Back to Software Development Processes and Methodologies

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Software Development Processes and Methodologies by University of Minnesota

Software is quickly becoming integral part of human life as we see more and more automation and technical advancements. Just like we expect car to work all the time and can't afford to break or reboot unexpectedly, software industry needs to continue to learn better way to build software if it were to become integral part of human life. In this course, you will get an overview of how software teams work? What processes they use? What are some of the industry standard methodologies? What are pros and cons of each? You will learn enough to have meaningful conversation around software development processes. After completing this course, a learner will be able to 1) Apply core software engineering practices at conceptual level for a given problem. 2) Compare and contrast traditional, agile, and lean development methodologies at high level. These include Waterfall, Rational Unified Process, V model, Incremental, Spiral models and overview of agile mindset 3) Propose a methodology best suited for a given situation...

MW

May 25, 2018

Week 4 assignment. I kept going back to my submission to see if it’s been graded since I never got any email verifications. Now it says I’ve resubmitted the asisngment. Which I haven’t done.

OT

Jun 23, 2019

In this course you can develop the ability to select the right software development methodology in different scenarios.\n\nGreat instructors!\n\nVery well structured!

26 - 50 of 61 Reviews for Software Development Processes and Methodologies

By Tarek A H

May 20, 2018

Very good introduction course for software development process life cycle

By GHAIDA A

Apr 03, 2018

it was amazing course

By Banan A

Apr 03, 2018

good

By Aljohara

Mar 26, 2018

useful

By Deborah ( L

Jan 24, 2018

Really learnt a lot from the instructors. Videos are easy to follow with clear examples. Peer review was challenging at first (never done before) but I eventually got the hang of it. Can't wait for the next course.

By Jorge

Jun 20, 2018

very illustrative to see the big picture

By gamaralsenani

Apr 09, 2018

ghh

By Samar a a

Mar 26, 2018

It very useful and I get a lot of information

By Rahul P

Apr 06, 2018

Good learning

By Bilal E

Apr 02, 2019

A good course

By Mrinalini S

Apr 03, 2019

This course is highly beneficial

By ITHA A K

Apr 01, 2019

Excellent

By ITHA A K

May 28, 2019

Excellent

By Star d

May 20, 2019

short and specific, I can see the time and efforts behind the course.

By Maja V

Jun 11, 2019

Interesting and easy to follow :)

By Oscar S T

Jun 23, 2019

Great instructors!

Very well structured!

By Jaime E B G

Jul 02, 2019

Great guidence, clear explanations.

By Abdelrahman E

Jul 20, 2019

Wonderful course, I've learned so much and I can't wait to apply my knowledge!

By Faiz C A

Jul 25, 2019

Great course! Easy to understand and give me a solid understanding about SDLC.

By Paulo G

May 21, 2019

One of the best courses I ever had.

By Esraa M A

Aug 28, 2019

Very simple and elegant way of teaching, using sketches and examples from real life.

By Mohammed A A A M

Jan 07, 2019

A good course, contains an outline on the subject without too much clutter. The assignments help you apply your knowledge gained by studying the material. Can be completed with ease.

By Fehmi O U

Mar 01, 2019

Week 3 and 4 was perfect. Peer Review Assignment needs 29/36 score which is too high. Everyone getting between 29-26 and failing. I think the minimum score should