Back to Search Engine Optimization Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Search Engine Optimization Fundamentals by University of California, Davis

Gain an understanding of search engine algorithms and how they affect organic search results and websites. Building on this knowledge, you’ll learn the key elements for creating an effective SEO strategy, including how to select keywords and perform keyword research; consumer psychology and search behavior; and how to conduct on-page SEO analysis to identify opportunities to improve a website’s search optimization....
Highlights
Practical and applicable
(19 Reviews)
Great introduction
(3 Reviews)

AA

Jul 01, 2017

This is not a trivial subject. Nevertheless, I feel completely confident in my newfound knowledge of it. Not only that, but I am very motivated to keep going with the rest of the specialization now.

MY

Jun 10, 2018

this is amazing SEO course . i am first time learning about SEO . its really informative and help me to improve my skill. i really thanks to coursera to give this opportunity to learn this course.

251 - 275 of 305 Reviews for Search Engine Optimization Fundamentals

By Mudasir L

Jan 15, 2018

good

By bilal n

Jun 08, 2017

best

By Marty S

May 12, 2016

a

By Jill W

Nov 26, 2019

This course is very informative, but I wish the content was updated. Some of what I learned contradicts current information. As has been repeatedly mentioned throughout Course 1 and 2 is that SEO changes fast. So, being that the creators of these courses know that, they should update the content regularly to reflect those changes.

A frustrating part of the course is the peer review. I took the time to carefully read and appropriately grade other students' work. However, two students didn't read my work but seemed to haphazardly click on the bubbles. For example, I clearly showed 4 pages and even numbered them, but one student clicked on the option that I didn't have 4 pages. There's another example, but I don't want to give too much away because this is a "graded" test. In other words, because of carelessness, I received a lower grade.

By Lisa H

Oct 27, 2016

This course is sooooo much better than the intro course, which I am happy to say i was refunded for. This one dispenses useful and practical information right from the start. My only issue now is that I'd like to get the full specialization, but I'm not paying for that first useless course (sorry if that sounds harsh, just being honest). I highly recommend you make the first course optional or free to people who take the remaining courses and want to receive the specialization.

I'm rating 4 stars because I haven't finished the course yet so want to see how my learning will be tested in the end before forming a final opinion. So far it's just been a few questions, but I like the way they pop up at unexpected times during the presentation. Keeps me alert :)

By Wendy T

Dec 05, 2017

The lesson is fundamental learning while a good start for me to delve into SEO content marketing and marketing strategy latter. The subjects cover the on-page, onsite and offsite SEO learning points and attachment in every session is the detail topics for further study. I think it is beneficial to have the overall review in the last. I shall do the SEO analysis for a website which is poor in SEO and assess other students' SEO homework. I really learn a lot.

By Jill M

Jul 15, 2018

Tons of very useful information. I would like to see a reference page of resources and what they are best used for--Moz, Screaming Frog, Alexa, Google Analytics, etc. It was tough to go back and find what I needed for different tasks. Overall, though, this class increased my knowledge and skills to the point that I feel confident analyzing some SEO fundamentals and making sound recommendations.

By Jann G

Sep 08, 2016

The course materials are very good for anyone who wants to get into SEO. I only gave 4 stars because I personally dislike the quizzes. They don't focus on what's important but rather on small detail questions that don't really matter.

Other than that it's a great course! Most of it you can find in books too but with videos & the community it's more fun to learn on Coursera.

By Manon G

Mar 10, 2020

Very interesting course, I am really happy and grateful that I am now certified and I learned quite a lot!

Just a few things:

1) The peer review part is a little stressful because you need to find people to review your assignment.

2) Some content appears to be outdated.

Other than that I had a great experience and I will definitely recommend Coursera!

By Hampus N

Jun 05, 2017

Good course. I however missed a walkthrough of title tag and meta description lengths in terms of pixels instead of characters which is the correct way. Also the difference in how the SERP truncates meta descriptions differently in a mobile browser.

By Miriam F

Sep 27, 2017

This course was quite good. There were a couple unanswered questions (for example, when you say there's a character limit of 60 on something, does that include spaces or not?). But for the most part this is well worth your time and has good advice.

By Jeremy L

Mar 29, 2018

Great info, stellar detail. There were some things that were said to be provided in the course materials, ie. links, and downloads that weren't actually there. Just a minor thing to the great value being offered. Thanks for being here for me!

By Jelena D

Feb 28, 2018

The course is ok and gives more details than the introductory course. However asks us to use tools which we have to pay in order to perform the tasks properly.

By Virginija K

Apr 01, 2016

I found this very useful for the beginning with SEO. There are lots of the areas to deepen, but for general understanding it was really convenient.

By oluwagbeminiyi o

Aug 17, 2019

I dislike the peer graded assignments. This paradigm destroys the whole "learn at your own pace" advantage that was the reason for using coursera.

By Mathis

Dec 02, 2019

Good introduction with some concrete steps to take when wanting to dive into the topic or simply trying to do some SEO work on your own.

By Kim J P

Mar 25, 2019

I don't like that i have to wait for others so that I can complete the course and get the certificate. It's expensive to have to wait.

By Nneka H

Feb 17, 2020

By the time you complete this course, you would have a better understanding of what your focus should be on in the world of SEO.

By Iris v M

Dec 01, 2019

I've learned a lot from this course, much more than from the first course in this series. I'm curious about the next one!

By Maged M

Aug 29, 2017

The best thing in the course was the hands-on peer assignment at the end!

Please, add more of these hands-on material.

By Sebastià G G

May 26, 2016

Hice el curso anterior "Introduction to Search Engine Optimization" y este va mejorando, sin duda haré el siguiente.

By Fernando C C

Feb 19, 2018

Excelent course and program. I'd say outstanding, even, if not for the really dull and long assignment at the end.

By Vaylyn R

Nov 18, 2016

Great course I do wish the tools were introduced or at least downloaded in this section instead of fundamentals.

By Panagiotis K

May 09, 2016

Excellent content, but I would prefer the assignments be evaluated and rated by experts, not the colleagues.

By shubangini

Jan 24, 2018

The contents of the course provides rich fundamentals for everyone who would like to get insights into SEO.