Back to Software Development Processes and Methodologies

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Software Development Processes and Methodologies by University of Minnesota

Software is quickly becoming integral part of human life as we see more and more automation and technical advancements. Just like we expect car to work all the time and can't afford to break or reboot unexpectedly, software industry needs to continue to learn better way to build software if it were to become integral part of human life. In this course, you will get an overview of how software teams work? What processes they use? What are some of the industry standard methodologies? What are pros and cons of each? You will learn enough to have meaningful conversation around software development processes. After completing this course, a learner will be able to 1) Apply core software engineering practices at conceptual level for a given problem. 2) Compare and contrast traditional, agile, and lean development methodologies at high level. These include Waterfall, Rational Unified Process, V model, Incremental, Spiral models and overview of agile mindset 3) Propose a methodology best suited for a given situation...

MW

May 25, 2018

Week 4 assignment. I kept going back to my submission to see if it’s been graded since I never got any email verifications. Now it says I’ve resubmitted the asisngment. Which I haven’t done.

OT

Jun 23, 2019

In this course you can develop the ability to select the right software development methodology in different scenarios.\n\nGreat instructors!\n\nVery well structured!

51 - 61 of 61 Reviews for Software Development Processes and Methodologies

By Evelien F

Aug 02, 2018

I learned a lot. Nice assignements and great why to start my journey in this new field

By Alan B

Oct 26, 2018

Project assignments were a little poorly defined in terms of expectations for what a passing grade might entail. Otherwise an excellent course with lots of learning and knowledge to be gained from taking it.

By Tim P

Oct 30, 2018

While I've worked in software development for many years, it was good to brush up on the basics. I would recommend this course to anyone interested in a career in software development as an Analyst. My only critique is the peer grading system. People are anxious to get their submissions graded and if you're late submitting, it gets more difficult. I also noticed people "bartering" to get grading done in a "you grade mine and I'll grade yours" game. The peer grading doesn't provide the best feedback.

By Alberto G

Mar 21, 2018

Very good material

By Thorvaldur K

Feb 19, 2018

Very interesting and engaging course on Software Development Processes and Methodologies. Good both as a first contact course or as a mean of refreshing your memory on processes and methodologies.

By ishaan o

Mar 27, 2018

excellent cource

By MANISHA N

Apr 01, 2019

As a non-IT professional I found the course was easy to understand. A little more detail would have helped me immensely.

By Ranjan R L

Jun 06, 2019

Pretty good course that gives you an introduction to software development, and AGILE process.

By Trần H Đ N

Mar 11, 2019

A good enough course. Material are sometimes difficult to follow. Assignment are quite different from what were being taught.

By ILYA S

Nov 18, 2017

Very repetitive and not detailed enough.

By Marcelo H G

May 16, 2019

Confuse, lack important details. Peer review strangely setup. Testing covered in OK way but lacks any kind of real world examples, practices or code.