Back to Positive Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology by The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

This course discusses research findings in the field of positive psychology, conducted by Barbara Fredrickson and her colleagues. It also features practical applications of this science that you can put to use immediately to help you live a full and meaningful life....

JC
Jul 2, 2018

One of the best psychology courses I have taken. I have learned so much and how simple it is to implement these principles into everyday life. Thank you for providing this rich material to all of us.

BA
Sep 2, 2020

This course entitled Positive Psychology changed my perspective in life and cultivated more positivity that will not only stregthen my social relationship, my personality, mindset but also my health.

51 - 75 of 1,403 Reviews for Positive Psychology

By renjit m

Amazing and very enriching course.It gave lots of new insights.Well structured.Thank you Coursera and The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill for offering this course online.

Thank you Dr.Barbara Fredrickson for sharing your knowledge,wisdom,expertise and experience in such a simple and well articulated manner.Appreciate your enthusiasm,energy and commitment in imparting the lessons and taking the field of positive psychology to a new level.

By FRANCIA E C F

Jul 14, 2020

Es uno de los mejores cursos que he realizado , ha cambiado mi forma de actuar y de pensar en relacionarme con las demas personas, familia, amigos y compañeros, es algo sorprendente como nos hacemos daño nosotros mismos, me ha enseñado a amarme ha ser mas feliz, mas amable y amoroso, la meditacion es algo fenomenal prepara tu dia para que sea mejor.

Gracias mil Gracias por su conocimiento compartido ojala logren contagiar a millones de personas

By Subir K G

May 6, 2018

This course is the beginning of my journey to positivity and explore further within me as well as all around to make life full of joy and happiness for all in mind, body and spirit. It is the joy in giving to others much more than making only myself happy. Real happiness lies in making others happy by exploring positivity resonance in every possible opportunity. This short course helped me to navigate my journey of life at this age of 74.

By Fernanda V

May 16, 2020

Este curso te permite cambiar la perspectiva sobre las emociones. Tiene un enfoque científico fundamental y abre el espacio para reflexiones profundas, prácticas y un entendimiento de la importancia de el desarrollo social, humano, colectivo a partir de un buen entendimiento de estas emociones. Adicional es un estudio genial para entender procesos de trabajo en equipo, reconciliación, procesos de resolución de conflicto entre otros.

By Zainab S A

Nov 9, 2020

The group method of teaching and learning provided incredible wealth of knowledge and wisdom! There was practice, application, and theory all combined together. The entire course was very inter-disciplinary in it, it effectively integrated elements of molecular biology, biochemistry, neuroscience, food and nutrition and health and fitness with empirical data. I look forward to being part of such an amazing network of people!

By Ivan M

May 9, 2020

I truly loved this class. I enjoyed the collaboration and discussion during the presentations. Understanding how positive and negative emotions are embodied was truly eye opening. In the last two years, I have been focused on mind/body medicine along with psychology. This was a wonderful complement to a field that I’m passionate about. I highly recommend this class, learning about love/kindness will be transformative.

By Claire L

Dec 7, 2015

I recommend this course to anyone who wants to learn how to bring more positivity into their lives. I learned a lot about the field of positive psychology, and I was really happy that a big focus of the class is on practical applications of positive psychology. I also appreciated the small-group setting - it made the class very pleasant and actually made me feel more connected to the course. Thank you Dr. Fredrickson!

By Shivani D

May 9, 2020

First of all I would like to Thank you Dr Freidrickson you are really an awesome faculty that I have ever seen.If I say about the course it is very meaningful,knowledgeable,informative.Moreover,the exercises were very helpful to understand the course content.I joined it as not a course only but to bring some significant change in my personality which I really imbibed .Once again thank you so much ,God bless you Mam

By Δέσποινα Γ

Feb 9, 2016

This course is a sufficient way to improve your capacity of being yourself by improving your relationships with othes and let possitive and negative emotions too,be embodied and not just abandon them.This course will help you totaly find yourown way to cope with stress and anxiety and will give you advice on how your immune and your cardiovascular system will flourish by experiencing emotions as they come to us.

By Jacqueline S

Jun 1, 2016

Great course. I have been recommending it to friends and family. The seminar style effectively keeps the course dynamic. I came away with a thorough understanding of how positive emotions promote health and wellbeing, physically, emotionally and psychologically, generally and personally. Additionally, there are numerous exercises and practices that allow the students to apply the principles into one's own life.

By Navin K K

Nov 19, 2018

I have learnt many things about positive emotions and psychology which shapes once personality and attitude. It was interesting to see that through positive emotions, how one can interact with people and it can be nutrient for once health. Dr. Barbara was a awesome teacher who could communicate her ideas very clearly. Thank you so much madam. your lesson motivated me to do some research on positive psychology.

