Back to Robotics: Computational Motion Planning

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Robotics: Computational Motion Planning by University of Pennsylvania

4.3

Robotic systems typically include three components: a mechanism which is capable of exerting forces and torques on the environment, a perception system for sensing the world and a decision and control system which modulates the robot's behavior to achieve the desired ends. In this course we will consider the problem of how a robot decides what to do to achieve its goals. This problem is often referred to as Motion Planning and it has been formulated in various ways to model different situations. You will learn some of the most common approaches to addressing this problem including graph-based methods, randomized planners and artificial potential fields. Throughout the course, we will discuss the aspects of the problem that make planning challenging....

FC

Nov 28, 2018

The course was challenging, but fulfilling. Thank you Coursera and University of Pennsylvania for giving this wonderful experience and opportunity that I might not experience in our local community!

AD

Jul 03, 2018

The topic was very interesting, and the assignments weren't overly complicated. Overall, the lesson was fun and informative , despite the bugs in the learning tool(especially, the last assignment.)

226 - 233 of 233 Reviews for Robotics: Computational Motion Planning

By Emre T

Sep 03, 2017

I have completed 4 courses with this one , and I can say that this is the far worst. Course material is not enough. Assignments are not prepared well and instructions are not adequate. I realize that one must show a fair amount of effort to learn a subject, however, in this course it is almost like TA's are trying to make it difficult us to learn. You must enrich the course material that one should be able to go deep in subject and make the assignments clearer .

By Qi L

Feb 20, 2016

The assignment code is ambiguous and the assignment is not clear! The lecture is not much helpful than I thought it would be. Overall, I would not recommend this course if you don't need the certificate.

By Piotr G

Apr 01, 2016

This course need a serious rework.

For the moment I finished it biggest problem was very unclear grading of programming assignments and lack of learning materials.

By Aditya M D

Oct 25, 2016

Could have been awesome course if it discussed some detailed approaches. Only 3 panning approaches discussed in 4 weeks, thus disappointing.

By Ahmed E

Mar 06, 2016

The course is so weak. No enough illustration for the content of the course. It's too short and not prepared very well.

By Oscar d l H I

Feb 14, 2017

All the assignments are so unclear and you´ve to lose so much time trying to understand the goal of the problem.

By K0r01

Jan 11, 2018

robustness of assignment auto-grader completely ruined the experience of this course.

By Ihor Y

Mar 14, 2016

I believe Penn can do better