Back to Positive Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology by The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

This course discusses research findings in the field of positive psychology, conducted by Barbara Fredrickson and her colleagues. It also features practical applications of this science that you can put to use immediately to help you live a full and meaningful life....

BA
Sep 2, 2020

This course entitled Positive Psychology changed my perspective in life and cultivated more positivity that will not only stregthen my social relationship, my personality, mindset but also my health.

JC
Jul 2, 2018

One of the best psychology courses I have taken. I have learned so much and how simple it is to implement these principles into everyday life. Thank you for providing this rich material to all of us.

101 - 125 of 1,510 Reviews for Positive Psychology

By Rita P

Dec 29, 2020

Thank you for this opportunity to enter this course. I learned new things about positive psychology and strengthened my conviction that you need practice all these good things (notice good things, emotions, say "Thank you" - even for a small things, share your good mood with others...) and enjoy everything what life gives you:) Thank you so much!

By Savithri R

Mar 16, 2016

I think this is a great course for everyone. This helps positive feelings towards self and with everyone one connects and thus help create a positive aura around self. This way you create small groups of positive circles and then they share it with others and then it multiplies... Everyone should go through this course to remain healthy and happy.

By Lislei D

Apr 24, 2019

Barbara Fredrickson and her team have given me solid knowledge on the subject of positive emotions thus enticing me to find out more about it by looking for other courses on the topic. I'm now registered in a post graduation course in Positive Psychology and I'm feeling much more confident about my choice for this course and for my future steps .

By Annette N

Sep 23, 2015

The course is very interative and engaging! The scientific perspective is extremely interesting and what you will learn there will be applicable to your life. I love that there are weekly practical assignment that allow you to experience what you have learnt this week.

I would love if there was a level 2 or follow up class!!

Strongly recommended.

By Cristian B

Jan 8, 2020

Great course, very good setting with 4 brilliant “students”, great teacher, May all of you be happy, may all of you live with ease. 5/5 Stars A MUST for any psychology student. Tip: Take notes after the lesson/lecture, I learned this from fellow teachers and this made me focus really and understand the ideas that Dr Fredrickson explained.

By Laxman S R

Jul 4, 2020

As a filed the positive psychology spends much of its time thinking about topics like character strengths, optimism, life stratification, happiness, well-being, gratitude, compassion as well as self compassion, self esteem and self confidence ,hope and elevation.

A very interested subject become a positive person through out the life.

By Debbi p

May 8, 2020

Thank you Dr. Barbara Fredrickson this course was a fantastic introduction for me on positive psychology. You made the course interesting and enjoyable. You were able to show me the importance of social interactions and the wide ranging moments of love in our lives. You have inspired me to put more effort into these moments. Thank you.

By castellarnau o

Jan 15, 2019

Thank you Dr B. L. FREDRICKSON for this course. thank you for the books Positivity and Love 2.0

I enjoyed discovering, learning with you. The way you present and explain Positive Psychology makes it so clear to understand and experiment. Thanks to you I am now able to understand better Connections as paramount for Life. Only Connect !

By William S

Aug 22, 2015

Dr. Barbra Fredrickson sheds light on a subject that is essential to the fulfillment of a well lived life. This is the good stuff. As I implement these simple practices into my everyday life I reap the rewards of energy, joy and closeness to others that is so often lacking in modern times. I highly recommended this course to everyone!

By Juan E E

Dec 16, 2020

This course may have covered concepts that I am already familiar with due to my social science background however being able to view things from a fresh perspective and to create something good out of them will be beneficial for everyone. Completing this course has made me ponder on pursuing a master's degree in Positive Psychology.

By Nano H

Dec 7, 2020

es muy gratificante haber terminado mi curso, gracias Dr Barbara, y a los panelistas, fue un reto grande en un comienzo por que mi idioma nativo es el español, pero gracias a la tecnología eso no fue impedimento, adentrarme en la psicología del positivismo es un viaje que hasta ahora comienza, bendiciones para todos, éxitos siempre.

