironed out the course will be well worth it

By Rosanne D

Feb 27, 2018

Overall a decent intro, but the Linux info is based solely on Ubuntu, and some things taught in this course will not be applicable to all distros.

By Ryan L M

Jul 24, 2020

Working with windows is easier than Linux. I would need to log WAY more hours with Linux to feel more comfortable using it in the way I had here.

By Daxton M

Jun 21, 2020

The only problems I really had were doing some qwiklabs. After I would do some of the required material it wouldn't give me credit for doing it.

By Matthew M

Sep 25, 2019

Nice teacher. Some of the material is very dense and tbh could take years to fully absorb. Good work Google for creating this condensed version.

By Jabraun A

Oct 08, 2020

Very intense took a lot out my soul to complete this one. But I'm up for the challenge and ready to go on to the next. Forward into the fray!!!

By Ruben A

Sep 20, 2019

It's sad all the instructor have the same tone. Even the jokes seems to be read off a screen. A little more personality would be appreciated .

By Satyanand K

Sep 17, 2020

One of the labs with Linux partitioning was extremely difficult and it if wasn`t for the qwiklabs assistance I would have never gotten it.

By Alfredo M

Aug 25, 2020

a lot of the Linx portions were tough, had to go back several times to check the commands, and searching for the errors in linx was rough.

By Destiny Y

Nov 17, 2019

I used to think I am good at Windows Operating System but I learnt through this course that I still need to learn more. I am happy I did.

By Jeremy G

Jun 19, 2020

The last exercise for the course was tough! But worthy in that it really made me commit to troubleshooting and thinking things through.

By shruthi a

It was a good course. The graded assignments could have been designed better. It was like simply copy-pasting the commands given there.

By Piper M

May 20, 2018

This so far was the most difficult course, because the commands are complex! But in the end, it left me feeling even more accomplished.

By eLiz

Jul 20, 2018

Great course, but a TON of information and topics are covered. I wish there were more exercises built in to give us more experience.

By Nick S

Aug 28, 2020

Although the information was presented clearly, I found it really hard to jump from GUI, to PowerShell, to Linux all really quickly.

By Nikolas G

Aug 05, 2019

Very challenging. Will be going through all of it again for sure. But happy to have learned this and look forward to the next course

By James W

Oct 07, 2020

Good module, the trick to get the interractive sessions to complete is to spend more than 5 mins on it even if it only takes you 2!

By John W W I

Mar 13, 2019

Some of the commands for the labs are a bit outdated in terms of syntax or destination, but otherwise a pretty good overview of OS.

By Rushikesh R P

This course is the best to start from the basic knowledge of Operating Systems.We get enough about troubleshooting our own device.

By Arman D

Apr 17, 2020

course content is good but commands are not provided during last week linuc assignment which is very problematic during assignment

By Carlos P

Apr 27, 2020

Very good course. The end of course exam was pretty tough. Especially the part where we had to figure out on our own. Good stuff.

By Jean S

May 18, 2019

Great overview of the Operating Systems. Only complaint I have is some of the labs need workarounds to get them to work properly.

By Djordje D

Feb 08, 2018

The only problem with this course are assessments. You must improve them, it is so frustrating to do all right but not get grade.

By Dom

Oct 25, 2020

There is a ton of material that was enjoyable and there was some frustrations with the labs but for the most part. Good job. :)