Back to Positive Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology by The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

This course discusses research findings in the field of positive psychology, conducted by Barbara Fredrickson and her colleagues. It also features practical applications of this science that you can put to use immediately to help you live a full and meaningful life....

JC

Jul 03, 2018

One of the best psychology courses I have taken. I have learned so much and how simple it is to implement these principles into everyday life. Thank you for providing this rich material to all of us.

SJ

Dec 15, 2019

Thi was a very useful subject, with good examples and experiences, weekly exercises that assisted me to reflect on the teachings and the further readings to take my understanding to the next level.

26 - 50 of 1,013 Reviews for Positive Psychology

By Rogerio d L e S

Dec 14, 2017

Course Note 10 !!! Great and Necessary to the human being!

The Best Technique of All ...

To look at Life for a Positive Angle is to choose to live in Heaven!

With this course I learned the greatest secret of happiness: Make the option for the "Positive", that is, want to live all the best that life offers ... It is a course simply fantastic and at the same time necessary, especially to the Brazilians because here the negative rule prevents the human being from seeing happiness.

Highly recommend to everyone !!! SIMPLY FANTASTIC !!!

By Lancy Z

Nov 03, 2019

Thank you Professor Fredrickson, the course is amazing and it is so close to people's daily life and the practice parts are really can change people's lives. During this wonderful learning journey. From science part, I more clearly understand how our brain and heart work and how to deal with stress and anxiety in my daily life. I do yoga in my daily life and now paying more attention on the meditation part. I am enjoying the micro moments and sharing this wonderful course to my friends who are suffering the emotion problem.

By Liliana C Z

Jan 25, 2020

I think this is an amzing course that anyone could take; not only people who wants to teach or who wants to be a coach or who wants to help others, but people who want to improve themselves. This is a great opportunity to have new knowledge about positive psychology and how this can help you in your everyday life. This is just great to improve yourself as a human being and to learn how to be even more grateful in every momento of your life, how to extend your positive emotions and how to deal with the negative ones.

By Nubia G

Nov 06, 2015

Me gustó mucho el contenido del curso. Me encantaron los recursos pedagógicos que utilizaron, y la docente que se nota en pleno dominio de lo que hace; su trayectoria es admirable y me siento agradecida de estar en contacto con sus bastos conocimientos a través de la tecnología.

Adicionalmente, felicito a Coursera por la manera tan profesional de administrar la capacitación a distancia. Termino muy satisfecha, muy entusiasmada de completar los otros cursos en los cuales estoy inscrita y seguir con más.

By Satish K K

May 21, 2017

Excellent ... Best opportunity to learn , master, and get transformed..... with ORIGINAL researcher....We in India have been practicing since ages as the embed framework of chaturashram and Hindu lifestyle.... Recommended for all..... to reduce negativity...enhance positivism and save earth ......not less important than green environment....to protect..... Satish K Kushwaha, MS,MPhil(Psy),BSc;...;...;...;...; PSA(UK) ACCREDITED HYPNOTHERAPIST ON CNHC (UK) REGISTER. NEUROSCIENCES RESEARCHER.....

By Aprajita R

Aug 30, 2017

An essential course for everyone! I loved the way lectures were given. The presence of a group made me feel as if I'm a part of a class and greatly improved my interaction, motivation and willingness to not only complete the classes but also do the experiential assignments. I gained knowledge not only about the field of positive psychology but insights about my own life and behavior as well. Many lessons have stuck with me and I have applied them to my daily life. Absolutely loved the course!

By Shaun L T G

An excellent course! I really enjoyed the conversational style that Dr Friedrickson adopted. The lessons are not too long and easy to follow and peppered with real world examples (both from herself and her team of four guests). The key concepts like positivity resonance, loving-kindness meditation, and the like, are easily broken down. Readings are short and informative and the weekly experiments are also very fascinating. This is one of the best courses I have done on Coursera!

By DUPREY

I very much appreciated the progressiveness and pedagogy of the course.

I found it very practical with many exercises to do on a daily basis.

Scientific and accessible

Concrete and practical

I would like to thank each and every one of you for taking the time for this course, thank you for identifying, posing and sharing.

It is a precious gift for spreading and infusing positive psychology throughout the world.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

By Rory G

Dec 08, 2015

This course is organized in such an interesting way, it gets across the major points very quickly. It is very much a surface-level course in terms of the science, but that's exactly what I wanted. I want to be able to apply immediately, rather than get bogged down in the science.

This course is phenomenal and the material is extremely important. I've created changes in my life from the course already, including prioritizing positivity, and especially love.

By Alejandra M T

Jan 13, 2020

I enjoyed and learned great knowledge about positive psychology. As my first time ever knowing about it, I think this was a wonderful introductory course. It is also amazing the benefits that some of the weekly practices had on my life. Indeed, in positive psychology, you have to experience it yourself in order to learn it. Thank you for this wonderful course, I'm inspired to learn more about this field and psychology in general. Thank you, Dr. Fredrickson

By vai k

May 21, 2017

There is so much more to learn about Positive Psychology. This course has not just taught me how to make time for the micro moments of positivity in my life but also inspired me to learn more, to have a deeper knowledge about this positive psychology. Dr. Barbara Fredrickson is a fairy Godmother and her team is just amazing. The magic/ happiness they bring to others' lives with just their words, is quite admirable. I loved the course. God bless you people.

