Back to Software Processes and Agile Practices

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Software Processes and Agile Practices by University of Alberta

This course delves into a variety of processes to structure software development. It also covers the foundations of core Agile practices, such as Extreme Programming and Scrum....

KC

Aug 12, 2017

I had read about the different agiles methodologies out there but It was until I took this course that I could "digest" them and internalize how to chose the right one for me and how to apply them.

JO

Feb 06, 2016

What other way to learn and understand Software Processes and Agile Practices than to register to Software Product Management at the University of Alberta, Canada.\n\nI rate the course 5 star.

1 - 25 of 573 Reviews for Software Processes and Agile Practices

By Kattia C

Aug 12, 2017

By Supakrit B

Apr 30, 2018

This course is good for learning an overview of agile processes. However, it does not make you ready for executing these processes in actual environment. In my opinion, this course lacks case studies that allow student to link the model to the real-world problem, making it hard to understand which model should we apply in which situation.

By Hang Z

Jul 24, 2018

Lack of practical examples of agile. Too many theory and memorization.

By Pallavi S

Nov 02, 2016

Lecture presentation is very very robotic. It's hard to follow the lecture without proper diagrams or examples.

By Задойный А

Nov 19, 2015

very bad, useless course. Just listing the names of the methods and practices.

By pengwei

Jul 28, 2016

The lecture just reads books.

By Abdulkadir S

I was able to refresh my knowledge on Fundamentals of some software development processes and practices used in the industry today.

Deep dive into Agile practices using some popular methodologies such as extreme programming (XP) and Scrum and the practices they implement.

Emerging software practice called Lean software development, learnt how Kanban is used within lean to track a team's progress and ensure that everyone is following a Just-In-Time production strategy.

It was a wonderful experience taking this course as part of my software product management specialization. The ideas are intriguing.

By ZIAFAT A

Sep 12, 2019

"Software Processes and Agile Practices" course was one of my step towards success. the course was content was precise with a lot of stuff to learn which is practicable. Amazingly designed assignments give opportunity to learn more from mistakes. I would love to complete this specialization and very much hopeful that this series of courses will be booster to my professional career. Thanks Courseera and University of alberta to give me opportunity to make my professional life better.

By Joshua O

Feb 06, 2016

I rate the course 5 star.

By Setareh M

Feb 12, 2016

It was like someone is reading a book for you. there was no need to watch videos. It wasn't even helping your memory. Just 2 instructor standing still in front of camera and reading from a file in flat voice.

By Neal K

Nov 27, 2018

Huge waste of time....course covers nothing substantive. It takes a very interesting subject, software product management, and transforms it into the world's most boring thing. Not to mention, the content itself - pretty useless, in my opinion. Come on Coursera and U of A - I expected better from both of you!

By Eduardo A R

Feb 22, 2016

It was too bad to not permit the students to perform the quizzes! Only if we pay for them! I thought the payment was for the certificate!

By Fenil H D

Apr 26, 2017

I have read about Agile practices and well aware of the software process models beforehand but this course still managed to teach me a lot more. It was surprisingly to know about the Waterfall model being misunderstood as presented by the author in his paper. Also, I enjoyed the TedX video choices as the course content. It kept things interesting.

One thing that stood out to me was how the delivery of content is ordered to show the differences between different process models and agile practices, in a crystal clear manner. I am taking a lot of good information and can confidently suggest or identify a certain agile practice as a solution. Thank you to all the people who made this course possible!

By Andreia M

Jul 21, 2017

I've been waiting for the end of the Capstone project to review all courses of the specialization. I want to check how they interact and how would the concepts be applied. I couldn't be more satisfied! This specialization is very complete and focused on the main topic "Software Product Management". Although there are several additional resources for us to deeply analyse a concept that interest us, the overall course gives you the necessary view of all options available without becoming to generic. I really recommend this specialization and congratulate all the team involved on developing this course. Thanks!

By Nenna

Mar 21, 2020

I really enjoyed my time during this course. The material and topics are so interesting, that I couldn't stop reading and listening, while I wanted to know more and more. I've read some books related to scrum and agile before, and I was familiar with some of the models mentioned in this course, but there was more, and I wanted to know what is it. The external links to additional resources are very helpful and I am looking forward to continuing my learning here on Coursera.

By Akash P

Nov 14, 2019

Excellent content complemented by top-notch video lectures. In a nutshell, this course propels many learners towards the specialization of product management in true sense. Course material adheres to coherence from the beginning to the end. Resources also serve an excellent reference point along side the course notes and video lectures. Many concepts are presented in very effective manner thoroughly. Keep it up, the course development team at UofA!

By Smail T

Jan 22, 2016

Thanks a lot for all the instructors and the team behind this course. The content quality reminds me of some agile principles.

Simplicity of the words, the illustrations, the examples

Feedback from students through the discussions

Technical excellence and good design

Welcoming change (I've witnessed commitments of the team to improve some points in the content)

I'm thrilled to go on and look at the next courses

I say Bravo !

Smail

Jul 21, 2016

I did an audit only, but the lectures were excellent for the level of understanding I was aiming for. I thought the analogies were well understood, and the presentations were easy to follow and interesting. Both lecturers made it easy to focus on the material and there weren't many things to distract the learner (i.e. no distracting background or awkward speech). Very well done, I think.

By TONY

Jan 08, 2019

Since I am a new Software Development student I really enjoyed learning about something new yet somewhat related to simple project management. I studied Business software applications and would like to refine my skills in Software and the processes involved in software projects and the requirements and skills necessary.

I look forward to gaining more valuable skills moving forward.....

By Noor F R

Mar 01, 2017

Very good course. A lot of information for beginners, but it will surely provide a good foundation on various software processes. To get the best not just follow the videos, try to read or at least check the resources provided in different modules. And don't worry, if you can't remember all the info, the goal is to digest the concepts, not the data.

By Tony D

Sep 27, 2016

This a great course. I have studied Scrum, XP, Lean in passing. This course gave me a better understanding of these methodologies, and affirmed what I know.

I have worked with small software development teams in the past. From this course, I can use a framework in which to understand how our team works, and how we can improve/modify our practices.

By sushmeet s

Nov 08, 2015

Amazing Course. So very enlightening and so very well taught. The quizzes help to reinforce the material learnt in the Lectures.

The quiz question made it so that you had to constantly think critically to answer real world problem scenarios.

Would recommend it to anyone to gain a good understanding of Software Processes and Agile Practices.

By dheeraj

Jun 09, 2018

Very good course .. I have attended multiple courses on the same subject and have been doing product management for more than 7 years.. this course cover all the important concepts and assignments are so nice. Assignments are created with a focus on revising your concepts instead of giving you trick questions. Loved the team.

By Kamlesh P

Mar 17, 2018

Extremely relevant course for today's modern software development scenarios. The course duly focuses on Agile, Scrum and Kanban based methodologies which are at the heart of process models of big companies, looking to deliver software/apps in small iterations, keeping risks manageable and early visibility of failures.

By Rajesh T

Jun 01, 2020

To be honest I was really not good at software skills that much.But after completing my course I'am very much confident and my skills also has been polished again.The teachers and mentors were also very much good at explaining each and every detail that was there in this course.I highly recommend this amazing course.