By Shravani G

Sep 26, 2020

I was delighted to take up this course...I now understand how small little things of our daily life has an impact on our mind,body and sprit. I am grateful to Dr.Fredrickson for sharing so many interesting stuffs on positive psychology and I would also thank cousera and the people those who have worked behind the scenes.

By Patrice G

Apr 15, 2020

AT first, it felt like something that I already read about, and suddenly it moved into a totally surprising direction, and what was taught and discussed has changed me profoundly, I will never look again at the people around me the same way, knowing that not only do I do good for myself but more importantly for others. Thank you.

By J. M M

May 13, 2016

This is a truly wonderful course. Barbara Fredrickson is a great facilitator and has constructed a course that flows well with a wealth of information. She will leave with great knowledge and wonderful practices to infuse positivity resonance into every aspect of your daily life. This is a must take course for anyone and everyone.

By Veronika L

Nov 29, 2015

This course is wonderfully designed to give you a different perspective on how to be a positive person. It is a great start to having better and deeper relationships. It introduces and explains in detail the basic concepts and gives you tools to improve your overall daily interactions and helps you cope with negative experiences.

By Rebecca C

Jul 2, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed undergoing this course. I am certain that my life as well as the lives of people around me is going to change to some extent at least. Dr Barbra is so interesting and her experience is vast. The course is very well designed and I did not even feel like it was an online course. Highly recommend. Thank You.

By Selena G

Dec 12, 2020

I learned so much about how our positive emotional connections with others help us to be physically healthier and makes us actually live longer! How great this realization is and i will continue to explore micro moments of emotion in my daily life! Thank you Dr. Fredrickson for this great introduction to positive psychology!

By ANDREA L D T

Dec 1, 2020

The positive psychology movement and its ripple effect, made me feel like I'm part of something much bigger. It taught me to appreciate and be more aware of the important moments that I let go or simply ignored and now I know that those micro moments, as mentioned by Dr. Fredrickson, can have the ability to change the world.

By Adam C

Oct 31, 2015

Dr. Frederickson's work is the truth. It incorporates some of the keys to a better, happier life. While her theories are relatively young, and have yet to be reshaped and refined, they have encouraged me to reevaluate my priorities, and have given me some tools to help me reach the ultimate goal: true connection with others.

By Shawnte'-Amoure S

Sep 7, 2015

This is a great course that provides many tips, tools, and tricks, on how to make the choice of living a positive

life. The professor presents an entirely new way of viewing simple everyday issues or life challenges that allow

you to persevere in a more peaceful less stressful way. I am so happy to have taken this course.

By Alfonsus G

Jun 18, 2020

This course lets me know the importance of having positive thoughts. I also became aware that having positive thoughts is not a difficult thing to do. All the benefits and how to bring up positive thoughts for yourself and others will be learned and there is a practice of meditation too. I highly recommend this class.

By Zulma V

Nov 9, 2015

An excellent introduction of Positive Psychology and a very generous delivery of the course. I would like to thank Dr. Barbara L. Fredrickson and her team because the coherent and friendly methodology. I have reinforce my ideas about the huge possibilities that authentic social connections could imply. Thank you all.

By sarah b

Nov 3, 2016

Brilliant course. This has truly added to my life in a very positive way! I plan to teach a lot of this to my Yoga students and will be creating a one day Yoga with positive psychology workshop to bring our next year. I look forward to reading the books on your list, especially Barbara's. Please do another course!

Sep 4, 2016

Really helpful to me on a daily basis, and motivating to encourage people I encounter during the day in similar positive directions. In turn, that has strengthened numerous work relationships.

Thank you for that, everyone involved had such great inputs and perspectives. That was also impressive, so thank you all!!

By Jocelyn L

Jan 27, 2021

Even if you are already a very positive person, or feel like you know a lot of this intuitively, the science really does make it that much more powerful. Also, Dr. Barbara Fredrickson is a great teach with a story that adds a lot of depth to the topic. Finally, great set up in the round table discussion format.