By Jeannine T

Nov 06, 2018

Fascinating, inspiring, and practical introduction to positive psychology.

Learn the health benefits of positive psychology; learn to identify, nurture and savor positive emotions; discover helpful practices that will take you deeper and help you apply the principles to your own life; learn how to start an upward spiral and open up your mind to real possibility of change; bring more love into the world with micro moments of positive resonance. All good!

By Tony R

Oct 03, 2017

This was my first experience of a MOOC and I approached it with an open mind and with no particular expectations. I have been interested in positive psychology for a while now and wanted to find out more. This course was perfect for me, it made me think, challenged established views and whilst it is a big statement, I think in the long term, this will make me a better person more in tune with others who I interact with. I highly recommend this course.

By renjit m

Amazing and very enriching course.It gave lots of new insights.Well structured.Thank you Coursera and The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill for offering this course online.

Thank you Dr.Barbara Fredrickson for sharing your knowledge,wisdom,expertise and experience in such a simple and well articulated manner.Appreciate your enthusiasm,energy and commitment in imparting the lessons and taking the field of positive psychology to a new level.

By Subir K G

May 06, 2018

This course is the beginning of my journey to positivity and explore further within me as well as all around to make life full of joy and happiness for all in mind, body and spirit. It is the joy in giving to others much more than making only myself happy. Real happiness lies in making others happy by exploring positivity resonance in every possible opportunity. This short course helped me to navigate my journey of life at this age of 74.

By Fernanda V

Este curso te permite cambiar la perspectiva sobre las emociones. Tiene un enfoque científico fundamental y abre el espacio para reflexiones profundas, prácticas y un entendimiento de la importancia de el desarrollo social, humano, colectivo a partir de un buen entendimiento de estas emociones. Adicional es un estudio genial para entender procesos de trabajo en equipo, reconciliación, procesos de resolución de conflicto entre otros.

By Ivan M

I truly loved this class. I enjoyed the collaboration and discussion during the presentations. Understanding how positive and negative emotions are embodied was truly eye opening. In the last two years, I have been focused on mind/body medicine along with psychology. This was a wonderful complement to a field that I’m passionate about. I highly recommend this class, learning about love/kindness will be transformative.

By Claire L

Dec 07, 2015

I recommend this course to anyone who wants to learn how to bring more positivity into their lives. I learned a lot about the field of positive psychology, and I was really happy that a big focus of the class is on practical applications of positive psychology. I also appreciated the small-group setting - it made the class very pleasant and actually made me feel more connected to the course. Thank you Dr. Fredrickson!

By Shivani D

May 09, 2020

First of all I would like to Thank you Dr Freidrickson you are really an awesome faculty that I have ever seen.If I say about the course it is very meaningful,knowledgeable,informative.Moreover,the exercises were very helpful to understand the course content.I joined it as not a course only but to bring some significant change in my personality which I really imbibed .Once again thank you so much ,God bless you Mam

By Δέσποινα Γ

Feb 09, 2016

This course is a sufficient way to improve your capacity of being yourself by improving your relationships with othes and let possitive and negative emotions too,be embodied and not just abandon them.This course will help you totaly find yourown way to cope with stress and anxiety and will give you advice on how your immune and your cardiovascular system will flourish by experiencing emotions as they come to us.

By Jacqueline S

Jun 01, 2016

Great course. I have been recommending it to friends and family. The seminar style effectively keeps the course dynamic. I came away with a thorough understanding of how positive emotions promote health and wellbeing, physically, emotionally and psychologically, generally and personally. Additionally, there are numerous exercises and practices that allow the students to apply the principles into one's own life.

By Navin K K

Nov 19, 2018

I have learnt many things about positive emotions and psychology which shapes once personality and attitude. It was interesting to see that through positive emotions, how one can interact with people and it can be nutrient for once health. Dr. Barbara was a awesome teacher who could communicate her ideas very clearly. Thank you so much madam. your lesson motivated me to do some research on positive psychology.

By Michelle F

Jul 20, 2019

The content of this course was clearly delivered, enlightening and engaging. The format was easy to navigate and kept things interesting-- I really appreciate the conversational component and getting to learn more about the work and applied applications of each guest. Participating in this course was a valuable use of my time. I am inspired and plan to continue learning about the field of positive psychology.

By Gabriella A

Nov 21, 2016

This was one of the best courses I have ever taken, and it really had a positive influence on my own life. Dr. Frederickson beautifully weaves together the importance of cultivating positivity with a scientific explanation on how doing so is possible. This class is particularly useful for anyone who is inclined to coaching, psychology, and self-development. I would take this course again in a heartbeat.

By Ilaria B

Nov 06, 2016

I totally enjoyed this course. As a PhD student in Developmental and Social psychology, I'm interested in researching about teachers' wellbeing and emotions at school, and this course gave me some great ideas about how to improve and focus my research. Moreover, it gave me some great suggestions about improving my personal wellbeing by applying some positive psych principles in my daily life.