Back to Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

MA

A wonderful course of prevention that I learned a lot from,\n\nUsing commands with Windows and Linux\n\nHow to deploy and install operating systems through the network and Alot\n\nThanks GOOOOOOOOOGLE

BO

Apr 02, 2019

This is my most favorite module module, especially the Linux, which is my all time favorite OS ever enjoy learning, working Programing, and configuring, and will continue enjoying til the end of time.

1751 - 1775 of 2,302 Reviews for Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

By Rahul S Y

Jan 29, 2020

Good course for beginners, not much into technical depth of Linux much, but it's expected that you delve deep yourself. That's how IT goes, figuring out yourself is the key to tech support.

By Ivan E E

May 22, 2020

Good information ... but a course with too much information for those who have no knowledge of OS Linux and can make it overwhelming for many ... Pencil and paper to write everything down.

By Spencer Y

Dec 30, 2019

This was a bit difficult for me learning about CLI, because I have never had a formal way of learning this. But I made it through and the exposure was definitely worth it for future use.

By Nick M

Sep 14, 2020

I really liked the last graded assignments, as you had to use your notes and knowledge to complete them. I wish the other assignments didn't tell you exactly how to complete the lab.

By John S

Jun 07, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. The instructor was entertaining and the material was explained well. The labs could have been a bit more challenging, but they were useful nonetheless.

By Alexander K

Jul 07, 2020

I think that it would be good to make more of the course module based. Also, highlighting each section with real world examples would be helpful in grounding some abstract concepts.

By Jayson C

Jan 17, 2020

Awesome Course...had some issues with the labs, but the kind folks at quiklabs helped out with a little bit of persistence on my part. I learned a lot. And I liked the instructor.

By Jede B

Jul 22, 2020

The window package update in command line was a bit difficult to understand. In the supplemental reading - there are so many choices - it gets confusing and is very time consuming!

By Steven S

Apr 29, 2020

i like that they do not just let you blow through the weeks at the end they do test your knowledge and expect you to fix all the issues you learn about through the first 5 weeks!

By James P

Aug 09, 2020

overall this was a very good course. I already have experience in about 1/2 the material, but this course gave me a broader perspective and experience with the tools out there.

By ANJAN D

In this coure I have to gain lot of experince to Operating system.

But In week 6 Gradded assessment is very very difficult to solve, first, I'm not understrand what I have to do?

By Katherine S

Mar 22, 2019

It covered a lot of great material. The labs operation, and issues caused it to be a bit frustrating at times though. If the labs had run seamless, it would have been 5 stars.

By Robert S

May 20, 2018

Linux OS can be frustrating if you have had no exposure to it previously. I learned a lot about it. Windows OS came somewhat as a review, but I still picked up new knowledge.

By Mirza A

May 06, 2020

this is a good course to learn about OS. I really learn something new, especially about linux os and upgrade my knowledge about windows os especially how to use windows shell.

By Gabriel R

Sep 20, 2020

It's very interesting and provides much information on how to even fix your own devices and see how they can be improve. Still challenging and have to think outside the box.

By James E E

Jun 04, 2020

Some of the labs have rough documentation. The final assignments are a little into-the-deep-end. But that's ok. Lots of great info presented in an easily understandable way.

By Patrick S

Apr 08, 2018

I knew almost all of the Linux stuff already, and all the GUI stuff for Windows, but...the PowerShell introduction was great, I am really looking forward to using it more.

By Bárbara V C

Jan 17, 2019

Great course to troubleshoot OS related issues, but be careful when dealing with the Windows' Qwiklabs. Review each step and contact support if it's not giving you score.

By Rufus F R j

For all courses in the IT Support Professional Certificate, the Text accompanying the lecture videos need to be edited (cleaned up) to comport with the lecture videos.

By Briana C

Oct 11, 2018

This course is full of Labs. At the end they build on each other. The task are easy to complete but they do require you to have a basic understanding of systems first.

By Alex L

Aug 07, 2020

On Week 4 and 5 some videos stopped short from the end and the descriptions were not great. It was very difficult to follow and understand. The labs made up for it tho.

By Stephanie

May 31, 2018

Although, I liked the class and they give a good deal of info the qwiklabs and the issues I had with them on pretty much every lesson lessened the experience for me.

By Justin M

Feb 13, 2018

I learned a lot in this course however the labs need some serious work as they are very buggy and have lots of issues with grading as well as syncing up to coursera.

By Maxwell H

Jul 30, 2020

I think that this is really great material to learn and practice. I am though a little insecure of how I am going to find a job with this little hands on training.

By Frank B

Apr 20, 2020

A broad view of process management. Also tons of research resources for further studies. Fast-paced.

Could use more real-life scenarios and hands-on lab experience.