Back to The Manager's Toolkit: A Practical Guide to Managing People at Work

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Manager's Toolkit: A Practical Guide to Managing People at Work by University of London

The aim of this course is to give you a practical guide to managing people at work. It does not matter whether you are a first time manager in a shop or a middle manager in an office environment; the same skills apply to every work place. In the course you will engage with some HR theories and then see how they translate into every day working life. At the end of the course we hope you will be better equipped to choose a suitable employee, to motivate and appraise your team, to manage conflict in the work place and to lead and make decision on a day to day basis....

PP

Aug 16, 2020

Excellent! The contents are great for any manager that want to make a significant job within any organization. Clear and key concepts for everyday activities. I enjoyed every single lesson. Thank you!

EP

Jul 23, 2020

This course has helped me a lot in understanding a lot of things about management. I highly recommend this to people who are managing people and to those who are interested in working with teams.

501 - 524 of 524 Reviews for The Manager's Toolkit: A Practical Guide to Managing People at Work

By Sejal

The concepts are good but the presentation is average. I personally enjoyed only the leadership, decision theory and performance management sections. The questionnaires for other sections are very poorly crafted.

By Julie M

Oct 24, 2018

I was hoping this would be something that I could apply immediately but for me it was a bit more theoretical and not practical. I found it interesting but not something I can apply immediately at work.

By Anand H

Jan 22, 2018

There were links that were recommended reading material, especially ones that pointed to a CIPD site. None of them opened. and despite raising it in forum, there was no response from instructors.

By Kyle W

Apr 01, 2020

A number of grammatical errors and contradictions in source materials. Additionally a number of source materials are no longer available. Overall however, it is a good overview course.

By Dunja V

Mar 07, 2017

The Course was fine. I would have rated it better if there were more practical examples, advice and real-life situations rather than so much theory.

By Alex A

Aug 24, 2020

Useful content but a very boring teaching style... Needs a better rhythm and more dynamic exercises to practice what you learn.

By Greg C

Sep 04, 2020

some charts on the presentation would be a good reinforcement to the course information.

By David W A

Jun 07, 2020

Not a particular engaging course, and not helped by typos in notes.

Informative.

By jakob H

Nov 29, 2019

Did only the quizes and still passed the course - not a very high level

By Gina D F

Not as good, engaging, or thorough as University of Michigan's.

By Samuel O

Jun 10, 2017

Plenty of great information that will help in the work area.

By Jonathan G

Mar 11, 2018

very engaging course. I learned a lot.

By Joanne K

Apr 03, 2020

A bit too uninteresting and too basic

By Daniele D P

Jun 03, 2020

This course was my first in Coursera. I have to say that the format is really good, with a mixture of videos, papers to read and quiz. But in this case, not all was good, and I think there is a huge lack of organization. In particular, there were a lot of paper so long and complicated. Probably it would be better to integrate/divide with some videos. Also I found some parts very academic: why we should remember all the pubblication so detailed? In the end I found less praticatal then expected. I will not buy the certificate, I am sorry.

By Michael S

Sep 13, 2020

Can't recommend this course.

It rarely manages to fill concepts with practical or real life implementations and examples.

Reading material is sometimes laughably bad, always provided with no clear objective as to what the aim is (one chapter links to an almost 200 page document). Videos contain outtakes and leave the impression that the first take that wasn't completely jinxed was used. Material contains many typos and generally leaves the impression of being quickly thrown together.

By Katharina B

Feb 09, 2020

There was some very interesting content in this course, however: I strongly feel that the reading should be updated. Also, a very annoying thing: the many spelling and grammar errors in the quizzes at the end of each week that sometimes make it difficult to understand the intention of the question.

By Shelli A

Jul 06, 2020

I learned very little from what i knew before. it's definitely a beginner course, and a lot of it is common sense. learned some new theories and ideas behind managing.

By Lana G

Mar 12, 2020

It’s called a practical guide, yet there’s a lot of theory and reading involved. I’m disappointed, I was expecting more examples

By Warren M H

Mar 22, 2020

Quite a dry and boring course. A lot of obvious content delivered in flowery language.

By Alessandro A

Aug 06, 2020

Course was very academic and not as practical as the title suggested.

By Alba V

Aug 21, 2016

I don't mean to be harsh, but this course is increibly boring and sluggish. The reading material is heavy, the lecturers speak so slowly and dispassionately that it's impossible to engage with the subject.

I'm sure that there is really good content here, but I couldn't find it.

By Jiazhi G

Aug 27, 2017

This course is lack of content. What's worse? The teachers just say all the sentences on their slides. A terrible teaching style with poor content. Please don't take this course. It's a waste of time.

By Inna L

Apr 24, 2020

Not a practical and very boring course.

By Rajan A