Back to Becoming a changemaker: Introduction to Social Innovation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Becoming a changemaker: Introduction to Social Innovation by University of Cape Town

This free 6 week course is for anyone who wants to make a difference. Whether you are already familiar with the field of social innovation or social entrepreneurship, working for an organization that wants to increase its social impact, or just starting out, this course will take you on a journey of exploring the complex problems that surround us and how to start thinking about solutions. We will debunk common assumptions around what resources are needed to begin acting as a social innovator. We will learn from the numerous examples of social innovations happening all over the world. You will be challenged to get out of your comfort zone and start engaging with the diverse spaces around you. By the end of the course, you will have formed your own approach to social innovation, and you will have begun to develop the concepts, mindset, skills, and relationships that will enable you to start and evolve as a changemaker. You will be able to purchase a Verified Certificate if you wish to show evidence of your achievements, but this is optional, and you may apply for Financial Aid if you are unable to pay the certificate fee. The Bertha Centre for Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship co-created this course with RLabs, a social movement ‘born-and-bred’ in Bridgetown, Cape Town that is now active in 22 countries. The movement empowers youth through innovative and disruptive technology by teaching them vital skills and providing much needed support and a sense of community. Advocating and supporting initiatives such as RLabs forms part of the Bertha Centre’s mandate. The Centre is a specialised unit at University of Cape Town’s Graduate School of Business, and is the first academic centre in Africa dedicated to advancing social innovation and entrepreneurship. You can view the course trailer at www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcWYG64WO20 Tweet about this course using the hashtag #socinnMOOC...

SI
Feb 10, 2018

Highly recommended for the change agents who have no background in social entrepreneurship. This course will walk you through step by step into changing the system for the better of humanity habitats.

SA
Jul 2, 2020

This course was great! I learned a lot through discussion and project submissions. I have not only learned how to create change in my community but I have taken the first steps to make it a reality.

251 - 275 of 463 Reviews for Becoming a changemaker: Introduction to Social Innovation

By Keane L J W

May 12, 2020

Great course, provided several tools and modes for thinking which are extremely valuable!

By MNIKO S

Sep 16, 2017

well organized and structured course, i recommend to all young people to take this course

By RAHUL P G

Nov 19, 2018

absolutely amazing course. I AM OVERWHELMED. THIS IS A EMOTIONAL MOMENT FOR ME. THANK U.

By Miguel A C R

Sep 8, 2018

Is a really interesting course and very helpful to start your social innovation journey!

By Deesamer

Apr 21, 2020

I love this course. The professors and RLab participants are very inspirational for me.

By Cristina C

Nov 28, 2016

Excellent course for anyone interested in social innovation and generating novel ideas.

By Neda K

Apr 20, 2020

One of the best course which I participated. I have learned .thx from the Middle East.

By Lindokuhle S

Oct 3, 2020

Great introductory course! Allows you to put some of the key principles to practice.

By ONUR C

Oct 6, 2020

This course really did a lot for me. I am grateful to the University of Cape Town.

By Simileoluwa A

Oct 2, 2020

Course was relatable, intense yet simple in presentation.

I really enjoyed myself.

By abhishek a

Impressive the way this mooc was designed and explained in depth all the concepts.

By Mohammed A

Aug 9, 2020

I have really loved the course and the instructors. It helps you to think deeper.

By Peter L

Nov 10, 2020

Excellent course = I learned a lot more from this course than I thought possible

By Lekaota D L

Jun 30, 2020

This course has given me practical tools to set up my social innovation project.

By ADITYA J

Nicest course I have ever done. It made me a critical as well as social thinker.

By Duong D Q D

May 15, 2020

Great to know more about the world around and understand about social innovation

By Tony S

Sep 12, 2020

I enjoyed this course. It will contribute to the changes I will make! Thank you

By Maria M

Aug 25, 2020

Excellent course! Very useful as I just have started a social business journey.

By Praveen K

Jun 29, 2020

Its great course to start your journey as a social innovator and a changemaker!

By Lazaros A

Oct 19, 2020

Very good presentation of the relation between social and system innovation.

By samantha p

Jul 23, 2019

Great way to start projects which may have been stagnant ....gets one going.

By Vivian P

Aug 7, 2020

loved it

Theres actual implementation of executing a social innovations plan

By ANIS 2

Sep 25, 2020

Its a good course for those who want to make a change in their community .

By Hana W

May 23, 2020

This course taps your humanity and gemeinschaftsgefühl in a proactive way!

By Sierra Y

Oct 23, 2020

Very eye-opening to the work that goes into creating lasting innovations!