Back to Positive Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology by The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

This course discusses research findings in the field of positive psychology, conducted by Barbara Fredrickson and her colleagues. It also features practical applications of this science that you can put to use immediately to help you live a full and meaningful life....

JC
Jul 2, 2018

One of the best psychology courses I have taken. I have learned so much and how simple it is to implement these principles into everyday life. Thank you for providing this rich material to all of us.

BA
Sep 2, 2020

This course entitled Positive Psychology changed my perspective in life and cultivated more positivity that will not only stregthen my social relationship, my personality, mindset but also my health.

1451 - 1475 of 1,480 Reviews for Positive Psychology

Apr 12, 2018

great

By Michael C

Nov 7, 2016

Cours sympathique, mais un peu superficiel. Il traite la question de l'homme dans sa perspective positive, mais au cour du développement, il y a une inversion que je trouve pas si évidente. En effet, on passe d'un cours sur la détection des émotions positives et leur intérêt pour le fonctionnement psychologique à un cours où l'on essaye de générer du positif comme manière de traiter. Il n'y a pas beaucoup de place pour pouvoir penser le négatif que l'on peut vivre et par instant, j'ai un peu eu l'impression que l'accent porté sur le positif se transformer en une recherche de sentir ce positifs pour ces bienfaits, quitte à ce que cela soit un peu factice.

By David L G

May 11, 2019

I didn't like how this course attempted to make me purchase it when I tried to complete the quizzes. Know that this course is only videos and exercises with no ability to get finished credit if you do not pay for it. I'll pay closer attention to this in the future. If any course does this to me again I'll withdraw. If it becomes apparent that this is a growing trend on Coursera I'll delete the app, delete the link to their website and utlize other services. Coursera should put a disclaimer in front of any course like this going forward. I would not have wasted my time taking the course if I couldn't get course completion credit for it.

By Samar Z H

Jun 16, 2018

the course rythme is really slow. the course gave me some great insight into positive emotions and how to create micromomnets that are full of them and share it with others but I think the course should be richer . every thing I learned here can be delivered in one or two videos or articles. to fill up the time needed for the course there was a lot of repetition. some videos were boring. overall it was a positive experience but I would not recommend this course to my friends. thank you

By Candelaria

Dec 22, 2017

This course is very informative in a scientific way, not much in a psychology way. I would have liked to explore more of Ms. Kelly Stack's vision rather than a scientific approach of positive psychology. I think t's an appropriate beginners course into psychology and positiveness.

By Ricky T

Oct 22, 2015

I'm sorry but I don't like the way this course was presented. Since this is about the science of happiness I would have preferred a more clinical approach.

By Jaber H A

Jun 29, 2020

The audio through the whole course was not clear. And the teacher couldnt touch that much. Overall didnt find that much interesting

By Basel

Mar 22, 2016

Uncomfortable to watch and also a very outdated layout of the course, feels like a bad 90s American talk show.

By Gianfranco M R

Mar 2, 2016

It could have been more dynamic . The interviews were boring and there wasn't enough content.

By Riya S F

Jun 25, 2020

it was really fruitful course

By Mohamed E B

Nov 29, 2016

weak

By Huda H

May 15, 2016

I dropped out of this course twice is coz i found it absolutely dead. It says positive psychology but it really look so much constraint to even watch the first 3 videos without falling asleep. This is probably the worse course I've studied on coursera. I have studied at least 7 courses on Coursera- of which I loved Social Psychology and Criminal, and I even paid for the certificates. This course literally killed me.... The worst EVER I've come across

By Annick D

Oct 30, 2015

Superficial treatment of the subject matter. Presentation was awkward and slow, and at times condescending in tone. This whole course is equivalent to a 2 hour seminar on "How to live more positively" presented at local community centre. It is not university level learning - instead it seems glib and lacking in substance.

By Ali D

Aug 7, 2016

Not a positive act to make people pay to be able to participate in the quizzes. The other audited classes allow everyone to participate in everything. We just do not become certified if we have taken the class for audit rather than credit.

By Joleen H

Oct 16, 2020

I signed up to audit the course as it said I could. But then it says to submit the quiz I have to upgrade.

I just lost my job and was hoping this course would help me find some positivity in this pandemic

By Carolina P

Aug 4, 2020

I like it, but in my opinion is not updated, Also, some of the links because does not work. Maybe you need to re design and update some contents.

By Leena B

May 27, 2017

It was very boring. Content was good but tutor's way of teaching was very boring and monotonous. Felt waste of time.

By Darleen M

Apr 18, 2016

Should state up front that there is no auditing. Unable to continue this course without Upgrading.

By Gabriela G

Mar 6, 2017

Very boring, not engaging at all. uses the phrase "you know" and "um" too much

By Kristina M

Jun 1, 2016

Cannot do the tests after modules, no reply from staff.

By ASEEM P 1

Aug 19, 2020

I want to unenroll this course, Its is so boring

By Ali A A

Jan 31, 2021

the presenter is so rigid and out of emotions

By Ronald H

Jan 13, 2016

The course was not what I wanted