By Michelle F

Jul 20, 2019

The content of this course was clearly delivered, enlightening and engaging. The format was easy to navigate and kept things interesting-- I really appreciate the conversational component and getting to learn more about the work and applied applications of each guest. Participating in this course was a valuable use of my time. I am inspired and plan to continue learning about the field of positive psychology.

By Gabriella A

Nov 20, 2016

This was one of the best courses I have ever taken, and it really had a positive influence on my own life. Dr. Frederickson beautifully weaves together the importance of cultivating positivity with a scientific explanation on how doing so is possible. This class is particularly useful for anyone who is inclined to coaching, psychology, and self-development. I would take this course again in a heartbeat.

By Antonia S

Nov 22, 2020

I very much appreciated the way Dr. Fredrickson translated the scientific findings into understandable concepts and practical approaches for living a life that can enhance one's wellbeing which she argues is inextricably connected to the wellbeing of others. The course is well-paced, with a good balance of inputs and experiential activities to facilitate learning at the "level" of mind and heart.

By Laura C

Nov 27, 2020

Excellent course !. I am very grateful to Coursera and Dr. Fredrickson for this learning opportunity and their shared knowledge. It was an enriching and beautiful experience that broadened my perspective on life. Now I know that we all have the ability to be happy, despite the various circumstances we go through, we can make the most of our positive emotions to experience a more pleasant life.

By Ilaria B

Nov 6, 2016

I totally enjoyed this course. As a PhD student in Developmental and Social psychology, I'm interested in researching about teachers' wellbeing and emotions at school, and this course gave me some great ideas about how to improve and focus my research. Moreover, it gave me some great suggestions about improving my personal wellbeing by applying some positive psych principles in my daily life.

By CARLOS E A D L R

Oct 7, 2020

Nuevamente lo escribo:

Que importante es la Psicología Positiva, ya que a partir de este momento será motor fundamental en mi vida, a la vez que para todos aquellos que se encuentren en mi entorno o a mi alrededor.

Quiero agradecer a cada una de las personas que hicieron posible mi crecimiento personal a través de este diplomado y con la fe que seré un buen embajador de este magnifico proyecto

By Ela G

Apr 12, 2018

The course is taught with kindness and thoughtfulness and has a strong academic backbone moving it from the touchy-feely type program to a solid, scientifically researched one. It is quite rewarding to know that science supports the fact that love abounds and can be captured if one just pays attention to the beautiful little moments around us. Great learnings and presented vert nicely.

By Wasana F

Aug 6, 2020

This course gives us a broad vision of positivity, emotions, love and how to closely connect with others and how to balance your psychological, physical, spiritual and social wellbeing through the positive Psychological knowledge.

I am grateful to Dr Babra and other resource persons who engaged with this course.

&

I would like to thank, The University of North Carolina and Coursera.

By Namrata

Aug 19, 2015

Wonderful Course , Amazing way to present it in very simple format , Got to learn true meaning of love, gratitude , micro-moments. It gave me new perspective about Positivity . Instead of "being positive" in every situation , which is not possible in many situations , "Being Open" in any situation really worked for me to be more Resilient while living my Imperfectly perfect life .

By Eloise S

Nov 8, 2020

Thank you very much to Coursera, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Dr. Barbara Fredrickson, and the online classmates for this course. The course gave me a new perspective on how to look at things and achieve positivity in my daily life. I will forever be grateful and will strive hard to generate positive micro-moments for others whenever I can. More power to you!

By Kathleen S

Mar 5, 2019

The science is so strong and well presented. The meditations are enriching even for a long-time meditator. The assignments skillfully make the applications to "real life" and finally, the supporting resources offer a treasure trove of additional information and scholarship and tools for maximizing the possibilities of positive resonance.

Thank you Dr. Frederickson and team!

By Mingyi X

Feb 16, 2017

Really fun class to take! A great introduction to positive psychology! Lots of hands-on activities to experience psychology in real life! A very inspiring course too! I learn to appreciate more about friendship, family and love. Very well paced but tons of useful and interesting information in each short video. Highly recommended to anyone who is interested in psychology!!!

By Flavio W

Sep 28, 2020

The course is excellent. The dynamics of the course lead us to a very concrete interaction and to a question on what level we are interacting with ourselves and with each other.

The course provides various tools, insights and exercises to enhance a life full of love and appreciation. My gratitude to Dr. Barbara L. Fredrickson and the others involved and participants.

By Jonas M

Aug 17, 2020

Took this during the pandemic to try to be more positive and it really made me realize how negative I have been feeling lately, so it was a great reminder that we can control / influence our emotions. lol a lot of the lessons focused on being connected with others... which is hard right now, so I cant wait to connect with others and feel positive when this is over!!