Back to Python for Data Science and AI

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python for Data Science and AI by IBM

This introduction to Python will kickstart your learning of Python for data science, as well as programming in general. This beginner-friendly Python course will take you from zero to programming in Python in a matter of hours. Module 1 - Python Basics o Your first program o Types o Expressions and Variables o String Operations Module 2 - Python Data Structures o Lists and Tuples o Sets o Dictionaries Module 3 - Python Programming Fundamentals o Conditions and Branching o Loops o Functions o Objects and Classes Module 4 - Working with Data in Python o Reading files with open o Writing files with open o Loading data with Pandas o Numpy Finally, you will create a project to test your skills....

HM

Nov 18, 2019

it becomes easier wand clearer when one gets to complete the assignments as to how to utilize what has been learned. Practical work is a great way to learn, which was a fundamental part of the course.

WL

Mar 14, 2019

Every course has offered something interesting, challenging, and surprising. I am glad I have spent the time with this class. I would strongly recommend it to others with an interest in data science.

1076 - 1100 of 1,781 Reviews for Python for Data Science and AI

By Neetu S

Nov 13, 2019

good

By alvaro s q r

Nov 11, 2019

Good

By Lin Y

Nov 09, 2019

good

By 이준기

Sep 17, 2019

good

By Marouane E O

Sep 02, 2019

done

By Prabhu M

Aug 31, 2019

good

By Yangala R G L S S K R

Jul 10, 2019

Good

By liushuang

Apr 26, 2019

good

By Mahesh H

Mar 26, 2019

good

By Rahul S

Feb 18, 2019

nice

By Mahesh A

Jan 04, 2019

good

By Jimut B P

Aug 27, 2018

By Meet P

Apr 20, 2019

By Rui Z

May 25, 2019

The course itself was fine, and the project was helpful. I’m thankful to IBM to come out with this course. But the Watson Studio part could be very frustrating. It is not really relevant to Python study, but you will have to use the Studio for your final project. I found he Studio to have very complex layouts, very hard to nevigate, a lack of guidance on the studio itself. I was to give 3 stars as my final project experience was so ruined by the Watson Studio, I definitely spent way more hours on figuring out Watson Studio than the Python part of the studio, and not feel it’s helpful to know Watson Studio as I probably will not use it in the future. But my reasonableness and fairness side told me, the very end of an experience in general puts more weight on one’s overall experience on something, so a bad ending of it could potentially make me to give a biased opinion, towards the down side, to the experience. So trying to overcome that bias, and being appreciate for IBM to put this course together and Coursera to offer it, I gave 4 stars.

By Zayani M

Oct 11, 2018

This course was fantastic up until the final project. I could not have finished it without the help of the folks in the discussion forums. The project was challenging, but then getting it into the right system so that it could be graded by my peers was a real headache. My suggestion is to provide more examples of how to access a website and use tuples with variables and numbers. The lesson only teaches us to use tuples with numbers.

The explanation said that the project should only take 1 hour. It took me nearly 3 hours, and most of the time was spent googling the terminology and other people's code so I would know how to start. It took me about an hour to figure out how to load the Album Cover project. I think having all of the labs and projects in the left panel was confusing. We are only used to seeing an intro, the project, and the peer review section.

By Volodymyr C

Jun 15, 2019

Really nice pace - simple to follow and labs were cool (some issues with the lab notebooks not loading up - not sure what the issue was here, but continuously trying to open them seemed to open them finally). The final assignment needed a bit of critical thinking towards the end, as there was no prior teaching of linking IBM Cloud to IBM Watson, so inputting codes from one site to another was awkward and felt hit-and-miss (thinking, wait, is this what they want me to do, or is it this?). Overall, a wonderfully-designed Python introductory course with a couple of teething issues with notebooks. I would recommend the course.

By Tsehay M H

Mar 04, 2020

This course was very helpful and full of valuable information. However, I would have appreciated more instances of directed practice. Maybe a few more scenarios in order to practice what I have learned. The labs were very helpful in illustrating each lesson but there was little practice available. I enjoyed using IBM Watson, it seems very useful however some of the instructions were unclear and having to create new accounts for each task was a bit annoying given that I would definitely have to signup to use the services in any substantial manner.

All in all, it was a good course but it could definitely be improved upon.

By Anna C

Jul 15, 2019

The course was very informational. I loved the layout of video (intro), then lab (hands on and interactive experience), then quiz (testing what you learned). The only thing I did not like was Week 5 where we worked with Watson. It seemed like we were working on things that we did not learn throughout the course. I would have preferred if we were able to continue working in a python environment outside Watson and using information we actually learned in the course. To be honest, the end of the course was quite frustrating. Overall though, great! Thanks.

By Colette C

Feb 08, 2020

I really enjoyed the subject matter in this course. Sometimes the information presented in the videos is presented in a rapid fire manner, which makes it challenging to follow the line of thought (I'm a complete beginner to computer science/data science). Also, I (along with other students) experienced some frustration with labs not working/loading. However, when trying again a day or 2 later, it seemed to work without any glitches. The final project was enjoyable, but I wish there had been a lab similar to the dashboard project.

By Hi

Jan 14, 2019

This course is pretty much an overview/an introduction to Python. I feel overwhelmed with new concepts and content in week 3 & 4. For assignments and tests, you just need to know that instructors will write complex codes/functions for you and you are tested only on simpler codes at this stage. I found the homework submission on week 5 very interesting and helpful for me to know the implication of using python and libraries in real life. Also, you will discover new solutions to the problems from the peer rating.