Back to Advanced Content and Social Tactics to Optimize SEO

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Advanced Content and Social Tactics to Optimize SEO by University of California, Davis

Discover the content marketing and social media ecosystems and how these interconnected channels drive search results to a website. Leverage content marketing and social media as part of your SEO strategy, and how to use influence marketing to establish a website’s authority....

RB

Aug 07, 2019

Very helpful course and challenging. Advanced content and social tactics are one of the most important and crucial skills in SEO and they have explained and carried out the course really well.

JN

Mar 27, 2017

Great course. Huge amount of content. Lecturers are easy to listen to. Be sure to allow enough time for the reading and major assignments. The readings take much longer than indicated.

1 - 25 of 114 Reviews for Advanced Content and Social Tactics to Optimize SEO

By Dina I

Mar 05, 2019

The content was great but the peer reviewed assignment is messy. The grading for the assignment can be pretty subjective and it seems that there is not enough people to get all of them done.

There are a lot of people that are asking for their papers to still be graded and mine is not done either. Somehow this has to be better organized. I have not had this sort of challenges in other classes where instructors outline the deliverables, grading and have enough people to review papers.

By PJH4068

Feb 12, 2020

While there are some real gems in the content, much of it is outdated. Google Plus is no longer extant, so why is it included in the class material? Some of the studies are about six years old - that's a very long time in a tech environment; I am sure many newer versions are available.

By Jennifer C

Nov 23, 2018

Terrific course! Really great information from both tangible and intangible perspectives. I learned so much and I was able to apply it immediately. I felt energized and excited by the content and I was able to complete my course with a great feeling of achievement and also one of preparedness for what is to come. I'm eager to head to the next module as I am committed to completing the specialization and earning my certificate. I am not a college graduate but I have a true thirst for learning so Coursera is my go-to service for continued education in a way that suits my lifestyle and interests.

By Muhammad A

Mar 30, 2020

Amazing course if you want to learn SEO than must take it

By Teresa D

Apr 05, 2020

I truly love this course and got a lot out of it. The only downside to these courses are the peer graded assignments rather than instructor graded. I find that in order to get proper credit each section/answer that fits the rubric has to be labeled and highlighted as some students do not really pay close attention and/or are not native to the English language and struggle to find information. I have turned in the same assignment for two very different grades with the only change being my highlighting the exact answers that the grading rubric covers.

By chaco d

Jan 27, 2020

lots of good information in this course that I was able to connect to my own advertising experience. The whole course has given me a greater understanding of how to approach SEO beyond just looking for keywords.

By Kara D L - G

Mar 23, 2018

Good and informative course! However, some information may be outdated such as Vine being no longer available, and the new emergence of Facebook My Day and Instagram Stories.

By Edwin S L I

Feb 06, 2019

Very good course but something old

By Rebecca G

Dec 05, 2016

Overall a decent course to audit, but I think it was almost too repetitive and lacked a lot of substance. It would have been nice to really focus on great content types, versus share, share, share.

By Alex D

Nov 21, 2018

Doesn't seem to "advanced." And lots of fluff! A bit of a waste of time

By Astrid K

Nov 23, 2016

1 star for the course, the video's are longer than needed because the instructor could be telling his stories in a more structured way. There's too much self-promotion (or maybe that's normal in the US).

1 star because the final assignment gives a lot of insight, although it's on the long side.

By DW P

Jan 19, 2018

Superficial, mostly common sense.

By Jill W

Jan 21, 2020

Enge professes to be knowledgeable about understanding target audiences, but he has much to learn. In week 4’s Creating World Class Content, Enge offers two examples of partnerships. The first? Playboy, of course. Enge explains how a stunt cyclist was filmed having “all kinds of interesting interactions with Playmates… .” I couldn’t help but be reminded of what many IT departments looked like not too long ago, Playboy and Penthouse pin-ups on the walls; in other words, the clubhouse sign “no girls allowed.” As if to ameliorate any microaggressions his audience is experiencing (maybe Enge does know his audience), he offers as a second example a “company that really focuses on educating and empowering girls all over the globe.”

Enge might be beyond hope, but I believe Coursera can do better. First, Coursera should have guidelines educators must follow to ensure ALL learners feel welcome. Second, Coursera should review material before the courses are offered. Maybe Coursera already has these steps in place, but this video somehow slipped through the cracks. Well Coursera, here is your chance to do something about that. What will it be?

By Nicolas S V

Apr 01, 2018

Repetitive content, and for the peer review assignment they say: "hey just go back to course 2 for doing this project" :S, really?.

The course is pretty much abandoned, people is having trouble trying to get the reviews they need, and there are a lot of repeated messages from the professor, who I guess scheduled the same message to appear in each session but only generates noise since from all the messages I have read, some people answer but he never gives feedback, WTF?

Also the peer review assignment is ambiguous since the RUBRIC questions are subjective :S !

By Twinkle J

The course was very insightful and informative. I learned many things related to backlinks, content, and social media optimization. The best thing is all the sessions were based on practical learning. The reading material was also very helpful. Thankful to Eric Enge for the course.

By Ikhlaq H

Oct 10, 2016

Brilliant course, full of golden nuggets. Eric is a master at articulating the SEO / Social Media across and lessons are concise and to the point, with no mumbo jumbo jargon straight up plain English. You would be foolish to miss this if undertaking the specialization path.

By Christiane B

Apr 11, 2017

The course was really useful. Quite detailed on learning how to build a successful content MKT strategy. My suggestion would be to have more graded open questions during the other weeks so that we could build a more detailed plan as a final task. Congratulations!

By Alberto O I

May 06, 2020

Totally worth it. If you made it until this course in the Specialisation, this course is a must. Eric Enge is one of the co-authors of "The Art of SEO", if you know what that means, then you'll take it for the value that you get along the way.

By Gulnar B

Dec 11, 2019

Interesting and helpful content. I really enjoyed Eric's style of instruction. Great course, good material and simple examples. The lessons were very exciting and in-depth. I learned a lot and thanks a lot for your effort. Stay blessed.

By Riza G B

Aug 07, 2019

By Joanne N

Mar 27, 2017

By Allysia M

Jan 19, 2020

Really practical and inspiring course content. Eric Enge is a great lecturer and I'd recommend this to anyone who's seeking a firmer grasp on content marketing tactics. Thanks!

By John W

Jan 16, 2017

Very practical, thorough and well presented. The presenter's self confidence comes through and adds great credibility to the course. Very easy to comprehend and listen too.

By Debasish K P

Dec 03, 2019

This course gives good amount of information and right amount of tactics for SEO optimization and content marketing, based on how we deal with our day to day activities.

By Santosh B

May 22, 2020

The course is great, I love the course. Additionally, It would be great if instructor provide some skill based tactics for social media marketing. Thanks Instructor.