Back to Positive Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology by The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

This course discusses research findings in the field of positive psychology, conducted by Barbara Fredrickson and her colleagues. It also features practical applications of this science that you can put to use immediately to help you live a full and meaningful life....

BA
Sep 2, 2020

This course entitled Positive Psychology changed my perspective in life and cultivated more positivity that will not only stregthen my social relationship, my personality, mindset but also my health.

JC
Jul 2, 2018

One of the best psychology courses I have taken. I have learned so much and how simple it is to implement these principles into everyday life. Thank you for providing this rich material to all of us.

26 - 50 of 1,479 Reviews for Positive Psychology

Dec 23, 2020

I believe that everyone should take this course, especially during this time of the pandemic. The instructor presented in such an amazing and well thought out manner. I have learned more about myself from this class than I would believe possible.

By francis j

Dec 7, 2020

One of my purposes of taking this course was to get a feel of Psychology as I am considering taking up PHD in Psychology. This course has certainly opened up my interests in psychology. Positive Psychology also had many interesting topics and has given me a different perspective of many things in life. It was a wonderful experience taking this course and the practices and assignments learnt from this course has definitely had a positive impact on myself and I believe people I interact with.

In addition during these unfortunate times of the pandemic I feel this course helps us to be positive and avoid going into depression and other worse psychological conditions.

Another reason for me choosing this course was because I also currently work in the field of robotics and I feel this course gives us skills that cannot be mimicked by robots today.

Overall this course was a great eye opener in many aspects of our day to day life.

By RAVEENA M K 1

Feb 19, 2021

I WAS REALLY FASCINATED IN DOING THIS COURSERA THAT IS POSITIVE PSYCHOLOGY OF WHICH I HAD OPTED FOR. I had learnt many skills in this course like all about good vibes, and thinking in a positive way, the most interesting part of my course was the quizzes where i really love to do , also learnt many informative and a valuable course. So it indeed helped me a lot in improving my own skills and i was benefited a lot . Where i had learnt that" one should learn to control one's mind and also train to be stronger than our emotions or else we will loose ourselves every time ". Last but not the least i would sincerely thank the organizers for providing this coursera for us thank u soo much. so always say people " i can, i will, and for sure i will do it ,no matter how big the battle is to strive" .

By Aedrian A

Jan 27, 2021

This intriguing course is articulate in describing the potential of positive psychology to enhance life, rather than merely restore it or alleviate suffering. Perhaps, taking this course requires one to temporarily lower her/his guard (especially preconceived notions on experiencing and achieving happiness) and give the material a chance to make its points. While, in some instances, the lectures seem too positive for one to be comfortable with, I think that a reasonable goal (instead of accepting the lectures unquestionably) is to consider and attempt at least some of the recommendations. The general setup of most of the videos (Dr. Fredrickson with 4 learners in a small group discussion format) is astonishingly effective for me, as I felt being a wanted part of the endeavor.

By Danguole J

Oct 8, 2020

Dear Barbara, I was very pleased having this opportunity. All your videos, readings was clear, with very strong examples, easy to understand. I read a lot of books about relationships, about our brain possibilities. Famous authors I really enjoyed: Dr. Mark Goulston, Dr Joe Dispenza, Eckhart Tolle and many others. You put the last point on my knowledge, which I really appreciate. Of course, I will never stop learning, but this course helped me to view my own life, to see more opportunities. Thank you so much! God bless you and the job you are doing! My best wishes, Danguole Jablonskiene

By Inka I

Nov 30, 2016

This is an amazing course. As a psychology student, I gained important understanding of my responsibilities as a future psychologist. I feel more responsible for my actions as a psychology student and promoting tools in improving people's lives. Dr Barbara Fredrickson is an inspirational professor, highly intelligent and calm teacher, and can make you understand and feel relaxed and comfortable with studies. All of the fellow professors were also an important addition to course and presented interesting viewpoints. I highly recommend this to everyone and especially psychology students.

By Joanne R

Aug 20, 2020

Wow, just wow! Thank you so much, Barbara for such an incredible course on Positive Psychology. I had learnt a little about Positive Psych during my training with Wellness Coaching Australia and was inspired to learn more about it. Your fascinating work was referenced in particular, and I was excited to discover you offered a course on it. What a true honor and delight to learn from you. This course was such an eye opener and I thoroughly enjoyed every moment including the online exercises and homework. You did such a wonderful job with this course and I am deeply grateful to you.

