Back to Becoming a changemaker: Introduction to Social Innovation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Becoming a changemaker: Introduction to Social Innovation by University of Cape Town

This free 6 week course is for anyone who wants to make a difference. Whether you are already familiar with the field of social innovation or social entrepreneurship, working for an organization that wants to increase its social impact, or just starting out, this course will take you on a journey of exploring the complex problems that surround us and how to start thinking about solutions. We will debunk common assumptions around what resources are needed to begin acting as a social innovator. We will learn from the numerous examples of social innovations happening all over the world. You will be challenged to get out of your comfort zone and start engaging with the diverse spaces around you. By the end of the course, you will have formed your own approach to social innovation, and you will have begun to develop the concepts, mindset, skills, and relationships that will enable you to start and evolve as a changemaker. You will be able to purchase a Verified Certificate if you wish to show evidence of your achievements, but this is optional, and you may apply for Financial Aid if you are unable to pay the certificate fee. The Bertha Centre for Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship co-created this course with RLabs, a social movement ‘born-and-bred’ in Bridgetown, Cape Town that is now active in 22 countries. The movement empowers youth through innovative and disruptive technology by teaching them vital skills and providing much needed support and a sense of community. Advocating and supporting initiatives such as RLabs forms part of the Bertha Centre’s mandate. The Centre is a specialised unit at University of Cape Town’s Graduate School of Business, and is the first academic centre in Africa dedicated to advancing social innovation and entrepreneurship. You can view the course trailer at www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcWYG64WO20 Tweet about this course using the hashtag #socinnMOOC...

SI
Feb 10, 2018

Highly recommended for the change agents who have no background in social entrepreneurship. This course will walk you through step by step into changing the system for the better of humanity habitats.

SA
Jul 2, 2020

This course was great! I learned a lot through discussion and project submissions. I have not only learned how to create change in my community but I have taken the first steps to make it a reality.

226 - 250 of 542 Reviews for Becoming a changemaker: Introduction to Social Innovation

By Phindulo T

Mar 2, 2021

I learnt a lot from this course. Now I am more confident and ready to start my social innovation journey. Thank you very much!

By Austin P

Jul 15, 2020

This class taught me a lot particularly on how to implement social change through impact business, lifestyle, and principles.

By Berna B

May 7, 2020

I love the course a lot! very insightful and make it easier to really understand concepts via real social innovation projects

By Sarel v d W

May 28, 2018

Good intro & overview of social innovation. Learned a lot and will definitely expand my knowledge & activities in this area.

By Catalina B

Nov 1, 2016

It is a wonderful course that brings great tools to think and develop ideas towards social innovation. Highly recommend it!

By Bandhana D

Jun 17, 2020

A fantastic course -well conducted and taught, with learned guest speakers. It is a thought provoking and inspiring course!

By Ma. C A

Jun 5, 2020

This course has so much heart. Thank you for the opportunity. May God bless the work of all the social innovators' hands .

By Valérie d L R D

Apr 2, 2020

Une belle introduction à l'innovation sociale en Afrique du Sud, des projets passionnants présentés avec analyse et recul !

By Saravanan V

Jul 16, 2020

course was really explained well about lots of issues in social economical environment and ways to handle in better ways.

By Claire P

Feb 26, 2021

Thank you so much for this course on providing guidance and a framework to develop ideas, grow and give and get feedback!

By Rithik Y

Oct 25, 2018

A really awakening and challenging course for anyone who wants to help the world become a better place with their ideas.

By JAYANTI B

Feb 6, 2017

Insightful material and great facilitators. The idea of explaining through workings of a real organization worked well!

By Marija S

Jul 27, 2020

Very lovely, motivating, and inspiring course! I encourage everyone who has desire to make change to take this course!

By Nisara P

Jun 1, 2020

This course inspires me a lot to change the world I live in to be a better place. I do recommend to join this course.

By Kuldeep C

I started this course as a part of my curriculum agenda, glad to say I could takeaway many personal learning as well.

By Sujan S

Dec 9, 2016

These course is very good for me since being the student of social work i could explore by myself with lots of ideas.

By Jon C

Aug 25, 2020

Excellent, it really opened my mind, changed the way I see problems and think about creative ways to find solutions

By Tumelo M

Mar 16, 2017

Great course that helps you to be able to identify opportunities within your community that helps bring develoment.

By Eliza N V

Aug 2, 2021

Amazing course! Definitely a must for anyone wanting to have a positive and sustainable impact on their community.

By Mayibongwe S

Enjoyed the course. Would recommend it for anyone planning on doing community projects or solving social problems.

By Anathi J

May 5, 2021

I have learnt a lot from coursera and I'm super grateful for being part of RLabs. I will always keep my momentum.

By Juliane ( K

Apr 15, 2020

Learned a lot from this course. Many applications for use in personal, professional, and societal interactions.

By Claudia O

Dec 2, 2016

It's an awesome course. Well explained, excellent exercises, the topic were mind-blowing. I would take it again.

By Parveen P

Feb 9, 2020

Really great course with practical inputs from real life people. Made difference in my way of seeing things.

By Stella O

May 13, 2020

This was an excellent course. The delivery style was great and very easy to follow. I've learnt a whole lot.