Back to The Manager's Toolkit: A Practical Guide to Managing People at Work

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Manager's Toolkit: A Practical Guide to Managing People at Work by University of London

The aim of this course is to give you a practical guide to managing people at work. It does not matter whether you are a first time manager in a shop or a middle manager in an office environment; the same skills apply to every work place. In the course you will engage with some HR theories and then see how they translate into every day working life. At the end of the course we hope you will be better equipped to choose a suitable employee, to motivate and appraise your team, to manage conflict in the work place and to lead and make decision on a day to day basis....

PA

Jun 22, 2017

it very helpful course for any manager to understand a team and also what factors will motivate them to perform well in organisation. it will also inculcate the habit of fairness with high

DC

May 06, 2017

This course has given me information and resources to add in my personal toolkit to better manage and aid my team to a better understanding and less conflict. Very practical information.

1 - 25 of 164 Reviews for The Manager's Toolkit: A Practical Guide to Managing People at Work

By Narendra S

Apr 13, 2019

An excellent course. Enhances skills of the managers to handle people effectively and using human resources efficiently to achieve the organizational and the individual employees' goals.

By Jérémie L

Aug 25, 2018

Sometimes a bit too academic in the questions, is it really important to know a study was published in a certain Harvard publication, or the name of the person who wrote the study?

By Simy R

Apr 10, 2019

I enjoyed the lectures from every professor. Excellent course for aspiring Managers or Small business owners.

By Natalie

Apr 10, 2019

An Excellent course, I was amazed at how much was included ! And actually enjoyed the quizzes as it gave me an opportunity to apply what I had learnt. I have never considered doing online learning before, but now I am on the look out for my next course!

By Rocio C S

Apr 25, 2019

very useful course!

By Elena S

Jan 23, 2019

Loved the example sit

By Luke I

Feb 04, 2017

Thank you for providing an excellent introduction to managing people at work. I have found some really good ideas and resources from this course that I will be using in my current job.

By Danilo L

May 15, 2019

Good content, good videos but it could be, at times, a little bit more practical, with concrete examples.

By Asma M S

Apr 28, 2019

this course is a wonderful start to learn about HR concept

By Dorothy L

Jan 24, 2017

Not a lot of interaction with other classmates. The material was a good refresher. Would have enjoyed more practical applications for homework. I thought there would be a bit more evidence based information as stated. Overall, good for newbies into management and a nice little refresher.

By natalie H

Oct 24, 2018

The content was rather dry, but it got more interesting towards the end. Lots of reading material was then directly covered in the video directly following, so it seemed a bit unorganized in that way. At the end of the course, I do not feel like I'm walking away with a toolkit on how to manage. I feel more so like I'm walking away with a new glossary of terms from most of the course. The most engaging and practical information I gained was during the HR, conflict and payment sections.

By Naemuddin A

Jan 16, 2019

Excellent course to understand various aspects of Managing People at Work.

By Prolay C

Jan 31, 2019

Excellent course

By Vishwajit S

Feb 01, 2019

very practical approach to learn managerial skills

By Arpit K

Mar 03, 2019

Excellent Course, Short, Crisp & lot of insights

By Ranjana S

Mar 10, 2019

Excellent course material, very well paced

By Abel B

Mar 31, 2019

It is a practical and interesting course, which challenges the previous held thinking that management and leadership cannot be taught. It helps also to grow one's analytical thinking with evidence based management and leadership theories. The educators are very good and the quizzes keep underscoring the most important points.

By Princey S

Mar 29, 2019

very good course it takes time to complete but it teaches you a lot.

By Himanshi S

Apr 09, 2019

the contents of the course is great.

Superb

By Julian K

Dec 12, 2018

Great course with full of learning!

By Vitor C

Dec 13, 2018

It has great views from justified points, although it has too much question about names and authors who can be useless to day-to-day.

By María d C O R

Feb 12, 2018

Muy bueno y accesible.

By Noe R

Dec 06, 2016

Excelent and complete course! Very well detailed and written.

By Felipe M G

Jul 30, 2017

I really like this course as it show many subjects that are useful to manage people at work in a very understandable way