Back to Introduction to Personal Branding

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Personal Branding by University of Virginia

4.4

Though the concept of personal branding isn't new, questions remain about how to create one and, more importantly, what it means to maintain and inhabit that brand. Learners will: o Understand both what personal branding means and what it means to inhabit their brand o Establish themselves on at least three social media platforms o Create a mission statement for their personal brand o Build a board of directors for their brand o Become familiar with the basics of digital security and reputation management o Create a system for on-going brand maintenance Join instructor Kimberley R. Barker as she provides a warm, supportive atmosphere in which learners are encouraged to intensively explore themselves in order to create a personal brand that authentically and effectively communicates their values and professional gifts. Together we will build a strong community in which to provide encouragement and feedback, and support each other as learners pursue their goal of successful brand creation....

SI
Aug 29, 2020

Understanding and application of Personal Branding with the fundamental skills to build leadership skills in the personal branding success in business is very important in today's E-network business.

MH
Apr 20, 2020

Thank you, mam, for such a wonderful lecture. I will be trying to follow all of the advice. By the way in the lecture, I am trying to copy your communication style. And it's an amazing time for me.

2076 - 2100 of 2,175 Reviews for Introduction to Personal Branding

By Arnav J

Apr 15, 2020

Very informal (Not appreciated)

By Jagath P

Jul 26, 2019

The course was a bit too basic.

By Leticia F

Jan 4, 2021

I would have liked more depth.

By Jade D

Apr 26, 2020

simple.

By APURVA K

Jul 28, 2020

good

By Alwielland Q B

Jul 14, 2020

nice

By Banmeet S

Mar 10, 2019

good

By TONMAY K M

Aug 7, 2020

Ok

By Jiale J

Apr 22, 2020

It is helpful for beginners to view through. In terms of the courses, I think the reading links sometimes are more useful than the lectures. But I want to learn the major tips or skills directly from the speaker rather than from large extract readings. Additionally, I felt that the speaker wanted to make the lecture down-to-earth, but I think she spend too much time like charting and maybe 5-10% of the video was worthy. Anyway, it is a good start of personal branding.

By Saumya G

Course needs to be updated. Half the course was pretty basic information. We all know about apologizing and digital privacy. The twitter tutorial and google alerts tutorial made me feel like this course is meant for a much much older generation. Maybe focus more on the actual building of the brand or how to present your brand through a resume or job interview.

By Mariam I

Dec 27, 2020

Professor Barker is a great speaker/presenter. However, I ranked this course with 2 stars because the content of the course is pretty outdated, as it is recorded in 2015. Additionally, I do believe she could have made the course more interesting by providing more resources and further explaining the intricacies/details of Personal Branding.

By Ehren C

Apr 9, 2020

It was good for an introduction! I completed most of the coursework in one day and read the transcripts instead of the lectures because the videos included more time spent with filler content than actual tips. I think most of the course could be summarized in a few 15 minute lectures with summaries and links to the additional resources.

By Milos S

Jun 29, 2020

I liked the introduction. It gave me a different perspective on personal branding. But the rest was super basic.I feel like the course is aimed at people who have never used a social network before. It was also quite subjective. I expect Coursera content to be based on some reputable sources, not personal experience and blog posts.

By Rachael H

Dec 17, 2020

This is really really an intro and superficial infomation. It might get you motivated to work on your personal branding but there is a lot of missing information in this online course. I a lot of it I ready knew. A lot of the information I found in this online course you could have google and find also in anyone blog post..

By Yaneris

Dec 9, 2019

Only take this course if you have no education in marketing or communications, otherwise it is EXTREMELY basic. Also it's a bit old at this point, there is a suggested article from 2012 which is very outdated. If you are looking for very very basic info or you are new to social media, then go ahead.

By Quentin L

Feb 26, 2020

Interesting and the teacher has certainly very good instincts and great ideas.

However, it would have been beneficial to get more hard data and proven examples to give credibility to the content.

By Ignacio V

Nov 30, 2015

Very basic, no new material or ideas if you've been interested in the subject for a while, but it might give you a fresh perspective on how to present some subjects to your audience.