Back to Introduction to Personal Branding

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Personal Branding by University of Virginia

4.4

Though the concept of personal branding isn't new, questions remain about how to create one and, more importantly, what it means to maintain and inhabit that brand. Learners will: o Understand both what personal branding means and what it means to inhabit their brand o Establish themselves on at least three social media platforms o Create a mission statement for their personal brand o Build a board of directors for their brand o Become familiar with the basics of digital security and reputation management o Create a system for on-going brand maintenance Join instructor Kimberley R. Barker as she provides a warm, supportive atmosphere in which learners are encouraged to intensively explore themselves in order to create a personal brand that authentically and effectively communicates their values and professional gifts. Together we will build a strong community in which to provide encouragement and feedback, and support each other as learners pursue their goal of successful brand creation....

SI
Aug 29, 2020

Understanding and application of Personal Branding with the fundamental skills to build leadership skills in the personal branding success in business is very important in today's E-network business.

MM
Sep 10, 2018

An amazing stuff to address lot of the confusions related to personal attitude towards different things in this era of digital presence. Enroll if you really want to a lifelong learning experience!

201 - 225 of 2,103 Reviews for Introduction to Personal Branding

By Dipto R M

Aug 2, 2020

This course was very helpful, I have gained many ideas and techniques by completing this course. A special Thanks to the great Instructor Kimberly Madam, she is really good at what she does. Thanks to everyone.

By Dr. B A R

Jul 27, 2020

It is a fantastic course, loaded with a lot of information, knowledge, and application to learn. the lecture is very powerful and humorous. I enjoyed it. Thank you very much to my professor and the University

By Joanne B

Apr 10, 2018

Great course as it gives a complete introduction to personal branding. The assignments fully had me thinking about what my own personal branding really was and how I could realize the achievement of my brand.

By Claire

Dec 19, 2015

Great course. Everything is clear and easy to follow. Some of the things I already knew and some that I didn't, but it was good to hear it all from a different source and using words.

Definitely worth the time.

By MOHAMED S A A I

Mar 31, 2020

I learned how to be a brand

How to manage reputation well

How to communicate with others

Learn from my mistakes

Take advantage of a little straining

Google little alerts

Google search engines are not complete

By Elizabeth P

Nov 15, 2020

This course was the best course on branding that I have ever participated with. The topics were enlightening and new to my knowledge of branding. The course is organized and structured. Highly recommended!!!

By Lynn Z

Aug 18, 2020

This was a very informative course with a wonderful and engaging teacher at the helm. A lot of it was common sense but there was also some new information for me. Definitely worth my time to take the course.

By RICARDO C B

Jul 17, 2020

I had no idea of the impact a digital identity could have on your career. Professor Kimberly provided great insight into the topic and I must say I have learned a lot from her. I highly recommend the course!

By Nyasha H

May 3, 2020

For someone new to social media or for someone who just needs to revamp themselves, this is an excellent course to take. The instructor was engaging and kept the lectures short, manageable and entertaining.

By Md. M I

Apr 19, 2020

Very effective course it was. I learned so many things that self-awareness and understanding one's strengths and weaknesses in order to effectively present the self is essential to building a personal brand.

By Darcie S

Sep 25, 2019

Being entirely new to the concept of personal branding, I found this course to be very comprehensive and informative. Thank you to Kimberley for making it interesting, and presenting in a very palatable way.

By Nkembeteck H N

Mar 6, 2019

The course raise greater consciousness in me about my reputation. Before, I use to just neglect things.But while taking the course, I am very alert now to ensure my reputation is the best both on and offline

By Annia B

Jan 25, 2018

I have also become more self aware and have a better understanding of the importance of recognizing your "Personal Brand". Generally, this is a delightful course that I found quite enjoyable! Kudos to Kelly.

By Mon E

Jan 20, 2018

The instructor has a very friendly humor. There was never a time that I felt bored. Excellent overview about personal branding but I believe that there's still more about this topic that needs to be covered.

By Swany A G M

Oct 12, 2020

This course was very useful. I learned new tools and understood about Branding Personal. Now I can update my Resume and LinkedIn.

Thanks so much to Miss Kimberley and Coursera.

Best Regards,

Swany Gallardo M.

By Soban S

Jun 30, 2020

Kimberley Barker made this course so much fun to learn , I got to learn so much more about how much Personal Branding is important, I loved every part of it, And I would definitely recommend it to everyone.

By Andreia L C

Jan 31, 2018

The course helped me a lot to know more about myself and to have the main plan for my life with my mission statement, and how to show myself on social media in a professional manner. Highlight recommended.

By WAHYU A

Aug 3, 2020

I feel this course is very helpful and with speakers who are very relevant and easy to understand according to the style of millennial children who are more creative. for everything is very good. thank you

By Vijay S

Jul 20, 2020

This course was really helpful for me as it gave me the exact ideas about how to make your personal brand to stand out and to reach out to maximum people and how to stay in touch with your future audience.

By Megan P

Aug 3, 2020

This course was an absolute gem! I never knew my online presence mattered so much until I found this course. The instructor is very friendly & creates an environment for personal development. Enjoyed it!

By Ishika A

Jul 7, 2020

An excellent course for those who want to make their presence known to everyone by their passion and make a reputation in good terms.

I loved learning new topics from this course. I would recommend 10/10.

By Jacquet C

May 2, 2020

Excellent course that covers the subject in depth. Would benefit from updated examples and readings. Because they are already dated mid 2010's years. Otherwise very good job Mrs Barker ! Continue !

By Minhaj M

Apr 10, 2020

The course is very much helpful to make an positive impact on myself. Last but not the least , the instructor was so much efficient to delivery every information in a easily understandable way.

Thank you.

By RACHEL E J

Feb 28, 2019

The course has been helpful to me. Now I know how to promote my brand, to share what I have with the people around the World through Social Media, Monitoring my reputation and so many more things. Thanks