Back to Introduction to Personal Branding

Introduction to Personal Branding, University of Virginia

4.2

About this Course

Though the concept of personal branding isn't new, questions remain about how to create one and, more importantly, what it means to maintain and inhabit that brand. Learners will: o Understand both what personal branding means and what it means to inhabit their brand o Establish themselves on at least three social media platforms o Create a mission statement for their personal brand o Build a board of directors for their brand o Become familiar with the basics of digital security and reputation management o Create a system for on-going brand maintenance Join instructor Kimberley R. Barker as she provides a warm, supportive atmosphere in which learners are encouraged to intensively explore themselves in order to create a personal brand that authentically and effectively communicates their values and professional gifts. Together we will build a strong community in which to provide encouragement and feedback, and support each other as learners pursue their goal of successful brand creation....

By MM

Sep 11, 2018

An amazing stuff to address lot of the confusions related to personal attitude towards different things in this era of digital presence. Enroll if you really want to a lifelong learning experience!

By DP

Feb 18, 2016

Excellent course! The course made me think about how I should brand myself in the digital economy and which social media platforms would be best suited for me and my business. Thanks very much!

404 Reviews

By Shantanu Pant

Feb 15, 2019

In my opinion, the course could go deeper, but as an introduction, it is good, covers a wide variety of topics, and the teacher is extremely engaging.

By 逡巡

Feb 15, 2019

It is a good idea of thinking personal branding. Actually, people lived in past also have their ideas to promote themselves but we still need to find something more efficent in the digital world which may will make it eaiser or more difficult.

By Maryna Simanava

Feb 15, 2019

You need to renovate this course. Most data is too old

By Tamara Ashworth

Feb 11, 2019

Great information on personal branding.

By LUISANNY PARRA

Feb 08, 2019

Is great! i learned so many things and the teacher was excellent

By SANGARE Saindou

Feb 07, 2019

More important and so helpful. It's permit to know myself and how i can correct some usual imperct habit

By Jayla Ball

Feb 06, 2019

Amazing instructor! Very helpful and gave information that was very useful and vital to brand yourself/business.

By Sahar Musa

Feb 05, 2019

I thought I wouldn't complete it but the more I go the more I discover things I'm very interested to know about my true self and the way I want to approach the world. I recommend it to everyone interested in design, branding, entrepreneurship or marketing.

By Lauren Patrick

Feb 05, 2019

Excellent course. Really appreciated the exercises and easily digestible coverage of the content. Thank you, Kimberly :)

By Daniel tarlow

Feb 05, 2019

This course starts out well with some good basics on personal branding but once it moves into social media from the second week on wards the content is too old and out of date to be meaningful.

I was hoping that the course would contain ideas and information that were almost timeless but that is not the case.