Back to Becoming a changemaker: Introduction to Social Innovation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Becoming a changemaker: Introduction to Social Innovation by University of Cape Town

This free 6 week course is for anyone who wants to make a difference. Whether you are already familiar with the field of social innovation or social entrepreneurship, working for an organization that wants to increase its social impact, or just starting out, this course will take you on a journey of exploring the complex problems that surround us and how to start thinking about solutions. We will debunk common assumptions around what resources are needed to begin acting as a social innovator. We will learn from the numerous examples of social innovations happening all over the world. You will be challenged to get out of your comfort zone and start engaging with the diverse spaces around you. By the end of the course, you will have formed your own approach to social innovation, and you will have begun to develop the concepts, mindset, skills, and relationships that will enable you to start and evolve as a changemaker. You will be able to purchase a Verified Certificate if you wish to show evidence of your achievements, but this is optional, and you may apply for Financial Aid if you are unable to pay the certificate fee. The Bertha Centre for Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship co-created this course with RLabs, a social movement ‘born-and-bred’ in Bridgetown, Cape Town that is now active in 22 countries. The movement empowers youth through innovative and disruptive technology by teaching them vital skills and providing much needed support and a sense of community. Advocating and supporting initiatives such as RLabs forms part of the Bertha Centre’s mandate. The Centre is a specialised unit at University of Cape Town’s Graduate School of Business, and is the first academic centre in Africa dedicated to advancing social innovation and entrepreneurship. You can view the course trailer at www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcWYG64WO20 Tweet about this course using the hashtag #socinnMOOC...

SI
Feb 10, 2018

Highly recommended for the change agents who have no background in social entrepreneurship. This course will walk you through step by step into changing the system for the better of humanity habitats.

SA
Jul 2, 2020

This course was great! I learned a lot through discussion and project submissions. I have not only learned how to create change in my community but I have taken the first steps to make it a reality.

201 - 225 of 518 Reviews for Becoming a changemaker: Introduction to Social Innovation

By Ziaur R N A

Jun 7, 2020

Excellent course which provides the purpose of life and what we can do for the world! Great professors and amazing minds! thank you All!

By TOLEKA D

May 30, 2021

This course helps you grow your idea of social innovation as well as help you mould your idea into something that will sustain its self

By Issahaku G S

This is a very good course, my eyes have been opened to the world of social innovation. I recommend this for everyone to enroll. Thanks

By Melissa C

Feb 4, 2018

I have learned more in the first two weeks of class than a full semester in my undergrad studies. Great videos and hands-on activities!

By SIHLE M

May 23, 2021

The course taught me a lot about social innovation and now I am ready to start with community projects that I mentioned in the course.

By juanique a

Apr 8, 2021

learning to change lives and put your faith in to action and come out of your comfortable zone makes a person to learn also themselfs.

By Maciek Z

Jan 21, 2018

It's a terrific course! Very well designed, structure, rich with real-life examples and opportunities to interact with other learners.

By Fiona

Jun 18, 2017

Insightful and gives you a broader perspective on how to get your social innovation started. The case studies were very useful to me.

By Lara N M

Aug 20, 2020

Great course! Good way of learning how to take a different look at the world around us and the resources available to us. Thank you!

By Thanyanuch T

Jul 23, 2020

Very inspiring. Teaching materials are concise and easy to follow. And assignments are helpful to stimulate thoughts and creativity

By Sufi S H J

Jun 13, 2017

Very good course. Professionally selected material and structure. Engaging and new. Thank you for creating such a demanding course.

By Carl2891

May 14, 2020

Excellent teachers, interesting content and worth materials. To sum up it´s so worth to spend time in courses like this. Congrats!

By osunmakinde m

i thoroughly enjoyed this course. the lecturer did a brilliant job at simplifying branding. the examples used were also vert apt.

By Anita A

Jan 3, 2019

Introduction to Social Innovation pushes you to be innovative. I really enjoyed this course! Kudos to the lecturers and the team!

By Richa C

Apr 15, 2021

This was overall a good experience of gaining knowledge and also having creative ideas to implement to make that social change.

By Andrei V

Awesome course! Interactive, insightful, with a great case study with RLabs. Great video content and course plan and structure.

By Daniel C

Professors care and the quality of the information is relevant and useful. The additional readings and resources are excellent.

By RENE S

Dec 18, 2017

Absolutely awesome course. I am strongly considering making my social enterprise a reality. Very excited to plan and imelement.

By Phindulo T

Mar 2, 2021

I learnt a lot from this course. Now I am more confident and ready to start my social innovation journey. Thank you very much!

By Austin P

Jul 15, 2020

This class taught me a lot particularly on how to implement social change through impact business, lifestyle, and principles.

By Berna B

May 7, 2020

I love the course a lot! very insightful and make it easier to really understand concepts via real social innovation projects

By Sarel v d W

May 28, 2018

Good intro & overview of social innovation. Learned a lot and will definitely expand my knowledge & activities in this area.

By Catalina B

Nov 1, 2016

It is a wonderful course that brings great tools to think and develop ideas towards social innovation. Highly recommend it!

By Bandhana D

Jun 17, 2020

A fantastic course -well conducted and taught, with learned guest speakers. It is a thought provoking and inspiring course!

By Ma. C A

Jun 5, 2020

This course has so much heart. Thank you for the opportunity. May God bless the work of all the social innovators' hands .