By Satish S

Jul 25, 2020

Thanks a lot Barabara !!! This is absolutely great research, Sharing is caring. Most of the people in the world are facing issues like negative attitude or depression due to constant pressure of EXPECTATIONS!!!!

Practicing Positive Emotions to boost your mental capacity is really great tool but we never think in that it would help us so much.

I would really request you to focus your study on what happens when we keep our Expectations in control. Our grandparents always taught us to be content and being helpful to others and Respect each and every one. I think its is a culture!!!!

By Tanya G

I really enjoyed this course. Back in high school I studied psychology in 12th grade and I found it to be very thought-provoking. I'm so glad I got to study Positive psychology. This course has actually taught me to think more effectively in life, to construct my thoughts in such a way that they bring out a positive outcome. I learned that simple actions can have a big impact on our happiness just by the learning resources I got to read that view. Positive psychology has also taught me to focus on my strengths instead of my weaknesses, also to be more optimistic in daily life.

By Tischler

Oct 18, 2015

I loved the set up of the course that Professor Frederikson included other professors and professionals in her class. It made the class lively and presented different point of views or different examples. The homework/ exercises were very interesting and thought provoking. I would recommend this class to anyone and in particular to people who do not believe that having a positive attitude / outlook in life will / can make a difference in so many different ways. I am looking forward to an additional course on positive psychology in the future.

By Minnie A A A L

Dec 11, 2020

Dr. Barbara was very clear in presenting the tenets of positive psychology and its practicality in every day life. I really love her demeanor in teaching--very cool and relaxed--yet not boring. I also like the setup of the "classes" that there's interaction and feedbacking with the students both on site with her and those taking the course through coursera. Thank you for taking the effort for making the course relevant to non-medical people like me by generously sharing your passion and knowledge about Positive Psychology, Dr. Barbara.

By Pallamraju Y

Jul 25, 2020

Positive Psychology is a great course by Dr.Barbara L Fredrickson. With here enormous in depth knowledge on Psychology and vast experience in coaching, this course has become a really an important course to improve our abilities to see things with positive approach and increase the positive psychological health of self and with others with whom we interact. As per me, this course is very important to Leaders in Professional fields. Expressing my gratitude to Dr.Barbara for creating this course and appreciate her narrating skills.

By farah q

Oct 22, 2015

I am very happy that I did the 'Positive Psychology" course as now I have a better understanding of it. I have more insight into positive emotions and my thought process is geared towards positivity rather than focusing on the negative or negativity bias. It is a very interesting and flowing course which I would definitely recommend it to everyone. I have come to ponder on the fact that with positive psychology it is much easier to deal with the everyday negative emotions.

It was very enjoyable interacting with the team on this course.

By Jacobo M R

Jan 11, 2021

Nos introduce a entender como la emociones positivas son importantes para muestra salud y bienestar. Que es necesario que las emociones positivas se incrementen y se valoren. Hace reflexionar como esos buenos momentos deben buscarse, y superar esa asimetría de las emociones negativas que ha estado preponderantemente en nuestra vida. Lo más interesante son la presentación de resultados de investigaciones como pruebas fehacientes de la interrelación entre emociones positivas, relaciones positivas, y la salud: física, emocional y social.

By Jack N

Sep 17, 2018

This is an eye opening course that explores the new field of the new field of Positive psychology. Psychologist are now working to help those they treat enhance their lives instead of only treating anxiety and other neurosis. Its free unless you want to earn credits for the course. If you monitor the course, they do not mark the tests. Otherwise you will receive the full benefit of this course.

After the first 6 minutes, I advise those who I recommend this to skip the rest of this video because it causes a strong negative reaction.

By Rogerio d L e S

Dec 14, 2017

Course Note 10 !!! Great and Necessary to the human being!

The Best Technique of All ...

To look at Life for a Positive Angle is to choose to live in Heaven!

With this course I learned the greatest secret of happiness: Make the option for the "Positive", that is, want to live all the best that life offers ... It is a course simply fantastic and at the same time necessary, especially to the Brazilians because here the negative rule prevents the human being from seeing happiness.

