Back to Software Development Processes and Methodologies

Software Development Processes and Methodologies, University of Minnesota

About this Course

Software is quickly becoming integral part of human life as we see more and more automation and technical advancements. Just like we expect car to work all the time and can't afford to break or reboot unexpectedly, software industry needs to continue to learn better way to build software if it were to become integral part of human life. In this course, you will get an overview of how software teams work? What processes they use? What are some of the industry standard methodologies? What are pros and cons of each? You will learn enough to have meaningful conversation around software development processes. After completing this course, a learner will be able to 1) Apply core software engineering practices at conceptual level for a given problem. 2) Compare and contrast traditional, agile, and lean development methodologies at high level. These include Waterfall, Rational Unified Process, V model, Incremental, Spiral models and overview of agile mindset 3) Propose a methodology best suited for a given situation...

By MF

May 25, 2018

Week 4 assignment. I kept going back to my submission to see if it’s been graded since I never got any email verifications. Now it says I’ve resubmitted the asisngment. Which I haven’t done.

By PK

Mar 17, 2018

The week 4 content was very interesting and the whole course was executed excellently and the content was good enough to justify the course title.

48 Reviews

By Mrinalini Singh

Apr 03, 2019

This course is highly beneficial

By Bilal ERTOĞRUL

Apr 02, 2019

A good course

By ITHA ARAVINDA KOUSIK

Apr 01, 2019

Excellent

By MANISHA NAGAR

Apr 01, 2019

As a non-IT professional I found the course was easy to understand. A little more detail would have helped me immensely.

By Afnan Ahmad

Mar 21, 2019

This course is well designed.

By Mariami Kukhianidze

Mar 19, 2019

It was very productive, and good experience, support is very helpful, no need to worry about any problem which you might face during process, connected to assignments mostly, cause it might be an issue when it comes to fair grading. So in overall I would definitely recommend it to anyone interested in this field, and I continue to complete all the courses I find interesting. Good job, Coursera!

By Trần Hữu Đại Nhật

Mar 11, 2019

A good enough course. Material are sometimes difficult to follow. Assignment are quite different from what were being taught.

By Bartas Cristian-Efim

Mar 05, 2019

I recommend this course !!!

By Fehmi Onur Uysal

Mar 01, 2019

Week 3 and 4 was perfect. Peer Review Assignment needs 29/36 score which is too high. Everyone getting between 29-26 and failing. I think the minimum score should

By Deleted Account

Feb 06, 2019

I liked the videos and quizzes however i did not like the peer review projects. One of the speakers was a little hard to follow and understand. I will be looking for courses elsewhere.