Back to Relational database systems

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Relational database systems by Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México

4.1

Welcome to the specialization course Relational Database Systems. This course will be completed on six weeks, it will be supported with videos and various documents that will allow you to learn in a very simple way how several types of information systems and databases are available to solve different problems and needs of the companies. Objective: A learner will be able to design, test, and implement analytical, transactional or NoSQL database systems according to business requirements by programming reliable, scalable and maintainable applications and resources using SQL and Hadoop ecosystem. Programming languages: For course 1 you will use the MYSQL language. Software to download: MySQL Workbench In case you have a Mac / IOS operating system you will need to use a virtual Machine (VirtualBox, Vmware)....

MA

Oct 28, 2019

The course refreshed my previous knowledge of database systems and let me learn some new things that I didn't know. Thanks to the team.

TA

Aug 09, 2020

This teaching was really practical and fun. I enjoyed it

1 - 25 of 29 Reviews for Relational database systems

By Derick L

Dec 09, 2019

I have given up on this course, as the content is too academic and mechanical in nature. Definition after definition, with little practical guidance on how to *design* good databases for real-world use.

The quizzes and assignments are terrible - sorry, just telling it as I see it. The sequence of topics and assignments doesn't flow. For example, why are we shown a Sybase modelling tool, that doesn't use Chen notation, but the preceding video and subsequent assignment use Chen's?

Only academics use Chen's original notation - anything real world has far too many entities/attributes for this notation to be usable. Also, none of the tools that I've seen out there use this notation for that reason. Crow's foot or IDEF1X, or even UML; never Chen's.

On the other hand, the style of presentation in the videos is engaging, rather than the usual voice over powerpoint with varied settings, and a lot of well thought out animated examples. A shame that it just doesn't fit together well and focuses too much on academic concepts and not real-world practice.

By Mohanram

Dec 17, 2019

Best course for learning designing concepts in DBMS

By Víctor J R C

Jul 16, 2019

Homeworks are not entirely clear.

By Mujtaba A

By PRUTHVI S A

Jul 06, 2020

Good

By Priyanka S

this course help me alot it would be very benificial for me if it contain more practicals . when i get my certificate?

By Hector J V M

In some exercise is difficult because we need a guide about the program, and it did not be in the course.

By Сірий А О

Jun 11, 2020

Много недочётов. Сложность в акценте и в линейности задач..

А так в целом прекрасно !

By Sehrish B

The teacher was real fast but was good.

By Rakshit D

Jun 19, 2020

Yeah not everything was "Fantastically Provided" like I would have loved to see some installation videos about the software you would use because I spent a week searching for software which I was to use in this one.

By Ntuthuko M

Jan 31, 2019

Good for beginners but the course has a few errors which need to be fixed.

By Min L

Apr 13, 2019

Just definitions after definitions, the background music is distracting.

By Mateo G J

Jan 05, 2020

I am sorry, but I cannot say anything positive about this course.

The course flies over the topics addressed

Explanations are extremely vague, so that one has to constantly look for external information

The tasks have errors and they do not use the software required for some assignments

The english spoken is incomprehensible

The course staff has not commented any of the discussion threads. If you have a question, do not count on any help by the course provider

By Dhvani M S

May 07, 2020

The course video is not having sufficient contents. Moreover, quiz in week 1 can be answered only if one has seen videos of week 2. Same is the condition for the week 2 quiz.

By Murat T

Mar 25, 2020

It is so simply.

By OUSMANE D

Oct 28, 2019

THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST COURSE I've EVER SEEN ON ONLINE PLATFORM AND I'M ENJOYING MY LEARNING. THANKS TO THIS COURSE, I'M BECOMING A VERY GOOD DATA KNOWLEDGE STUDENT. GOOD JOB.

ALL MY SINCERE THANKING TO THE UNIVERSITY AND COURSERA TEAM AS WELL AS THOSE PERSONS HO WAIVED FINANCIAL AID FOR ME IN ORDER TO HAVE A CERTIFICATE AFTER SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION.

By N'dri A T P

Jun 07, 2020

It is an enriched experience for me. This course is adapted for beginner in DBMS because it combine basics concepts with advanced ones.

By María C

Aug 10, 2020

Esta muy bien el curso sin embargo creo que para continuar requiero reforzar conocimientos básicos

By Tolulope A

Aug 09, 2020

This teaching was really practical and fun. I enjoyed it

By Rashmi C S

Jul 12, 2020

Useful and interactive course. Fun to learn

By Dragan L

Jun 01, 2020

Course was great I learned a lot

By Khairuddin S