Back to Introduction to Personal Branding

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Personal Branding by University of Virginia

4.4

Though the concept of personal branding isn't new, questions remain about how to create one and, more importantly, what it means to maintain and inhabit that brand. Learners will: o Understand both what personal branding means and what it means to inhabit their brand o Establish themselves on at least three social media platforms o Create a mission statement for their personal brand o Build a board of directors for their brand o Become familiar with the basics of digital security and reputation management o Create a system for on-going brand maintenance Join instructor Kimberley R. Barker as she provides a warm, supportive atmosphere in which learners are encouraged to intensively explore themselves in order to create a personal brand that authentically and effectively communicates their values and professional gifts. Together we will build a strong community in which to provide encouragement and feedback, and support each other as learners pursue their goal of successful brand creation....

SI
Aug 29, 2020

Understanding and application of Personal Branding with the fundamental skills to build leadership skills in the personal branding success in business is very important in today's E-network business.

MH
Apr 20, 2020

Thank you, mam, for such a wonderful lecture. I will be trying to follow all of the advice. By the way in the lecture, I am trying to copy your communication style. And it's an amazing time for me.

76 - 100 of 2,098 Reviews for Introduction to Personal Branding

By Liau C Z

Jun 8, 2020

This is my second time taking a course from University of Virginia. Both times, the courses were enjoyable (I took New Business Models in Society previously). This course about Personal Branding was interesting thanks to the lecturer. She delivered content in a "Youtuber"-style, which made the content feel more "personal", fitting in nicely with Personal Branding. However, I believe that too much time was dedicated to dissecting the benefits of Twitter - a platform not very popular for businesses and professionals in Asia (where I come from).

By Ho H N

Sep 17, 2020

The teacher is really outstanding. She has rich experience of life skill and personal brand. The style of teaching is absolutely attractive. I used to learn from other courses but those all have bad way of delivering their knowledge, which is hugely boring to me, I have to admit that. But everything come to change when I learn this course form her. She has a brilliant talent of facial expression. It really stand out in my mind when any one asks me about what the best course on coursera to me. Thanks for delivering this lesson to me.

By Lahia G

Jul 12, 2020

Really loved Kimberley as an instructor. Engaging, attention grabbing while being short, sweet and to the point. Really great resources were provided and now a fan of the Reply All podcast which I had never head about before. Easy to follow layout of the course, and despite not having the heaviness you'd think you'd need to learn a lot, I'm truly surprised how much has resonated with me, the touch points I see in everyday life now (personal and work), and being able to apply everything I learn immediately. Thank you Kimberley!

By Iman A

Aug 27, 2017

It's a great course, very introductory and easy to finish. If it's your first attempt to learn about personal branding and you are looking for a course that gives you general information about the topic, so this is it. It's not for someone who searches for deep, in-detail instruction. Plus, the instructor is so nice and I enjoyed her style of passing experience through, though I am sure she has more to give. Thank you very much Kimberly. Now I am going to watch the videos again because I feel like I want to!

By Vanessa C

Oct 2, 2016

This course was useful and exciting. I often feel that I am the sole millennial born without social media skills. Now, I feel that I have the tools to succeed in the social media world. Thank you Kimberley Barker! Your course was well crafted and your videos were great! All of the assignments brought forth new insights. I appreciate the personality you brought in to the class, including the Hobbit references and Star Trek paraphernalia in the background! Live long and prosper. The road goes ever on and on:P

By Elizaveta R O

Mar 27, 2018

I can say that this online course is gorgeous! G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!

Because there is nothing superfluous and useless in it. Each part is saturated with new information that Kimberly Barker presents to us in a new light and with a new awareness of importance. I got a real pleasure from the course, and I think that there is nothing to change in it. Only maybe add some information, because I wanted to know something more new (but it isn't necessarily)!

Thank you very much for such a useful course. I am delighted!

By Shirley F B

May 20, 2018

The information presented is definitely helpful for a social media newbie. I've never wanted to be on any social media site, and feel that my life has been complete without the hassle of social media. However, I'm now forced to think seriously about how an internet presence will help me as I enter the next phase (retirement) of my life. The lectures were fun, but on the mark. The readings were pertinent, though some were frightening for a person already skeptical about "getting my name out there."

By Dr S N S

Apr 30, 2020

Thanks for the opportunity to take up this Course.

This course is simple yet very Straight forward, Does not overwhelm you with course Material.

This Course provided me an opportunity to pick up few vital or key Information in building my personal Brand.

I wish all of us get to aware of Personal Branding, so that we can make our life unique opportunity to exchange our gifts, have fulfilling and prosperous life.

Thanks to the Course Instructor and Coursera for the opportunity provided.

By Alena P

Mar 25, 2020

Хочу оставить этот отзыв на русском, чтобы мои русские коллеги поняли, насколько этот курс хороший. Несмотря на то, что по описанию курс может показаться очень базовым, в нем есть пару интересных features ,которые точно вас удивят. Так же хочу сказать, что задания были не сложными, поэтому их вполне можно выполнить за раз, не нужно растягивать весь курс. В завершении хочу сказать, что мне безумно понравилось как преподает Кимберли и ее манера речи. Цепляет)

By Rania S A

Jul 1, 2020

This course is very helpful and gives a lot of insights. The teacher is very cheerful and makes me want to learn more about the topic. You will get understanding about what personal branding means and what it means to be a brand, define a brand mission statement for their personal brand, build a board of directors, become familiar with the basics of digital security and reputation management, and create a routine for on-going brand maintenance

By Natalia P

Sep 6, 2020

It was an absolutely necessary course! Firstly, because I support the basic ideas of the course, secondly - because I am aware of my personal promotion in the digital environment and thirdly - but not least - the course has suggested multiple ideas about my subsequent activity, on my Facebook and Instagram pages. Thank you! It is a kind of awakening to reality and the acceptance of rules that we simply have to follow!