Highly recommend to everyone !!! SIMPLY FANTASTIC !!!

By Lancy Z

Nov 3, 2019

Thank you Professor Fredrickson, the course is amazing and it is so close to people's daily life and the practice parts are really can change people's lives. During this wonderful learning journey. From science part, I more clearly understand how our brain and heart work and how to deal with stress and anxiety in my daily life. I do yoga in my daily life and now paying more attention on the meditation part. I am enjoying the micro moments and sharing this wonderful course to my friends who are suffering the emotion problem.

By James B

Dec 26, 2020

Dr. Fredrickson really opened my eyes and helped me see positivity and optimism in a whole new light. I've definitely taken many different things out of the 6 chapters of learning and applied them to my daily life and have already seen incredible results in living a happier life and not sweating the small stuff nearly as much. Definitely looking forward to using what I learned in week 6 of your class to the brand new year and continue passing along what I've learned with friends and family I interact with from now on.

By Laura K

Jan 2, 2021

I love the way this course was presented in such a way to keep my attention. I have a tendency to have to break away often but did not need to as often with this course. It is a topic that every person on this planet can relate to no matter what their walk in life is. Gratitude, love toward oneself and others and expressing that love in ways that are soft, gentle and deliberate is so unique to how we are generally taught or exposed to in this world. We have a responsibility to share this information with others.

By DEEPAK A

Aug 15, 2020

Very effectively conducted. The topic was covered in friendly manner at the right pace. So the learning was a pleasure. The concepts were clarified in simple terms. Ted Talks videos were appropriate. In spite of my busy schedule, I was looking forward for taking time out daily for learning. Dr. Barbara L. Fredrickson is an excellent teacher. I my self is a Pro Vice Chancellor at university with 18 years of teaching and 25 years of industry experience. I found lot of things to learn from her way of teaching. Thanks.

By Liliana C Z

Jan 25, 2020

I think this is an amzing course that anyone could take; not only people who wants to teach or who wants to be a coach or who wants to help others, but people who want to improve themselves. This is a great opportunity to have new knowledge about positive psychology and how this can help you in your everyday life. This is just great to improve yourself as a human being and to learn how to be even more grateful in every momento of your life, how to extend your positive emotions and how to deal with the negative ones.

By Nubia G

Nov 6, 2015

Me gustó mucho el contenido del curso. Me encantaron los recursos pedagógicos que utilizaron, y la docente que se nota en pleno dominio de lo que hace; su trayectoria es admirable y me siento agradecida de estar en contacto con sus bastos conocimientos a través de la tecnología.

Adicionalmente, felicito a Coursera por la manera tan profesional de administrar la capacitación a distancia. Termino muy satisfecha, muy entusiasmada de completar los otros cursos en los cuales estoy inscrita y seguir con más.

By Satish K K

May 20, 2017

Excellent ... Best opportunity to learn , master, and get transformed..... with ORIGINAL researcher....We in India have been practicing since ages as the embed framework of chaturashram and Hindu lifestyle.... Recommended for all..... to reduce negativity...enhance positivism and save earth ......not less important than green environment....to protect..... Satish K Kushwaha, MS,MPhil(Psy),BSc;...;...;...;...; PSA(UK) ACCREDITED HYPNOTHERAPIST ON CNHC (UK) REGISTER. NEUROSCIENCES RESEARCHER.....

By Aprajita R

Aug 30, 2017

An essential course for everyone! I loved the way lectures were given. The presence of a group made me feel as if I'm a part of a class and greatly improved my interaction, motivation and willingness to not only complete the classes but also do the experiential assignments. I gained knowledge not only about the field of positive psychology but insights about my own life and behavior as well. Many lessons have stuck with me and I have applied them to my daily life. Absolutely loved the course!

By Shaun L T G

An excellent course! I really enjoyed the conversational style that Dr Friedrickson adopted. The lessons are not too long and easy to follow and peppered with real world examples (both from herself and her team of four guests). The key concepts like positivity resonance, loving-kindness meditation, and the like, are easily broken down. Readings are short and informative and the weekly experiments are also very fascinating. This is one of the best courses I have done on Coursera!