Back to Search Engine Optimization Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Search Engine Optimization Fundamentals by University of California, Davis

Gain an understanding of search engine algorithms and how they affect organic search results and websites. Building on this knowledge, you’ll learn the key elements for creating an effective SEO strategy, including how to select keywords and perform keyword research; consumer psychology and search behavior; and how to conduct on-page SEO analysis to identify opportunities to improve a website’s search optimization....
Highlights
Practical and applicable
(19 Reviews)
Great introduction
(3 Reviews)

AA

Jul 01, 2017

This is not a trivial subject. Nevertheless, I feel completely confident in my newfound knowledge of it. Not only that, but I am very motivated to keep going with the rest of the specialization now.

MY

Jun 10, 2018

this is amazing SEO course . i am first time learning about SEO . its really informative and help me to improve my skill. i really thanks to coursera to give this opportunity to learn this course.

276 - 300 of 310 Reviews for Search Engine Optimization Fundamentals

By Fernando C C

Feb 19, 2018

Excelent course and program. I'd say outstanding, even, if not for the really dull and long assignment at the end.

By Vaylyn R

Nov 18, 2016

Great course I do wish the tools were introduced or at least downloaded in this section instead of fundamentals.

By Panagiotis K

May 09, 2016

Excellent content, but I would prefer the assignments be evaluated and rated by experts, not the colleagues.

By shubangini

Jan 24, 2018

The contents of the course provides rich fundamentals for everyone who would like to get insights into SEO.

By Muhammad W M

Nov 30, 2019

I really liked the hands-on exercises in this course. It helped me apply all the learning practically

By Claudia F

Nov 24, 2016

Helpful introductory, but should place more emphasis on the ools you could use to perform SEO Tasks.

By Ellie H

Mar 18, 2020

Really informative and easy to follow. Not sure peer review is the most effective way of marking.

By Tesh

Oct 10, 2016

This course is very good. It would have been nice to have the slides hence four stars.

By Bernardo C

Aug 13, 2019

I would rate it as a 4.5 because I would have loved more exercises.

By VL

Jan 16, 2018

I learned what to do, looking forward to learning how!!

By Rachael H

Dec 13, 2019

A good start to learn the Fundamentals on your own.

By Christine K

Mar 18, 2019

Very good content. Helpfu and comprehensive.

By Vivian Y Q

Jul 25, 2017

wish more demonstrations with software

By David R P

Oct 05, 2017

loved this course and learned a lot

By David W

Sep 13, 2017

The hands on work was very helpful.

By Anwesha M

Aug 09, 2018

Peer review is taking a long time.

By Ravi U

Dec 08, 2018

Love the course, seriously :)

By Anna G

Jun 09, 2017

I

By Scott H S

Feb 10, 2020

Overall I enjoyed this course and gained valuable insight on SEO best practices, etc. That said, I was quite disappointed and alarmed to discover that much of the content is outdated, specifically the recommendations given by the instructor in Video 4 of Week 4. While I couldn't in good conscience rate the class less than three stars overall, the experience has caused me to doubt that the content of other Coursera courses are timely, particularly in regard to current best practices. I had planned on signing up for another Coursera course, however unfortunately I now will not, as I have the fear of spending time and money on a course that provides outdated information. I believe the decent thing for Coursera to do at this point is to refund part of my tuition, however I don't expect this. Scott

By Janaki R

Jun 26, 2017

This course provides essential information in how to best utilize the tools available today to analyze and optimize a site so that it will move up in the organic search results. I have 2 criticisms. First, some of the content may be from 2015. I am not sure about this, but it would have been great to be reassured that this is absolutely the latest information since it is now summer 2017. Second, the final week's project was extremely time consuming to do correctly. It would have been better if the instructor had divided the sections of the final project into the lecture series so that it could have been completed in stages. If you notice, the time allotment for it is 8hrs and this is correct. If you leave it to the last couple of days you will end up doing long sessions.

By Marten B

Jul 27, 2017

I learn differently than most students. It makes it very challenging for a person with dyslexia not having the availability of an instructor, or a person that understands the issue with a learning challenge. However there aren't any online courses that take any of these types of challenges into consideration without being prohibitively expensive. Hence Coursera is my only option. It takes me twice the time to comprehend the verbiage compared to most people. When a person has dyslexia a page of instructions looks like a foreign language. Thank you - Marten Benatar

By Māris Š

May 19, 2016

Course quality went downhill, compared to previous course in series. No 'teacher' involvement in comments / questions. Mistakes within quizzes. Both practice and rated.

By Teresa F

Sep 11, 2019

This course offers good direction for SEO fundamentals. However, it lacks individual guidance and ongoing course maintenance from the lecturer staff at UC Davis.