By Alejandra B P

Nov 7, 2018

It's an awesome course and the teacher has the expertise and experience. It's really good to start but I think this exercise goes a little beyond an jntroductory thing. My only suggestion would be regarding the name because if I want to have this certificate in LinkedIn, for exampl6, the word introduction it's not very good... But thanks, it's really awesome, and the teaching is very good, fresh and unique.

By Jessica L

May 6, 2017

Nice introduction to this concept that is not very covered where I live, in France. I think this is the first step to build something great, not only in business, but also in al the field in where we are engaged, associatives, personal life. The study materials are very interesting and the teacher is very funny. I learned as much as I laughed in font of my laptop :) Thanks to her to give all these good advices !

By Martin K M

Jan 30, 2019

Do you wonder why you have more talent when compared to others but are never recognized for it?There are many smart and talented people in the world, yet only a few get the recognition they deserve.

Personal branding is the key to unlock all this.... Thanks to Kimberley R Barker for enriching me with these skills and Coursera too.

Read more at: https://www.skillsyouneed.com/rhubarb/building-personal-brand.html

By Trixy L

Jan 30, 2018

I really loved this course. The instructor, Kimberley, was engaging and just all around fun. I wanna hang out with her at her favorite building or under her favorite tree and just drink tea and chit chat. She loves what she does, loves helping others, loves to watch you succeed. I suppose I'm assuming all of this but I just feel it to be truth. The course is fun, easy, and you leave feeling like you got this.

By Gautier D

Sep 26, 2016

This is one of the most refreshing MOOCs I have ever done. Be careful, you are not enrolling for a classic course, where you have people with formal postures standing in front of a green screen and weird slides. You are enrolling for Kimberley R's course. It is her way of teaching. And basically, she is really engaging and decicated to her "learners". Great course! Thanks University of Virginia :)

By Minal M

Jul 19, 2020

Loved this course. I myself am engaged in blogging and have a personal brand, but I did not know that it takes so much efforts and behind the scene works apart from the content that I put to engage the audience. This Course definitely gave me more insight on how to keep my audience engaged and how to not loose the main essence of my brand. Thank you so much for the raw and informative lectures.

By Gene G

Apr 12, 2020

Truly inspiring course overall, particularly because a good structure / exercises, such as the Mission Statement and Board of Directors.

One thing I would have loved to hear more about is the importance of LinkedIN rather than Twitter / Facebook. I believe LinkedIN is one of the most important platforms out there and was surprised it not being mentioned.

Regardless, good teaching and narrative!

By Heidi C

Apr 10, 2020

first I want to thank Coursera for giving the opportunity to people who can't afford this types of courses to have if for free. Personally I did enjoy the course and feel I learned, if it can be better? of course there is always room to keep getting better, maybe update some of the content to what we are living now a days but overall I really liked it and the teacher was not boring at all.

By Peeraya P

Thanks for helping me shape out my life, explore myself deeply to see who I really am and what gift I could give to the world. this course is the best for me. Thank you that you have done this course for us. I might assume that many people around the world find out themself and become the best version of them from everything you and the course gave us. From me (peeraya.pol@gmail.com)

By Sara

Jan 5, 2016

Thank you very much for this course - by far the best part for me was Week 2 when we were helped to really identify who we are and how we project ourselves to ourselves and to others.

Thank you Kimberley for keeping the videos short and interesting (I find this vital to the success of MOOCs). I do however feel like the Quiz's could have been a little bit more challenging ;)

By EMILI I J

Apr 11, 2020

This was awesome. I learnt so much about personal and professional branding. Having your 3 little words which serve as a guideline in writing your mission statement. I also learnt about how to choose your board of directors, choosing the best social media etc. I will advice anyone that wants to learn about Personal branding to take this course. You will be so bless. Thanks

By Bharat G

Jun 20, 2020

Very insightlful. This was the first time I spent time on learning about building a personal brand. Have been aware of the concept but never got around to read / search etc about it. These 5 hours of condensed and specific lessons were very helpful. Finished it off in a day. Kimberly has organised the material very well and provides a nice overview re each sub topic.

By Mohamed A

Jun 23, 2017

i would definitely recommend this course to anyone who wants to be professional on social media , and in his whole life , you will learn a lot about making brand and manage your reputation , using social media to market for yourself well , the lecturer are so friendly , nice and funny person you will love her way of teaching and you will enjoy the course at all :)!

By Jonathan J

Nov 2, 2020

I was gonna give 4 stars but now I actually realize I have learnt a lot from this course, all those small tips were very helpful to me and after reviewing I feel more confident by laying out a foundation for my personal brand along with this course, since it was sponsored by my college idk how much it costs but its pretty good. She is quite entertaining as well!