Back to Positive Psychology

Positive Psychology , The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

(2,118 ratings)

About this Course

This course discusses research findings in the field of positive psychology, conducted by Barbara Fredrickson and her colleagues. It also features practical applications of this science that you can put to use immediately to help you live a full and meaningful life....

By JC

Jul 03, 2018

One of the best psychology courses I have taken. I have learned so much and how simple it is to implement these principles into everyday life. Thank you for providing this rich material to all of us.

By RP

Jun 11, 2017

I really enjoyed this course. It is a area that bleeds into other fields of study and can be applied in many different settings. I enjoyed the varying uses of visuals, videos, and discussions

640 Reviews

By Osborne Marina Igorevna

May 21, 2019

I enjoy this course very much and I am grateful for that. Thanks a lot!

By Bhavneesh Pahwa

May 13, 2019

changed my perceptions

By David L Gardner

May 11, 2019

I didn't like how this course attempted to make me purchase it when I tried to complete the quizzes. Know that this course is only videos and exercises with no ability to get finished credit if you do not pay for it. I'll pay closer attention to this in the future. If any course does this to me again I'll withdraw. If it becomes apparent that this is a growing trend on Coursera I'll delete the app, delete the link to their website and utlize other services. Coursera should put a disclaimer in front of any course like this going forward. I would not have wasted my time taking the course if I couldn't get course completion credit for it.

By Dana L. Stone

May 06, 2019

very pleased with the course. i was sick for a week or 2 and got rather behind, so i'm relieved the deadline was extended. Thanks!

dana

By Natalya Gurevich

Apr 29, 2019

i had no high expectations when i enrolled, but with each session my understanding of positive emotions deepened, bringing awareness and openness into my everyday routine and communications. i am also very grateful for Barbara Fredrickson for introducing scientifically-approved meditation into my life

By Lislei Douroucas

Apr 25, 2019

Barbara Fredrickson and her team have given me solid knowledge on the subject of positive emotions thus enticing me to find out more about it by looking for other courses on the topic. I'm now registered in a post graduation course in Positive Psychology and I'm feeling much more confident about my choice for this course and for my future steps .

By Claire Stadhouder

Apr 11, 2019

I very much enjoyed this course and found the information very helpful and valuable to everyday life and beyond.

By Parteek

Apr 05, 2019

It was a great experience and learning to the things of positive psychology.The videos and lectures helped me a lot to go through the daily world life concepts of psychology very easily, I will be very greatful if I further get an opportunity to work or learn something new under these teachers.

By UPINDERJEET SINGH

Mar 31, 2019

SIMPLY AWESOME AND ENLIGHTENING.

By Léopoldine FOUQUES