Back to Software Processes and Agile Practices

Software Processes and Agile Practices, University of Alberta

About this Course

This course delves into a variety of processes to structure software development. It also covers the foundations of core Agile practices, such as Extreme Programming and Scrum....

By KC

Aug 12, 2017

I had read about the different agiles methodologies out there but It was until I took this course that I could "digest" them and internalize how to chose the right one for me and how to apply them.

By JO

Feb 06, 2016

What other way to learn and understand Software Processes and Agile Practices than to register to Software Product Management at the University of Alberta, Canada.\n\nI rate the course 5 star.

333 Reviews

By TONY

Jan 08, 2019

Since I am a new Software Development student I really enjoyed learning about something new yet somewhat related to simple project management. I studied Business software applications and would like to refine my skills in Software and the processes involved in software projects and the requirements and skills necessary.

I look forward to gaining more valuable skills moving forward.....

By Ravitosh Dubey

Dec 25, 2018

Great material to enhance your career.

By Freek de Bruijn

Dec 22, 2018

It's challenging to teach and learn product management through an online course. You can get an overview of the important topics and learn the theory, but this doesn't enable discussion, exchanging experiences, and forming balanced opinions. A product management does a lot of her/his work by talking (to many different people involved), which is very difficult to train online (it could be done with role playing assignments supported by video conferencing, but I think learning from experienced colleagues in practice is a much better way). The quizzes are often a good way to rehearse the topics that have been explained, but sometimes feel like an extremely simplified black-white view on very nuanced issues.

The best parts of the Software Product Management courses for me were the larger assignments you make that are reviewed by fellow students (getting feedback is very useful and it's also instructive to see what approach your peers took) and the interviews with experienced product managers which offer valuable insights in the complicated situations product managers often have to deal with.

I recommend this course to anyone that is new to software product management and quite new to software development. The course can be a good first step on your path to becoming a product manager, as long as you realize that you will also need a lot of skills that an online course cannot teach you.

By Hend Aladdin

Dec 12, 2018

Great informative course. I learnt a lot of new concepts here with very simple and to-the-point examples

By Neal Kumar

Nov 27, 2018

Huge waste of time....course covers nothing substantive. It takes a very interesting subject, software product management, and transforms it into the world's most boring thing. Not to mention, the content itself - pretty useless, in my opinion. Come on Coursera and U of A - I expected better from both of you!

By Manuel Conesa Escolar

Nov 14, 2018

The best thing is to witness professionals with real experience showing you the big picture and the details.

By Oleksandra Sira

Nov 13, 2018

That was amazing!

I learned lots of new useful information!

Never thought the product manager does so much work on the project:)

By Alexey Vysokov

Nov 12, 2018

Very interesting and very useful course.

By Luis Rafael Silva Moreno

Nov 11, 2018

Wow, I like it!!.. It help me to learn better practices to build better software!

By Nora Cocan

Nov 10, 2018

Focused, relevant, well delivered. Strongly recommend.